Author Topic: Changes for Port game next week?  (Read 3971 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for Port game next week?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2017, 11:23:04 PM »
Chol has put on 11kg since being recruited. He is finding it hard to run with that extra weight. Another preseason to get his fitness up and let him grow into his body and I think you'll find he'll be much more competitive.... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2017, 11:27:43 PM »
11 kg's isn't going to cause a bloke of his height to come to a complete standstill in the first half....just looks like a bludger to me....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 11:34:42 PM »
11 kg's isn't going to cause a bloke of his height to come to a complete standstill in the first half....just looks like a bludger to me....
Don't know about the latter but if you try to run around with an extra 11 kg on it's pretty tough. I think he is still a ? on whether he'll make it. Has huge upside though so if he does make it, it will be big.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2017, 11:43:16 PM »
To put 11kgs on would suggest he's doing a lot of work in the gym on top of all the cardio he already does so I highly doubt he feels like he's just had 11kgs of weight attached to him. He's done the work, he's increased his strength and fitness so the 11kg should not affect him much, if at all

tony_montana

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 12:07:58 AM »
depends how quickly he's put it on, has it been a gradual thing or did it happen over 1 preseason?

Regardless I'm leaning towards he's a lazy prick and picks and chooses when he gives full effort and when he doesn't. At his worst I've seen him with hands on hips 2-3 metres off the contest WALKING and other times I've seen him do repeat sprints thinking wowee BT oraaaaazzzio excited.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 12:16:20 AM »
Have wanted Lloyd out for weeks but I thought he played his best game this year for us. Lots of possessions and team oriented ones at that. Stays in on that performance.

Think Titch needs to be dropped. A player of his seniority must do much more in games. Would bring in Stengle for him.
Must have been watching a different game to you regarding Lloyd. Lloyd is slow, SELFISH and has lost his goal sense. That attempt at taking a screamer in the 3rd I think was, was exactly what this club needs to weed out. He put himself in front of his teammates with that attempt.
I would drop him for that alone.
He gives away too many stupid free kicks and he is a momentum killer.

You are spot on with Edwards though.

Completely disagree on Lloyd. I'm with YBB in that I wanted him out but  I think when you watch the replay you will see that he won some important contests for us today. Worked hard up the ground and was solid. He deserves to play next week.
What did you think of that attempt at mark of the year when he gave away the free kick?
And he does it every week.
What about you YBB?
Giving away free kicks like that is poor. When he has done little else it makes it worse. Today though he was very good in general link up play. Credit where credits due. Saw the replay as well as seeing it live. He played a decent game. If you doubt don't drop him for his poor ones, how can you drop him after a decent one?
I don't think he was decent hence why I said I would drop him. I saw it live and just watched the first half again and that didn't change my mind.
He needs to stop trying to be the hero and start playing team footy. Dimma has shown faith in him over the last 4 or 5 weeks without much in return but he continues to play selfish "look at me footy".
He was good last year but this year he has been extremely poor imo. 

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2017, 12:20:45 AM »
Outs- Lloyd, Butler, Houli

Ins- Vlastuin, Stengle, Markov

OUTS: Houli, Butler

INS: Vlastuin, Mrakov

Lloyd survives for all the reasons mentioned by YBB, agree with the that he was OK today

At the risk of abuse from Big Tone ::), why Butler over any of the others? Also thought Vlas was average today WP, did you see the game?
I think Butler was poor today and last week.
I'd give him a spell in the twos and make him earn it again. 
All his credits from earlier in the season have been used up imo.
Nothing wrong with making them earn/want it more.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 06:56:04 AM by WilliamPowell »

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2017, 06:06:20 AM »
Up until 3 quarter time Butler was very quiet. Had a good fourth quarter but definitely at risk of being dropped. if Vlas fit enough bring him in. Houli looks as though he will be out for a fair while.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2017, 07:49:12 AM »
Have wanted Lloyd out for weeks but I thought he played his best game this year for us. Lots of possessions and team oriented ones at that. Stays in on that performance.

Think Titch needs to be dropped. A player of his seniority must do much more in games. Would bring in Stengle for him.

Worst game i have seen from Edwards - it was pathetic!

