Author Topic: Changes for the Dees game next week?  (Read 6868 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the Dees game next week?
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2017, 09:54:29 AM »
Well someone had to step up , even against lowly Brisbane.  Cotchin and Dusty decided to have the weekend off.
Our twos would have beaten Brisbane yesterday.
Let's see how Grigg, Houli and Ellis go angainst decent sides in big games.
They all go missing EVERY TIME.
It's time now to replace them. Maybe not even all at once but what has Houli done this year to be ahead of Markov? A kid last year that proved he could play HB with his toughness as well as his run and carry.
These players will at best get you to 9th as we have already seen 2, 3, 4 years ago and they aren't getting any better.

The 3 mentioned went pretty good against West Coast last week
I guess that depends on how you watch footy.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 10:13:21 AM »
What gets me is many people here are talking up veteran Griggs 2016 style game as the highlight, yet, for example, we had a player who has played just 9 career games, had 16 possessions, 6 score involvements and kicked 4 goals 1.

9 career games and kicked 4 goals 1.

Yes Castagna picked the wrong option many times but better decision making under pressure will come in time.

FFS get some perspective people!

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2017, 10:32:38 AM »
Well someone had to step up , even against lowly Brisbane.  Cotchin and Dusty decided to have the weekend off.
It's time now to replace them. Maybe not even all at once but what has Houli done this year to be ahead of Markov? A kid last year that proved he could play HB with his toughness as well as his run and carry.
These players will at best get you to 9th as we have already seen 2, 3, 4 years ago and they aren't getting any better.

Watch every game , every round
Pre season as well

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2017, 12:09:41 PM »

Watch every game , every round
Pre season as well

Jack I think what Big Tone means is how correctly one perceives and receives the game, not how many games one watches.

There are morons who go week in week out who are clueless unfortunately, yet there are people who can only get to 2-3 games a year who are latently more intelligent people and can pick up what's going on very quickly.

Unfortunately in life, commitment does not always correlate strongly with intelligence.

Quantity of views does not equate to quality of viewpoint.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 01:59:39 PM »
Houli Grigga and Brando going along nicely

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2017, 02:05:09 PM »
True. They are making me eat my words. However, when we are playing Adelaide, Geelong, Bulldogs and GWS, it will be a much bigger test for them. As seniors in the team, they'll need to play well in those games, If they don't, I'd be putting more games into Markov, Menadue and even Bolton. We must keep trying to find a combination that will win the big games against the good clubs.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2017, 03:51:46 PM »
True. They are making me eat my words. However, when we are playing Adelaide, Geelong, Bulldogs and GWS, it will be a much bigger test for them. As seniors in the team, they'll need to play well in those games, If they don't, I'd be putting more games into Markov, Menadue and even Bolton. We must keep trying to find a combination that will win the big games against the good clubs.
No no YBB, let's play ol' Hunt, Morris & bring back hammer time :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2017, 05:44:44 PM »
I would imagine Markov and Menadue are similar, i thought Markov had more upside??? Any commentz??

Also how is Corey Ellis tracking??

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2017, 06:54:32 PM »
Actually thought Menadue was solid despite having a quiet game. Did some nice things and moves so well.

Didn't think much of Elton but thought he got better as the game went on. We know Griffiths will get toweled up by any opposition. Might as well persist with Elton for a few games and see how he goes IMO.

Grigg and Conca have been great this year, can't deny it.

Even Ellis is laying more tackles.

Would like to see Miles in the side but honestly can't decide at whose expense atm... Melbourne has a tough midfield.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2017, 07:42:11 PM »
:clapping
And a few others for that matter.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

tony_montana

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2017, 07:42:37 PM »
Miles for Lambert

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2017, 06:20:30 AM »
Agree Miles in at the expense of Lambert. Would drop Elton for Griffiths and bring in Lennon at the expense of Menadue.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2017, 06:54:17 AM »
Think Lambert will run with Viney

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2017, 02:48:21 PM »
In the Mix - Round 5

Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
18 April 2017

RICHMOND

Damien Hardwick has shown he is happy to change a winning formula this season and he has the depth to do so again in round five.

Mobile forwards Ben Lennon and Sam Lloyd booted six and five goals respectively in the VFL and are jockeying for selection against Melbourne on Anzac Eve. Lloyd also finished with 27 possessions and 13 marks in a standout performance to open the VFL season.

The Tigers might also make a change in their second ruck/tall forward spot, with Ben Griffiths (concussion) expected to be fit and Mabior Chol waiting in the wings.

Tough midfielder Anthony Miles (35 possessions and two goals) is in the type of form that would normally see him walk into the senior team, but midfield spots are hard to come by at Tigerland. His chances will rely on team balance and if the Tigers prefer to take extra run or hardness in against the Demons, who rank No.1 in the AFL for uncontested possessions.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-18/in-the-mix-round-five

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2017, 02:55:25 PM »
The Barometer - Round 5

Herald-Sun
18 April 2017

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK: Connor Menadue could go straight back out of the side after picking up just nine disposals in his first game of the year. Todd Elton is providing a contest up forward but is the obvious casualty when Ben Griffiths returns. Jayden Short would be looking for a big game to cement his spot.

ON THE CUSP:
Griffiths has now missed two matches with concussion and should be right to go against the Demons next Monday night. Plenty of candidates from the VFL after a massive 189-point win against North Ballarat. Ben Lennon kicked six goals, Sam Lloyd five and Anthony Miles had 35 disposals.

AL PATON’S FORECAST:
The 4-0 Tigers are trying to keep the lid on but that is getting harder by the week. Bigger tests await in coming weeks starting with a classic eight-point game against fellow finals hopeful Melbourne — a team Richmond hasn’t beaten since 2013. After that it’s the Crows in Adelaide and the Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium. If Richmond is still in the upper reaches of the ladder after that bracket it will be all aboard the Tiggy train.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-injury-list-latest-injury-news-and-selection-analysis-after-round-4/news-story/f23d1d1c8bcb91aa27bfc71b241384c6