Author Topic: Dreamtime @ the 'G - Richmond vs Essendon - Round 10, 2017  (Read 16006 times)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dreamtime @ the 'G - Richmond vs Essendon - Round 10, 2017
« Reply #180 on: May 29, 2017, 08:19:01 AM »
When houli is replaced we will be a much better side. I'd love to see short as the go to option for the run and kick off hb rather than houli.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #181 on: May 29, 2017, 10:15:48 AM »
I like Shorty but I think he butchered it a bit the other night.

tony_montana

« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2017, 11:23:35 AM »
Good sides dont need a "go to release player" too easy to shut down and then youre basically hamstrung, everyone should be capable of rebounding and releasing with the exception of maybe one or two key defenders (in our situation one - Astbury)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #183 on: May 29, 2017, 02:27:49 PM »
From Robbo's "Likes/Dislikes" column today:

3. THE GATHERING

NOTHING personified indigenous input than a series of actions by Daniel Rioli, Shai Bolton and Shane Edwards in the second quarter on Saturday night. The ball was deep in Richmond’s forward pocket and Rioli and Bolton - who is just 18 and playing his second game - harassed and pressured the Bombers and won the ball. Edwards was the recipient of that pressure and kicked a left-foot snap goal. Bolton, who was the youngest player taken in the draft, looms as a wonderful pick at No.29.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/mark-robinson/indigenous-stars-light-up-indigenous-round-as-more-umpiring-controversy-splits-the-afl/news-story/da7ba41ef0fa980132e93e48f9bb87fe

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: May 29, 2017, 02:33:15 PM »
Won 8 of the past 10 againts Essendon .

Makes me laugh when I remember a comment on Bomberblitz once - we are light years ahead of Richmond.  Lol.
Unleash the tornado

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: May 29, 2017, 02:51:42 PM »
Thought Caddy was okay particularly in first half. Kicking for goal let him down.
Was more than ok. He was a constant threat all night. Had he kicked straight he would have been in the top half dozen for us.

Don't disagree with what you are saying but his kicking did let him down that is why I said he was okay.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #186 on: May 29, 2017, 06:55:33 PM »
Quote from: scythe

Our forward entries made me want to smash my head through a window. Nothing but the blind bombing I thought we had moved on from.

We should've destroyed them. We had no right to lose that game. None.

Was he even watching the game? Surely they can't complain about forward entries while watching what we produced.

Oh and we nearly doubled their inside fifties so yeah, I think they had a right to lose that game

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #187 on: May 29, 2017, 08:55:03 PM »
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Worsfold)

RICHMOND v ESSENDON

10 Dustin Martin (Rich)
7 Alex Rance (Rich)
6 Trent Cotchin (Rich)
4 Brandon Ellis (Rich)
2 David Zaharakis (Ess)
1 Brendon Goddard (Ess)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-29/aflca-votes-round-10

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #188 on: May 30, 2017, 11:47:06 AM »
3 Tigers in this round's AFL team of the week  :clapping.

FB: ALEX RANCE (Richmond): The star defender continued to showcase his ability to have profound impacts on games. After shutting down Cale Hooker, he then helped put a stop to Joe Daniher's early influence and was crucial in the Tigers' win.

HBF: BRANDON ELLIS (Richmond): The Tigers were desperate for some inspiration and Ellis helped provide it with a strong, courageous game off half-back. He gathered 30 disposals with 90 per cent efficiency and kicked a goal.

HFF: DUSTIN MARTIN (Richmond): Won the Yiooken Award for best on ground in Saturday night's Dreamtime at the 'G after 30 disposals, six clearances and seven tackles. Propelled the Tigers inside 50 five times and won four of his clearances in the centre.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-30/team-of-the-week-r10-did-we-get-it-right