Author Topic: Frees For and Against Tally for the Season  (Read 26230 times)

tony_montana

Re: Frees For and Against Tally for the Season
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2017, 11:12:10 PM »
That deliberate rushed one is probably the worst one yet.
The umpire who paid that needs to be tarred and feathered, he had it in for us all night, probably had $5 on ess with sportsbet

Umpire number 11. Has been putrid all year :banghead
That's Deboy. Only umpired 18 AFL games and screwed us in 3 of them over the past month. IIRC this is the second time he's wrongly nailed Short for deliberate. The other time was that crap decision against the Dogs.

http://www.afl.com.au/umpires/profiles

Deboy is a stuffing cheat and we should ask for a formal investigation into his umpiring of our games.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2017, 11:21:51 PM »
Worsfold in his presser said the decision was correct as it was perceived pressure and not physical pressure that Short was under. If that's the case then in similar circumstances as an attacker you just pull up at the last second and it becomes perceived pressure but I bet when we try it they won't call it.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2017, 11:29:01 PM »
Gillon himself said it was the wrong decision. Said it right in front of me at half time. True.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2017, 11:31:51 PM »
That deliberate rushed one is probably the worst one yet.
The umpire who paid that needs to be tarred and feathered, he had it in for us all night, probably had $5 on ess with sportsbet

Umpire number 11. Has been putrid all year :banghead
That's Deboy. Only umpired 18 AFL games and screwed us in 3 of them over the past month. IIRC this is the second time he's wrongly nailed Short for deliberate. The other time was that crap decision against the Dogs.

http://www.afl.com.au/umpires/profiles

Deboy is a stuffing cheat and we should ask for a formal investigation into his umpiring of our games.

was called a cheat by a  caller tonight on the way home and you guessed it lloyd jumped to his defence.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

tony_montana

« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2017, 11:36:31 PM »
Worsfold in his presser said the decision was correct as it was perceived pressure and not physical pressure that Short was under. If that's the case then in similar circumstances as an attacker you just pull up at the last second and it becomes perceived pressure but I bet when we try it they won't call it.

Reiwoldt does this all the time when defenders are running towards the boundary - never once has it been paid deliberate

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2017, 11:39:30 PM »
The thing that was so wrong about the rushed decision was that Short had absolutely no hope of stopping or changing direction after running back into the goalsquare at top pace.  Short got to the ball about 2mtrs inside the goal line going at top speed, is it even humanly possible to do anything else except run it through for a point?
Waiting for the AFL to have another sneaky meeting & change the interpretation, now that they have thrown us under the bus AGAIN!    :banghead     
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2017, 11:40:49 PM »
I'm the resident expert on the deliberate decision and I can confirm that the call was bordering on absurd
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2017, 11:52:47 PM »
If short had amazingly knocked it sideways and it went out, would that have been deliberate as well??
Pauline Hanson Please Explain Moment

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2017, 12:18:30 AM »
Dimma forgives umpire's rushed behind 'mistake'

afl.com.au
28 May 2017

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick refused to criticise the umpires for paying a controversial deliberate rushed behind free kick against Tigers defender Jayden Short just before half-time on Saturday night at the MCG.

The free kick was paid against Short after he won a foot race from 50 metres out to just metres from the goal line against Essendon's small forward Josh Green as the loose ball tumbled towards goal.

When Short slid into the ball and forced it across the line he was just a couple of metres ahead of Green who had given up the chase.

However, umpire Curtis Deboy decided it was a deliberate rushed behind and paid a free kick to Green, much to Hardwick's disbelief at the time as he was seen throwing his head back in the coaches box.

The resultant goal gave the Bombers the lead at half-time.

However, post-game, with the win in his hands, Hardwick was in a forgiving mood saying he suspected the umpire merely made an error.

"I think they made a mistake, end of story. That's it for mine," Hardwick said.

"It's tough. They have got a tough gig. You have got 85,000 people yelling one way or another. I guarantee you I would rather be playing than umpiring. They do a pretty good job."

Hardwick was asked how it compared with a controversial decision in round two when Sydney Swans' defender Callum Mills was penalised against the Western Bulldogs when he bashed the ball through the goals without being under obvious pressure.

"I am probably not there to judge, I'll let them clarify that. As long as they have got a fair understanding of what the rule is there, that will be fine," Hardwick said.

However, Essendon coach John Worsfold said he thought the decision was consistent with the direction the AFL had given before the season.

"The rule was if you rush it from outside the goalsquare, it's a free kick, (and) if you rush it from inside the goalsquare you have to be under physical pressure, which means a hand on you I'd assume, not perceived pressure," Worsfold said.

He said the decision had an effect on his team with Andy McGrath not rushing a ball in the third quarter when he should have forced it through, which enabled Tigers star Dusty Martin to kick a snap goal.

"We'll clarify it with our players exactly what the rule is," Worsfold said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-27/coaches-not-quite-eye-to-eye-on-free-kick

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2017, 12:19:05 AM »
Here's a replay of the deliberate incident:

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/AFL/status/868415088931119105/video/1

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2017, 12:25:10 AM »
Deboy...

Before each game I find a quite moment to pray. FMD.

http://aflua.com.au/portfolio-items/curtis-deboy/
Go Tigers!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2017, 12:30:26 AM »
If he picks up the ball and then gets tackled is he allowed to handball it through the goals?
If so then that's what he should've done.

But we will see the exact same thing next game and it won't be paid against.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2017, 01:15:14 AM »
Dimmer can't even pronounce Castagna's name correctly.

He would have been told, just doesn't care to listen.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2017, 04:53:42 AM »

Reiwoldt does this all the time when defenders are running towards the boundary - never once has it been paid deliberate

This
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2017, 07:50:49 AM »
What a great look for the game where the opponent instead of making a contest instead pulls up and starts appealing for a free before Short has even touched the ball.

You have to really wonder what the stuff is going on when the rules are being played to instead of players playing football