Author Topic: Richmond vs W.Bulldogs - Round 7, 2017  (Read 6443 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs W.Bulldogs - Round 7, 2017
« Reply #285 on: May 07, 2017, 01:41:37 AM »
Typical Richmond.  Staring 6-1 in the face and didn't have the balls to take the opportunity.

Unleash the tornado

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #286 on: May 07, 2017, 03:06:23 AM »
Honourable loss :clapping

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #287 on: May 07, 2017, 09:40:29 AM »
As tough as it was to lose to the side I hate the most, we need to put things in perspective, the futur is bright considering we had 8 players with 25 games or less,mcompared to their 2

We are on track but it would've been nice to hang on last night and gain some much deserved respect

tony_montana

« Reply #288 on: May 07, 2017, 09:42:55 AM »
As tough as it was to lose to the side I hate the most, we need to put things in perspective, the futur is bright considering we had 8 players with 25 games or less,mcompared to their 2

We are on track but it would've been nice to hang on last night and gain some much deserved respect

Heard youngest side this round?

Isn't it interesting that every time Carlton plays you will hear minimum 5-6 times from th commentators how young they are and how many players they've played under 50 games yet you hear nothing about us. #mediaagenda

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #289 on: May 07, 2017, 09:43:38 AM »
Since Adelaide lost to north quite easily I think the top 8 is wide open. Really any team can win if they are right on their game. I still think we can make top 4 if we don't get any key injuries, we can match it with the best just need to be more composed. If we had a decent key forward to go with jack I think the team would look very different.  She's a long season, I'm interested to see how we will progress. Sure it'd be nice to be 6-1 or 7-0 but every team drops games atleast we haven't lost games we really should win, and won some we shouldn't like Melbourne and Collingwood games. Must put freo away at the G. Then we play gws Essendon and north. I think we'll find out where we at. If we win 3 of those 4 I'd say we're in good shape.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #290 on: May 07, 2017, 09:46:41 AM »
IIRC, a lot of us on here wanted to see how we responded to last week's capitulation

Although it was a disappointing loss for a number of reasons I cannot be critical of how the responded. What we got was what I  wanted to see. So they get a small tick for that
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #291 on: May 07, 2017, 09:57:39 AM »

Isn't it interesting that every time Carlton plays you will hear minimum 5-6 times from th commentators how young they are and how many players they've played under 50 games yet you hear nothing about us. #mediaagenda

People on here don't seem to recognise our in-experience. We get what's expected out of our best players, jack, rance, Martin, cotch was a bit quiet but still played an above average game I thought. Even grigg is playing consistently. It's our c-b graders and younger players that need to step up. Rioli pressure was there but did nothing besides that really, castagna needed to do more along with butler. Played soldo who started playing footy 3 years ago. Elton who isn't afl level but looks to be slowly improving, markov, short, c Ellis even mcintosh. A lot of inexperience. Need more from b ellis ( as usual ) caddy was okay I thought. Houli average, lambert average, miles average. Lots of upside if they can improve

tony_montana

« Reply #292 on: May 07, 2017, 09:58:17 AM »
IIRC, a lot of us on here wanted to see how we responded to last week's capitulation

Although it was a disappointing loss for a number of reasons I cannot be critical of how the responded. What we got was what I  wanted to see. So they get a small tick for that

100% - however, I must admit I am still burning at throwing it away losing last night, so many what if moments. No more "but who have they played comments" 6-1 and legitimately building into a strong season

tony_montana

« Reply #293 on: May 07, 2017, 10:03:23 AM »

People on here don't seem to recognise our in-experience. We get what's expected out of our best players, jack, rance, Martin, cotch was a bit quiet but still played an above average game I thought. Even grigg is playing consistently. It's our c-b graders and younger players that need to step up. Rioli pressure was there but did nothing besides that really, castagna needed to do more along with butler. Played soldo who started playing footy 3 years ago. Elton who isn't afl level but looks to be slowly improving, markov, short, c Ellis even mcintosh. A lot of inexperience. Need more from b ellis ( as usual ) caddy was okay I thought. Houli average, lambert average, miles average. Lots of upside if they can improve

Agree with all of that well said.

tony_montana

« Reply #294 on: May 07, 2017, 10:26:00 AM »
My thoughts on our B and C graders.

Lambert - his run was lively unfortunately he butchered the ball at key moments which cost us and ruined what wouldve been a decent game
Butler - clean hands provided good run and decent defensive pressure doing his job week in week out in a tough position
Castagna and Rioli - didnt do much offensively but both were elite with harrassing and pressure imo.
Elton - took a small step fwd last night, clunked some strong marks but spoiled a decent game with 3 glaring errors which were costly
Vlastuin - was probably bog in the 1st quarter. Has had a stinker of a season so far, plays his best qtr of footy then bam injury, thats so richmond
Ellis B - squib and once again got exposed in a high pressure game - panic merchant, blind handballs just terrible
Ellis C - way off the pace, no preseason will do that to you, needs to use this year and next preseason as a springboard
Soldo - cant ask for more for a 1st gamer. Faded badly but showed enough to encourage him and the club. Will take some confidence from that
Macca - Didnt notice him much, but was ok, love his run
Grimes - Underrated player but he is capable of more imo and we should be demanding more
Astbury - very good aerially and 1 on 1, still the occasional dumb brain fade but happy with his performance
Caddy - thought he was very good early, faded like a lot of our players but overall had a good game
Miles- was good
Short - was decent, stood up under the pressure and showed he has some poise. Although a couple of tackling efforts need to be reviisted
Houli - see Ellis B comments - absolute panic merchant whose 26 possession mask an error riddled game full of bad judgement calls.
Grigg - very good game and credit where its due - is having a ripper season
Markov - big wrap for this kid, is courageous full of run, takes a decent grab - he has an impact on the game was surprised he only had 10 possies - good sign for mine

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #295 on: May 07, 2017, 02:24:32 PM »
Last night made it abundantly clear that we were 5  from 5 in spite of Halfstep, not because of him...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #296 on: May 07, 2017, 04:02:42 PM »
Surely no player in the league puts players under more pressure than Houli, and not in the good way. Such a panic merchant who dishes off handballs to teammates under more pressure than he is because he's scared of taking a little bit of body contact or to take the player on.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #297 on: May 07, 2017, 04:14:24 PM »
Surely no player in the league puts players under more pressure than Houli, and not in the good way. Such a panic merchant who dishes off handballs to teammates under more pressure than he is because he's scared of taking a little bit of body contact or to take the player on.

The game"s gone past him.
Looks like a foolish Abraham Lincoln dogging bullets at Ford's Theatre
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #298 on: May 07, 2017, 04:49:50 PM »
 :lol
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #299 on: May 07, 2017, 06:49:04 PM »
:bow

Can't stand him.