Author Topic: Richmond AFLW team [merged]  (Read 188616 times)

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond AFLW team 2020 [merged]
« Reply #300 on: July 28, 2020, 09:45:23 PM »
https://youtu.be/xLE-IJ80kH8

Looks like a tough nut but a top 10 Victorian pick is a high price to pay. Maybe we can offload Federicks and get a pick back

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #301 on: July 29, 2020, 05:49:22 PM »
Our womens program is a joke has been from the start. I dont think Sheahan should be running it. Gale needs to impr

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #302 on: July 29, 2020, 06:31:42 PM »
Our womens program is a joke has been from the start. I dont think Sheahan should be running it. Gale needs to impr

No Ramps, can't agree and I think you forgot to finish your comment(s) about Benny Gale. And FYI Benny hand picked Kate Sheahan

Balmey was involved in the program, he loves the Club having a women's team

But I think came in too late, would like to see him more involved going forward

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #303 on: July 29, 2020, 10:56:53 PM »
Gale needs to be stronger on the performance
Of the AFLW program. The performance of the side was disgraceful. Totally uncompetitive. Who was incharge of that? They should be sacked.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #304 on: July 31, 2020, 09:31:30 PM »
Still no coach and the Sign and Trade Period Starts on Monday   ::)
=============================================

AFLW Sign and Trade Period preview

By Richmond Media - 11 hrs ago

The 2020 AFLW Sign and Trade Period kicks off next Monday, with Richmond set to welcome a number of new faces to the Club.

Throughout the 10-day period, which concludes on Wednesday, August 12, Clubs will be permitted to sign up to 27 players, including rookie players.

Rookie players in the AFLW competition are those that have not been listed with any Australian football team for the past three years.

In addition to the No. 1 pick in the 2020 draft, the Tigers were granted a first-round compensation pick, No. 15 in the national draft (No. 9 Victorian), that must be on-traded to bring in ready-made talent.

Richmond’s Head of Women’s Football Kate Sheahan said the Tigers were grateful for the assistance and excited to add some experience to their list with that pick.

"We’re the youngest team in the competition, and with a number of our older players having retired, we’re looking forward to an injection of experience," Sheahan said.

Sheahan said bringing in seasoned players to complement the Tigers' young list would be a focus throughout the Sign and Trade Period.

"We’re looking for experience, to help develop our younger girls, and we’re looking for players who are hard-working and will continue to drive the professionalism amongst our group," she said.

The draft order will be confirmed on Friday, August 21. Richmond currently holds picks 1, 15 (must be on-traded), 17 and 31.

The start date for 2021 AFLW season was confirmed on Wednesday, with the home and away season set to commence in the first week of February.

Pre-season will begin with a two-week induction period starting on Wednesday, November 4, 2020.

Key dates for the 2020 AFLW Sign and Trade Period:

Monday August 3

AFLW Sign & Trade Period commences (12pm)

Wednesday August 12

Trade period closes (2pm) AFLW List Lodgement # 1 (4pm)

Monday August 17

Re-signing and Restricted Free Agent period closes (2pm) AFLW List Lodgement # 2 (4pm)

Friday August 21

Delisted Free Agent period closes (2pm) AFLW List Lodgement # 3 (4pm)

AFLW Draft order confirmed

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/785412/aflw-sign-and-trade-period-preview
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 09:46:10 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #305 on: July 31, 2020, 10:10:29 PM »
There gonna mess it up again. Another wooden spoon coming for the AFLW program.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #306 on: July 31, 2020, 10:48:21 PM »
They need to find young genuine footballers that can find the footy. Too many plodders that can’t read the play and don’t know what they’re doing.

I liked Grace Campbell, she’s tenacious and desperate and definitely not scarred to go in and get her own ball.
The more we get actual footy smart girls like Conti and not just big names from other sports that have no idea when it comes to footy, the better it will be for our team.
The club that keeps giving.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #307 on: August 01, 2020, 09:45:48 AM »
They need to find young genuine footballers that can find the footy. Too many plodders that can’t read the play and don’t know what they’re doing.

I liked Grace Campbell, she’s tenacious and desperate and definitely not scarred to go in and get her own ball.
The more we get actual footy smart girls like Conti and not just big names from other sports that have no idea when it comes to footy, the better it will be for our team.

I reckon Grace will get re-signed. She deserves it. Like most first year players she needs to improve a number of things but her attack on the footy is 2nd to none. Need more of that. Just hope she has time for footy, seeing she is a nurse and is doing great things in these COVID times

Will interesting to see who they trade for with pick 15. We have to on trade that pick

With no coach and Sheahan basically doing her own thing (again) I am very worried about this trade perios. My hope is with Balmey still on Melb (I think he is) he will be more hands on this time...

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #308 on: August 01, 2020, 12:56:42 PM »
Rfc aflw program is like people playing supercoach lol. Sheahan shouldnt be making any decisions last years recruiting was disgraceful.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #309 on: August 01, 2020, 02:56:36 PM »

I reckon Grace will get re-signed. She deserves it. Like most first year players she needs to improve a number of things but her attack on the footy is 2nd to none. Need more of that. Just hope she has time for footy, seeing she is a nurse and is doing great things in these COVID times

Will interesting to see who they trade for with pick 15. We have to on trade that pick

With no coach and Sheahan basically doing her own thing (again) I am very worried about this trade perios. My hope is with Balmey still on Melb (I think he is) he will be more hands on this time...

Pick 15 will be traded for Sarah Hosking from Carlton - a hard at it player but nothing special.  Another Sheehan special (just recruits her mates) to add to Federicks et al.  Our program will go nowhere unless she is moved on

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #310 on: August 01, 2020, 06:43:14 PM »
Agree. Proofs in the pudding with Sheahan.

And they should also get rid of that old unfit washed up hack that helps her. Someone at headquarters thought that it was a great idea to have her in recruiting so she picked herself after not playing for a year. Absolutely rubbish player that was clearly overweight and not up-to AFLW standard that was not on a list in 2019.
But if you’ve got a substandard recruiting system that is not taking the job seriously but thinks it wise to choose players that are washed up overweight hasbeens that aren’t prepared for the modern natural growth of women’s footy then it’s not hard to see why we averaged 20 points a game and were the worst performed team in the AFLW competition.

People can sugar coat it anyway they like but the facts are facts.

Get rid of the rubbish and get professionals in there that actually know what they are doing.

The club that keeps giving.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #311 on: August 02, 2020, 09:14:56 PM »
The propaganda site saying we are getting another one of Sheehans mates from Collingwood. D’arcy. If we trade pick 1 for her then the Balmey needs to step in

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #312 on: August 03, 2020, 03:13:49 PM »
Trade period underway. Blue Sarah Hosking is now a Tiger.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #313 on: August 03, 2020, 03:14:50 PM »
Just read Sheehan has traded Grace Campbell - one of our few decent players to North for pick 43!

Sheehan is a stuffen halfwit.

Paid way overs for Hosking and recieved way unders for Campbell.  This is the risk when she is let lose without a Coach in place
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 04:25:05 PM by Knighter »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #314 on: August 03, 2020, 08:59:07 PM »
Cordner of Melbourne linked to us according to SEN.