Ruanaidh

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2017, 08:29:55 AM »
I fell for the 'knee jerk' reaction a couple of weeks ago wanting Castagna dropped. We have to keep playing these kids if fit as they need time to work on their chemistry and roles. Butler I reckon has been told to slow down and be more deliberate with his disposal and that is causing him problems ATM. He'll work it out in time.

tony_montana

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2017, 12:42:33 PM »
I fell for the 'knee jerk' reaction a couple of weeks ago wanting Castagna dropped. We have to keep playing these kids if fit as they need time to work on their chemistry and roles. Butler I reckon has been told to slow down and be more deliberate with his disposal and that is causing him problems ATM. He'll work it out in time.

agree on both counts - Ive noticed with Butler the last few weeks, hes been caught flat footed, can almost see him over thinking it

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2017, 02:05:05 PM »
The Barometer - Round 15

Herald-Sun
26 June 2017

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK: Richmond’s small forward line has been struggling a little in recent weeks and may be in line for some tweaking. Rebounding defender Bachar Houli will come under scrutiny from the Match Review Panel after his high hit on Carlton’s Jed Lamb.

ON THE CUSP: Midfielder Anthony Miles — who was an emergency for the match with Carlton — continued a strong run of form in the VFL, best afield in the Tigers’ 84-point thumping of Northern Blues. Jacob Townsend and Taylor Hunt were also impressive while Nick Vlastuin made his return to the field from a shoulder injury.

CHRIS CAVANAGH’S FORECAST: A tough slog against Carlton but the Tigers finished strongly to collect the four points. The Tigers meet fourth-placed Port Adelaide on Saturday night. Houli looks set to receive weeks from the Match Review Panel, which would make for at least one change to a side that has gone in unchanged the past two games. Richmond’s last trip to Adelaide Oval in Round 6 was not pretty, a 76-point loss to Adelaide the result. Coach Damien Hardwick will be hoping his side can put in a better performance against the Power, who beat the Tigers in both matches between the sides last year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-injury-list-whos-hot-and-whos-hurt-after-round-14/news-story/44bedfb31fb75785114d2ca593506c61

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2017, 11:22:53 PM »

agree on both counts - Ive noticed with Butler the last few weeks, hes been caught flat footed, can almost see him over thinking it
Or could it be he is just out of form?

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2017, 11:43:37 PM »

Must have been watching a different game to you regarding Lloyd. Lloyd is slow, SELFISH and has lost his goal sense. That attempt at taking a screamer in the 3rd I think was, was exactly what this club needs to weed out. He put himself in front of his teammates with that attempt.
I would drop him for that alone.
He gives away too many stupid free kicks and he is a momentum killer.

You are spot on with Edwards though.

Completely disagree on Lloyd. I'm with YBB in that I wanted him out but  I think when you watch the replay you will see that he won some important contests for us today. Worked hard up the ground and was solid. He deserves to play next week.
What did you think of that attempt at mark of the year when he gave away the free kick?
And he does it every week.
What about you YBB?
Giving away free kicks like that is poor. When he has done little else it makes it worse. Today though he was very good in general link up play. Credit where credits due. Saw the replay as well as seeing it live. He played a decent game. If you doubt don't drop him for his poor ones, how can you drop him after a decent one?
I watched the second half tonight and he went better than I first thought.
Being at the games and watching them on TV is so different sometimes.
Can I ask if you were at the game?

The other player that looks different live imo is Caddy. Some weeks I think he is lazy and fumbles everything only to change my opinion on him when I watch the replay.
I'm not sure if it because you see more of their second efforts or lack of in some cases, when at the games but 100% some players look better when you can only see their first effort.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2017, 11:54:55 PM »
Id like to see Soldo and Garthwaite come into the team and would probably bring in one if not both of Markov and Vlastuin.
In fact id be happy with 6 changes if it was possible but it aint ever going to happen.

Imo we are running Nankervis into the ground he needs some help enter Soldo,.
From all reports Garthwaite could play as a fwd for us would also provide some flexability and allow for other options ie Astbury fwd if need be.

Markov or Vlastuin for the suspended Houli would prefer we play both down back and move Ellis out of there.
We seriously need to look at miles Stengle  Lennon as well.

Outs atm would be from
Houli, Edwards Rioli, Butler Lloyd.

How about a team like this

Vlastuin - Astbury - Grimes
Markov - Rance - Short

McIntosh - Martin - Grigg
Soldo - Cotchin - Prestia

Castagna - Riewoldt - Stengle
Nankervis - Garthwaite - Bolton

Menadue - Caddy - Lambert - ellis.