Author Topic: Trent Cotchin on Footy Classified tonight  (Read 3407 times)

Jackstar 1960

Re: Trent Cotchin on Footy Classified tonight
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 06:28:56 PM »
Seriously
They put him in a situation where they referred to Lloyd article etc
Think that's pretty hard question.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 07:00:47 PM »
Fair questions but who cares about the answers now?

It's years since some of these events. He has matured a lot since then. He was thrust into the captaincy at a young age. I think only now is he truly ready to take the bull by the horns.

Just let him play.
Umm..... The two losing debacles were only a few weeks ago.  :rollin

Seriously have NFI why some people are still going on about his Misses commenting about him on social media. If that's your biggest concern about him as a captain, or even if it bothers you in general, then you have bigger things to worry about then what Cotchin and his Mrs is and isn't saying :lol :lol :lol
If it wasn't embarrassing for him that she said something, it says more about him as a leader than when she said something.

I still dont think he's a very good leader.
Rance should be captain.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 07:22:56 PM »

It's years since some of these events. He has matured a lot since then. He was thrust into the captaincy at a young age. I think only now is he truly ready to take the bull by the horns.

Just let him play.

Seriously have NFI why some people are still going on about his Misses commenting about him on social media. If that's your biggest concern about him as a captain, or even if it bothers you in general, then you have bigger things to worry about then what Cotchin and his Mrs is and isn't saying :lol :lol :lol
If it wasn't embarrassing for him that she said something, it says more about him as a leader than when she said something.

I still dont think he's a very good leader.
Rance should be captain.
Lift your eyes for a moment.
We've also won 4 games this year where we have come from behind.
His game has improved this year, his on field leadership is on the rise and the overall consistency of our football is on the up.
We are probably the most consistent team in the comp.
If this is the standard, we will continue to win more than we lose this year and beyond.
We still have a way to go as a team and a club but I've been pleasantly surprised at the improvements this year.
I'm waiting for the fall, if it happens then I'll defer back to you but atm you've gotta give the man some props.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2017, 07:29:00 PM »
And no coiffed hair.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2017, 07:31:54 PM »

Just let him play.

Ummm

How about this quote...

"Why were you so peesweek against norf in the EF? Why did u kick against the wind in the EF?  Why didn't you beat an easy beat cheating scum when you were 5 goals up in the EF?
How in the hell did you lose the Tommy Hafey tribute game?"

That's what I was referring to..... :rollin
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 08:35:03 PM »
Seriously
They put him in a situation where they referred to Lloyd article etc
Think that's pretty hard question.

Please Jack

They spoke about more Lloyd's article before Cotch came on

They then asked a couple of questions about it. Lloyd tried his hardest to back track from his own article by repeating a few times it wasn't a criticism of Cotchin's leadership

All Matty did was a massive flip flop

Anyway Cotch answered but they didn't press him on his answers which were non answers to be honest.... why would you offer anything more? So good on him that he didn't actually need to answer because their follow up questions were non existent

Example:
He was asked about the Freo & GWS games Cotchin said as "one of the leaders" he had "take ownership" of what went wrong. They (Lyon & Lloyd) should have followed up with a tough question like "how can you suggest that when the same thing happened 2 weeks in row". But they didn't they moved to Caro to allow her to ask if he'd contacted Jobe about the Brownlow

If you think that's hard hitting, fair enough

For mine it was meek on their part and great for Cotch
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2017, 09:51:20 PM »
Lloyd did try to question why we stuffed up two weeks in a row but got cut off....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.