Author Topic: Did we miss Houli?  (Read 3092 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Did we miss Houli?
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2017, 08:19:09 PM »
I see Houli as a spillage crumbing back.

His run is often negated by his disposal turnover rate.

Hasn't had a bad seasn but the future isn't him
Pretty much sums it up for me.
I've liked his run and carry but his turnovers and panic merchant abilities negate those much like Bellis.
Though by having an opinion on Bachar its bigotry whilst Bellis fair game  :huh

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 07:21:28 AM by Eat_em_Alive »
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2017, 08:31:32 PM »
Missed Houli  :lol

We beat a side above us on the ladder, interstate, when we had something to play for.

Yer that happens all the time.  :shh

No doubt Houli is ok when he has the footy but as a defender he is absolutely putrid.

If we had any brains we would try and trade him out at the end of the year and hopefully play against him.

And for those people comparing Markov's game just because he was replaced Houli in the side, get a clue.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2017, 10:57:44 AM »
Why are many of the posters comparing Oleg to Houli?

Oleg did not play Houli's run and carry role, he played a close marking defenders . (something that Houli is incapable of doing)

At one stage Edwards had Houli's role and it switched as the game progressed.

Yep we have a kid who will actually defend a player and do it well. Given time he will develop the attacking side of his game and with the attributes he has he should be a very damaging player.
Personally give me well rounded players who can defend and attack when the opportunity arises.

I know its not a good idea to take stats in isolation but as far as rebound goes we had a season high against P/A.
Houlis primary role is to provide a bit of run and use the ball well coming out seems that was not missed at all.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 11:15:47 AM by the claw »

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2017, 10:36:02 PM »
Say again we miss bigtime his run and carry even through sometimes his kicking is down no one to replace him in his role 2 weeks in row.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2017, 10:41:42 PM »
Say again we miss bigtime his run and carry even through sometimes his kicking is down no one to replace him in his role 2 weeks in row.
What bulderdash if anything we lacked accountability more than anything and Houli is never going to bring that to the table.
When the in your face pressure is returned who fails more than most xoh thats right softie HOULI.When will it ever sink in glass half fulls are exactly that When are we ever going to aim for something more than 50%.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2017, 10:55:39 PM »
Gee we missed Houli this week, missed his run and carry and cool head and his magnificent luxurious beard
Lots of people name their swords......

dwaino

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2017, 10:58:58 PM »
Gee we missed Houli this week, missed his run and carry and cool head and his magnificent luxurious beard

Is that beard actually made of hair though or is it some kind of stick on Lego thing? I swear it never moves.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2017, 11:09:40 PM »
I believe it is the conditioner he uses, adds body and strength, will take a direct punch from Manny Pacquiao
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2017, 03:48:04 AM »
What bulderdash if anything we lacked accountability more than anything and Houli is never going to bring that to the table.
When the in your face pressure is returned who fails more than most xoh thats right softie HOULI.When will it ever sink in glass half fulls are exactly that When are we ever going to aim for something more than 50%.

Claw problem with you every player has to be star.Markov got a go last week what happen below par.You keep on saying give Chol a game Moore etc ,but you don't gift games it's got to be based on form.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2017, 09:00:42 AM »

Claw problem with you every player has to be star.Markov got a go last week what happen below par.You keep on saying give Chol a game Moore etc ,but you don't gift games it's got to be based on form.

lol were down by 80 points at halftime and your conclusion is were missing Houli for the kickouts....
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2017, 09:20:51 AM »

Well, if its based on form Riewoldt should be given the arse this week and Chol and Moore should come in. Come to think of it there should be about 18 changes this week.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2017, 01:22:17 PM »

lol were down by 80 points at halftime and your conclusion is were missing Houli for the kickouts....

I was referring to both games as a whole we have missed him and at the moment no one to replace him who Hunt ?.If you can't see we have missed his run and carry last 2 weeks in the backline your blind as a bat.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2017, 01:28:11 PM »

Well, if its based on form Riewoldt should be given the arse this week and Chol and Moore should come in. Come to think of it there should be about 18 changes this week.

While I agree there a senior players  that should be dropped keep it in reality Jack is far from it.His got enough runs on the board to suggest that is silly.It's easy to say bring Moore and Chol in but Moore is returning from injury and Chol showed nothing this season.