Author Topic: Richmond are a genuine flag contender in 2017: Lyon (SEN)  (Read 802 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond are a genuine flag contender in 2017: Lyon (SEN)
« on: July 20, 2017, 03:31:43 PM »
Lyon: Richmond are a genuine flag contender in 2017

Jack McAnespie
SEN
19 July 2017

Prominent footy caller Garry Lyon believes there are only six sides that are a genuine premiership chance in 2017.

And the biggest shock from the group Lyon identified is undoubtedly Richmond.

The Tigers haven’t claimed a flag since 1980, and have become infamous for failing in big finals in more recent times.

“Adelaide, Geelong, Great Western Sydney, Port Adelaide, Richmond and Sydney - they’re the ones that right now are absolute (contenders),” Lyon told SEN Breakfast.

“I (think Richmond can win the flag) by the virtue that they can finish top four. I think they are capable of beating one of those other top four sides, in which case puts them in the final four.”

And while Lyon thinks the Tigers can put the horror of poor performances in recent finals series behind them, co-host Tim Watson didn’t rate Damien Hardwick’s chances of sailing a steady Richmond ship through rough September waters.

“I have (Richmond) a great improving side, but I don’t have them as a genuine contender,” Watson said.

“I think Port Adelaide are still a genuine contender, (as well as) Sydney, Adelaide, Geelong and the Giants.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/lyon-richmond-are-a-genuine-flag-contender-in-2017-afl-australian-football-league-richmond-tigers-damien-hardwick-garry-lyon-sen-breakfast-radio/1xcr6vgtzrz0q142poy5rv8lnn

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Richmond are a genuine flag contender in 2017: Lyon (SEN)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 03:37:46 PM »
Win Sunday = YES
Lose = NO

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 03:51:04 PM »
Lyon is clearly taking the pee.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 04:17:00 PM »
Our Best is good enough ? is have do they the mental capacity to do it when it comes to the big boys?

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 04:20:57 PM »
Reverse psychology from Lyon who knows darn well whenever we get this positive press we fall to water.  Genius from the Melbourne supporter

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 09:15:13 PM »
Another rev up from an ex footballer commentator whose tired of making belittling comments about us
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.