Author Topic: Freo Game thread - Round 22, 2017  (Read 11660 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Freo Game thread - Round 22, 2017
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2017, 03:09:55 PM »
As impressive as that performance was it will mean stuff all if we can't beat the aints next week in front of 75-80k and blow our top 4 chance finishing 6th.
Could go further into the finals finishing 6th as opposed to 4th  :shh

All jokes aside if we don't win by 6 goals we're not doing anything come finals time.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2017, 03:53:28 PM »
Have to say it was a very pleasant trip to Perth yesterday  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2017, 05:53:25 PM »
Have to say it was a very pleasant trip to Perth yesterday  ;D

The weather has been awful for weeks - nice to get some sunshine.
Unleash the tornado

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2017, 05:53:42 PM »
freo got out of the blocks and bought a high pressure brand to stsrt with. But that was where it stopped it really was like playing against witches hats after q time..

We have all seen what happens when sides play high pressure for 4 quarters against us we invariably lose. St Klda did that what 6 7 weeks ago be interesting to see how next week unfolds.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2017, 06:42:42 PM »
freo got out of the blocks and bought a high pressure brand to stsrt with. But that was where it stopped it really was like playing against witches hats after q time..

We have all seen what happens when sides play high pressure for 4 quarters against us we invariably lose. St Klda did that what 6 7 weeks ago be interesting to see how next week unfolds.

Something tells me our boys will be much better prepared this time mentally. They know what's at stake and what can happen if they're caught napping.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2017, 06:50:46 PM »

I would have thought most sides struggle to win if the opposition puts in 4 quarters of pressure.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2017, 06:52:58 PM »

I would have thought most sides struggle to win if the opposition puts in 4 quarters of pressure.....

Only if the opposition scores more than them

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2017, 07:12:25 PM »

And yet we were those witches hats against the Saints. It will be interesting to see how the SAINTS go when we dish up the type of pressure we not only produced against Freo for 3 qtrs but against the Hawks and GWS a few weeks ago Claw.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2017, 06:10:12 PM »
Have a listen to the podcast boys

https://thewest.com.au/sport/the-game-afl-podcast/the-wash-up-afl-podcast-a-message-to-the-fans-wanting-ross-lyon-sacked-ng-b88574869z

According to local experts  we are the fastest team to visit Subiaco - EVER !!!  :bow :cheers
Unleash the tornado

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2017, 06:17:18 PM »
Have a listen to the podcast boys

https://thewest.com.au/sport/the-game-afl-podcast/the-wash-up-afl-podcast-a-message-to-the-fans-wanting-ross-lyon-sacked-ng-b88574869z

According to local experts  we are the fastest team to visit Subiaco - EVER !!!  :bow :cheers

How has the pizza shop been since Matty?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2017, 07:46:02 PM »
Pizza shop doing well - pizza and footy is a great combination .Definitely not getting any lip from my regular customers who gave it to me after round 8.  They have been remarkably quiet for months.
Unleash the tornado

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2017, 07:55:38 PM »
Pizza shop doing well - pizza and footy is a great combination .Definitely not getting any lip from my regular customers who gave it to me after round 8.  They have been remarkably quiet for months.

:clapping
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018