Author Topic: Official round 22 team vs Dockers  (Read 6231 times)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Official round 22 team vs Dockers
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2017, 08:30:23 PM »
Like the changes this week. Nank plays his best footy one out and loves the responsibility of being the only ruck. Townsend deserves his spot but i only hope he plays mid and rests forward. He has played this role most of the season extremely well. Good luck to Graham...think he will have 20+. I like Markov and happy to see him back in. I would play Lennon and drop Butler.  :gotigers

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2017, 11:00:50 PM »
Did anyone else notice that when Graham was announced, the first player to get up and just go through the door without congratulating him was, Anthony Miles.

Watch the video.

Graham not the issue.

Miles should be playing as well as Lennon.

Markov better not play as a HF!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2017, 08:09:49 AM »
Carlton as poo as they are drafted Grigg at pick 19 but it only took them 4 years to work out he was a pootruck AFL average footballer that would long take you so far. Slow, poo kick, scared, soft footballer, but the RFC are still yet to work it out. WTF!
150 odd games in our jumper is a stuffing disgrace. FHO
And come finals time he will let us down again.

Finals are a tight, in close, contested battle and when you have players like Grigg, Houli and BEllis, you are playing 3 down before you start. Those 3 crumble under pressure as they have shown for a long time and there is nothing more sure they will do it again.

We could probably carry one of them in a finals campaign but there is no chance we can carry all three. Dimma will never drop any of them as he prefers to drop kids with upside that could actually make a difference short term and long term.
How Short is not in our side over these 3 is a disgrace.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2017, 08:18:33 AM »
Did anyone else notice that when Graham was announced, the first player to get up and just go through the door without congratulating him was, Anthony Miles.

Watch the video.

Graham not the issue.

Miles should be playing as well as Lennon.

Markov better not play as a HF!

Yep - straight out the door :thumbsdown

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2017, 11:46:11 AM »
Miles did clap along with the other players when the selection was first announced and did look over a Graham a few times in support.

I'd be gutted if I was him, but I don't think it was bad as people think.

Regardless though, I think Miles' papers have been stamped.

I  just don't understand why. there has to me more to this than meets the eye.

tony_montana

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2017, 02:12:30 PM »
Really like the ins - we've been playing 2 short for the past several weeks with CEllis and Soldo in - although Soldo has served his purpose in giving Nank a much needed rest from the ruck, should be fresh as a daisy now.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2017, 02:41:03 PM »
In: Townsend, Markov, Graham

Townsend and Markov will play 90+% forward while Graham will be chucked onto the wing and the flanks. You just know they won't play where they've been playing good footy in the twos...

There may also be a late change...

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2017, 09:52:57 AM »
lol we cant kick goals and not one fwd bought in.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2017, 10:30:56 AM »
Yeah Lennon and Miles will be gone at year's end.  A shame as they have something to offer.  Hope they stay on.
Why would they stay on?
Our centre and in ball balance is better with Miles in IMO.

Lennon, poor bastard, it took the tumblers a long time to click in for Ben, but now IT seems no matter what he does he is fingered. A real pity as he is a good kick, better than most on our list, and would go well in our forward mix.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2017, 11:32:08 AM »
Halfstep prefers the likes of Grigg sending hack kicks, bombs  & helicopters into the forward 50 over Lennon's pinpoint delivery.....makes us more unpredictable....plus behinds keep the opposition locked in and his accurate kicking for goal would only send the ball all the way back to the centre square..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2017, 12:41:56 PM »
I like the inclusion of Graham. Both Markov and Townsend deserve a game in particular Townsend he has played well all year in VFL side. Lennon should have been given a game. His form deserves it. He is a good kick and is clever. I agree with other posters here who have stated that his papers appeared to have been stamped. The side is a better side when Miles is playing. I hope that Miles stays but I doubt it with the way he is being treated by Hardwick.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2017, 01:20:16 PM »
Miles did clap along with the other players when the selection was first announced and did look over a Graham a few times in support.

I'd be gutted if I was him, but I don't think it was bad as people think.

Regardless though, I think Miles' papers have been stamped.

I  just don't understand why. there has to me more to this than meets the eye.

The wise word is it's a personal vendetta

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2017, 03:08:29 PM »
I hope Markov plays back today and they move Houli up the ground to maybe a wing or even half forward. I could almost live with that.

And I hope they give Graham a fair crack in the middle.

I want to see us play like earlier in the year when we moved the footy really quickly and kicked the ball long. We have been to handball happy of late.

We need a bit of a freshen up and imo by making a few positional changes that can help. A really good win today and kicking a decent score will build up our confidence for the games to come.

Manic pressure all over the ground wins you games and we showed that earlier this year, we just need to get back to it.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2017, 04:52:04 PM »
Townsend and Markov will play 90+% forward while Graham will be chucked onto the wing and the flanks. You just know they won't play where they've been playing good footy in the twos...

3 for 3 at the start :shh