Author Topic: Coburg line up --> exciting times ahead  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Coburg line up --> exciting times ahead
« on: February 19, 2006, 04:05:17 PM »
Just looking over this thread: http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=2624.0
I made in realation to what sides looks like being our best 22 this year in the eyes of Wallace it'll be intersting seeing the kids down at the 2's in the VFL this year.

After the final inter-club game I stated I thought the 22 in Round 1 might realisticly look a little something like:

Hartigan Gaspar Kellaway
J Bowden Schultz Newman
Deledio Coughlan Hyde
Pettifer Richardson P Bowden
Krakouer Stafford Brown
Simmonds Tuck Johnson
Rodan Tambling Hall Knobel

Now, assuming I am somewhat correct it'll be of greatest interst to see how the lads line up this year at the Burgers.

I would expect something along the lines of:

Jackson Thusfeild Roach
White McGuane JON
Raines Polo Caserly
Meyer Hughes   Howat
Graham Limbach    -   
Pattison  Foley     -

Of course that'd too a young, immature, inexperenced side and would have to be mixed with Coburg listed players but it does map out and give an intersting indication of how much of our kids might look in the 2's next year pushing for bigger things.

You'd expect the like of Humm to add hardness. Im not sure where Wallace see's Chaffey & Tivendale at this stage.

Bulluss

Re: Coburg line up --> exciting times ahead
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 06:17:41 PM »
I have a friend who is assisting with the coaching of the Coburg reserves.

Hopefully i will get some info from time to time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 11:24:08 PM »
Very young but agree CB there's at least a promising future. You left out Moore from your Coburg side CB.

Raines Thursfeild  Moore
White McGuane Oakley-Nicholls
Tivendale Humm Casserly
Meyer Hughes   Howat
Graham Limbach  Jackson   
Pattison  Foley Polo

Int: Roach, Chaffey, ...., ....

We still need back-up talls from Coburg's stocks. Doesn't help our kids to play in a midget Coburg side as was the case under Flood. King and possibly Hurst were the most impressive of the Coburg boys last Friday but they are both smalls. Thursfield and Patto will push up into the Richmond side during the year. Graham is still very raw and he hasn't played anywhere else but ruck over the summer. I wouldn't be surprised if he follows a similar path to Polo and Limbach of starting out in the Coburg reserves.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Sumatran TIger

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 08:28:20 PM »
Hey guys, not all of the Richmond players who miss out on a game with the Seniors will be playing in Coburg's first 18.

Some of the guys will be playing in the seconds.

And lets not forget the faithful guys from Coburg who are playing their best footy at VFL level and deserve to represent their club at their highest available level.

If you want to show a real Coburg first 18 then you need to list some Coburg players names.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 09:44:52 PM »
Those do look like exciting reserve lineups but isn't there going to be a cap this year of 12 AFL-listed players in a team?

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 10:13:37 PM »
Very young but agree CB there's at least a promising future. You left out Moore from your Coburg side CB.

Raines Thursfeild  Moore
White McGuane Oakley-Nicholls
Tivendale Humm Casserly
Meyer Hughes   Howat
Graham Limbach  Jackson   
Pattison  Foley Polo

Int: Roach, Chaffey, ...., ....

We still need back-up talls from Coburg's stocks. Doesn't help our kids to play in a midget Coburg side as was the case under Flood. King and possibly Hurst were the most impressive of the Coburg boys last Friday but they are both smalls. Thursfield and Patto will push up into the Richmond side during the year. Graham is still very raw and he hasn't played anywhere else but ruck over the summer. I wouldn't be surprised if he follows a similar path to Polo and Limbach of starting out in the Coburg reserves.

MT, is McGuane being groomed at CHF or something?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »
MT, is McGuane being groomed at CHF or something?

Nah McGuane has been played more as a 3rd defender/rebounder over pre-season.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 03:52:02 PM »
Hey guys, not all of the Richmond players who miss out on a game with the Seniors will be playing in Coburg's first 18.

Some of the guys will be playing in the seconds.

And lets not forget the faithful guys from Coburg who are playing their best footy at VFL level and deserve to represent their club at their highest available level.

If you want to show a real Coburg first 18 then you need to list some Coburg players names.

That's true ST. I don't know yet who are all the Coburg players this year. Just the ones who'd played on Friday. Of them Jake King was the best out of a back pocket. What the "all-Richmond" Coburg side shows is we at least have a young spine under development on our RFC list. Something we haven't had in ages and that showed up in the Coburg games when we had Hudson and Houlihan as our main forward targets :help. At least this year we have Hughes and a year older Limbach to help out Patto as talls in the Coburg forward line. Hughes played SANFL reserves in 2005 so the VFL shouldn't be a major step-up for him.