Author Topic: Teams Round 4  (Read 2548 times)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Teams Round 4
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 08:00:43 PM »
Disappointed to see Lennon dropped

×2  - what has he done wrong . How's he supposed to get some continuity into his game . How does cardboard cut out Elton get another game .

lol

What did he do right?

Didnt get near the ball and didnt kick a goal.

..........next

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2017, 08:29:20 PM »
Disappointed to see Lennon dropped

×2  - what has he done wrong . How's he supposed to get some continuity into his game . How does cardboard cut out Elton get another game .
That makes a lot of sense. You question how Lennon is supposed to get continuity into his game and you want to drop another guy after one week.
Even if Elton didn't get a kick last week, he deserves to get a couple of games in succession to show if he can play at the level. He was no worse than Griff has been in more than half of his 60 odd games.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2017, 09:57:03 PM »
I'm all for Elton getting a run at it ahead of Griffiths at least but fact is he's been on the list nearly twice as long as Lennon and has shown exactky nine tenths of stuff all at even VFL level, let alone AFL level....I'd say he's had more than enough chances...ultimately I think it's time to stop fart arsing about with both Griffiths &  Elton and start getting games into Chol & Moore...ready or not, they can't be much worse and are still young enough to get a lot better...as is Lennon...

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2017, 10:56:41 PM »
Lennon is a pick 12 investment- just play him ffs , give him a decent block of games .Been on the list 3 years .  Kicked 2 against Collingwood in a tight game .
Unleash the tornado

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2017, 11:08:44 PM »
well lennon should be playing like a madman to show he wants to be part of the team

8 poss
only 1 tackle
no goals....is a crap effort

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2017, 11:13:00 PM »
Only 1 tackle and 4 pressure acts.  I think the coach is setting a standard especially in the forward 50.

Defensive pressure is the most important stat when your not kicking goals.

I like it.  :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2017, 02:43:31 AM »
Lennon
Didn't do enough to keep his spot
End of story

Offline Tigerteam

• Tiger Rookie
    • Homefix Building Services
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2017, 08:18:37 AM »
Totally agree about Lennon being dropped. If his game is not at the right level then he needs to go & learn some of the pressure acts Daniel Rioli does. Daniel had low possessions at times in his first season but more than made up for his lack of possession by adopting a tackling, harassing & second + third effort defensive style. Lennon needs to try & emulate what Rioli has achieved & they will both be a force no team will be able to handle because there is no question both players have class & skill.

tony_montana

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2017, 08:33:22 AM »
So where is Lennon at? Can clearly see the lad is busting a nut out there and trying harder than I've ever seen him try...   ...and it's still not enough. Has he got what it takes? Good kick, decent hands, very slow

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2017, 11:58:17 AM »
I'm all for Elton getting a run at it ahead of Griffiths at least but fact is he's been on the list nearly twice as long as Lennon and has shown exactky nine tenths of stuff all at even VFL level, let alone AFL level....I'd say he's had more than enough chances...ultimately I think it's time to stop fart arsing about with both Griffiths &  Elton and start getting games into Chol & Moore...ready or not, they can't be much worse and are still young enough to get a lot better...as is Lennon...
Chol and Moore are not even nearly ready and I recon even you know that. Playing them now while you have a guy, like you said, that has been on the list forever is stupid before you know if the guy can play at AFL level... forget Lennon for a second as that is a different topic.

What I don't get is people want to drop Elton after one game, with Griffiths still dizzy and with nobody else banging the door down in the twos.
The smart move is to give Elton some time at AFL level to see if he has been worth the wait. Otherwise what is the point of giving him his lastest 1 year contract??
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 02:54:12 PM by big tone »

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2017, 12:06:30 PM »
So where is Lennon at? Can clearly see the lad is busting a nut out there and trying harder than I've ever seen him try...   ...and it's still not enough. Has he got what it takes? Good kick, decent hands, very slow
The words wet week spring to mind. He has been trying hard.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2017, 03:39:47 AM »
Emergency Oleg Markov has made the trip up to Brisbane with the team.

https://twitter.com/Ryan_Tiger_Fan/status/853133925073379328

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2017, 08:36:26 AM »
Emergency Oleg Markov has made the trip up to Brisbane with the team.

https://twitter.com/Ryan_Tiger_Fan/status/853133925073379328
Good! Let's hope he gets a game.
Give the docs brother a rest.  :shh

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2017, 10:42:41 AM »
Lennon is a pick 12 investment- just play him ffs , give him a decent block of games .Been on the list 3 years .  Kicked 2 against Collingwood in a tight game .

:clapping
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2017, 11:36:37 AM »
well lennon should be playing like a madman to show he wants to be part of the team

8 poss
only 1 tackle
no goals....is a crap effort

Poor bloke improves in the area that they wanted (intensity) but doesn't kick a goal one week (hello Griff) and gets dropped. One tackle is a joke too. May have recorded one but he was involved in more than that but other players must have been given the stat