Author Topic: Eddie to head Nine  (Read 3652 times)

Moi

Re: Eddie to head Nine
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 11:20:42 PM »

As for the Footy Show - it might finally improve.

Maybe. The real problem is that the format is exhausted - Sam Newmans sardonic diatribes, Trev's unfunny one-liners, footballers talking in monotone cliches - its just not interesting anymore. In my opinion one of the few things Sydney and the NRL does better than Melbourne.
I've watched the Sydney one a few times, and would have to agree that even though i don't know the people on the show or much about rugby, they don't seem to be as nasty as their Melbourne counterpart.  They just seem to have a bit of fun and doesn't seem to be ego-driven.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2006, 04:22:41 PM »
The NRL guys don't take themselves seriously and don't waste the first quarter of an hour of each show paying out on rival networks and journos ::). Also none of the four BRL guys wear two hats that conflict whenever their (old) club is mentioned. Imagine Eddie doing Daredevil Dudes lol. What a scream that is ;D.

I agree with Jake, the format of TFS is exhausted. You can get the latest news and teams from other sources (the net) earlier. Sam is disinterested and just moans all the time, and along with Eddie turning it into the Collingwood sponsors show, there's always an uneasy tension on set instead of the lightheartedness that the show use to have. Eddie is happy to break the "big" stories along as they aren't negative towards the Pies. He'll rave on about the Pies latest sponsorship signing even though we couldn't careless yet there was deadly silence over the Cameron Cloke and Brodie Holland incidents ::).   

« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 05:47:04 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Lyon and Brayshaw to host The Footy Show
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2006, 11:00:59 PM »
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18237118-23211,00.html

Sunday footy show moving to Thursday nights.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006, 10:52:21 PM »
Wonder what Eddie's future at Nine will be now that James is gonna sell up.
Not sure that Nine is going too well at the moment - maybe his days are numbered anyway  ;D