Author Topic: Well done RFC/ Tyler Fishlock  (Read 30874 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Well done RFC/ Tyler Fishlock
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2018, 05:03:05 PM »
Best of luck, Tyler. Kick its ass like the previous 2 times!
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2018, 05:04:39 PM »
Terrible news.

My prayers and thoughts for Tyler and the family.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2018, 08:20:36 PM »
Best wishes Tyler.

I hope you were able to go to the Grandfinal last year.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2018, 01:05:04 AM »
Some good news! Tyler Fishlock is one step closer to conquering cancer for the THIRD time. Surgeons successfully removed the tumour from his leg at the Royal Children’s on Monday. Story in tomorrow’s @theheraldsun

https://twitter.com/aaronlangmaid/status/1027129845984026625

Guts personified. Best wishes Tyler  :clapping.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2018, 06:26:29 AM »
Great news!!  :thumbsup
I was really saddened to hear about this not so long ago
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2018, 08:32:33 AM »
Great news such fighter wish him all the best.I hope the club a looking after him, would love for him to run through the banner one game.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2018, 12:02:51 PM »
Great stuff , you go you little Tiger you :clapping

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2018, 01:03:19 PM »
What a bloody legend Tyler is, honestly. Kid deserves some good luck once he gives cancer the flick again.

No one deserves another premiership more than him
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2018, 05:52:52 PM »
Some good news! Tyler Fishlock is one step closer to conquering cancer for the THIRD time. Surgeons successfully removed the tumour from his leg at the Royal Children’s on Monday. Story in tomorrow’s @theheraldsun

https://twitter.com/aaronlangmaid/status/1027129845984026625

Guts personified. Best wishes Tyler  :clapping.

:clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping. Best wishes Tyler. What an incredibly courageous person.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2018, 07:18:07 PM »
awesome news!

what a brave kid
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2018, 08:48:02 PM »
Awesome news on a day cancer grabbed a legend

RIP Jarrod Lyle

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Brave Tyler Fishlock beats cancer for a third time (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2019, 12:03:29 AM »
Fantastic news  :thumbsup.

Brave Tyler beats cancer for third time

Grant McArthur,
Herald Sun
31 Jan 2019

Courageous Tyler Fishlock has beaten cancer for the third time one day before starting Year 11 and getting on with the next chapter of his life.

After a third horror journey through surgery and chemotherapy, Tyler and his family received the remarkable news from Royal Children’s Hospital doctors on Tuesday that he was in again remission.

Despite the enormity of the occasion, the 16-year-old was determined to immediately put his latest battle behind him and has gone to school today to start Year 11 like every other child.

Just a few weeks ago Tyler’s body was struggling so much his aggressive treatment had to be cut short and he missed his last four rounds of chemotherapy, but his mother Georgette Fishlock said nothing could stop him triumphing.

“He has beaten cancer again — he is just an amazing kid,” she said.

“We hoped and prayed it was going to be enough. But, his PET scans came back clean, and his oncologist said ‘you’re back in remission’.

“I have never won Tattslotto, but I can you that I reckon this feels a hell of a lot better.

“Tyler is Tyler — his oncologist said ‘you are back in remission, what do you think about that?’

“But he just focused on the next chapter of his life and, as he said to Brad and I, ‘it is time to get my life back, to take control and do what I want to do’.”

Tyler lost both his eyes and half his face fighting an ongoing battle with rare genetic cancer retinoblastoma in his youngest years.

He again had to fight a recurrence of cancer in 2014, having a nightmare journey through aggressive chemotherapy and surgery, but survived.

Then, in April last year, Tyler was again diagnosed with cancer after a mysterious broken bones in his right leg.

After some initial rounds of chemotherapy to try to halt the spread of the tumours doctors operated to remove as much of the cancer as they could on August 6.

Tyler was scheduled for 20 rounds of aggressive chemotherapy but, after enduring 16 rounds his kidneys were struggling and a transplant was on the cards as his body could take no more, so the treatment was cut short early this year.

“Things were not great, but he came out flying, refused to have his leg amputated and said ‘no, the treatment will work, I’ll make sure it does’,” Ms Fishlock said.

“The tumour started shrinking and got to the point they could have surgery (to) resection his leg and he then continued with chemo because there was a lot of live tumour still left in his leg.

“They warned us his leg would be quite bad, because they had to sever nerves and rejoin everything … his leg and foot are pretty numb but Tyler being Tyler, he got out of his wheelchair and has been walking with one leg he could feel and one he could not.

“He has not looked back. He just wants to be back to normal, even though his normal is not like everyone else’s normal.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/tyler-fishlock-beats-cancer-for-the-third-time/news-story/da011b7902723e50ad7158848292c9f1
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2019, 12:16:34 AM »
:cheers

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2019, 12:17:22 AM »
Did this young fella get to go to the 2017 Grand Final?

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #164 on: January 31, 2019, 06:59:56 AM »
Love Tyler's always positive attitude.

An inspiration to us all.