Author Topic: Treloar  (Read 30763 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Treloar
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2020, 06:42:28 PM »
I think we can Pin this up on the "Classic Blunders" cork board at this stage.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2020, 01:53:19 PM »
Apparently Collingwood players have told Treloar to GAGF
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2020, 02:06:45 PM »

Collingwood midfielder Adam Treloar was told last week that senior players don’t want him at the football club anymore, according to SEN Chief Sports Reporter Sam Edmund.

“What we can say as absolute fact is Nathan Buckley had a phone conversation with Adam Treloar last week where he told him that Collingwood’s more senior players didn’t want him around the club anymore.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/11/01/adam-treloar-told-hes-no-longer-wanted-by-senior-teammates/

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2020, 02:19:34 PM »

Collingwood midfielder Adam Treloar was told last week that senior players don’t want him at the football club anymore, according to SEN Chief Sports Reporter Sam Edmund.

“What we can say as absolute fact is Nathan Buckley had a phone conversation with Adam Treloar last week where he told him that Collingwood’s more senior players didn’t want him around the club anymore.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/11/01/adam-treloar-told-hes-no-longer-wanted-by-senior-teammates/

More poor work from the pies.

Load his contract, never pay the heavy back end, then try to trade him out whilst also trashing him as a bloke along the way.

Should be investigated by the integrity unit.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2020, 04:17:09 PM »
When did the Pies extend his contract to 2025?
When he was drafted?
Cause a lot has gone for a bloke who has 5 years to go on his contract.

You would’ve thought that there would have been some warning signs before now
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2020, 06:22:14 PM »
He can’t stay but no one will take for more than 500 grand, lol Collingwood were so keen on winning this bloke, 2 first round picks I believe

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2020, 07:11:19 PM »
He can’t stay but no one will take for more than 500 grand, lol Collingwood were so keen on winning this bloke, 2 first round picks I believe

Not to mention what they have up for Beams
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2020, 04:04:13 AM »
Collingwood appear to have a salary cap problem. Victorian clubs are now circling for Treloar, aware $600,000 of his $900,000 and a second round pick might be the best Collingwood do. It’s a mess.

https://twitter.com/TomBrowne7

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2020, 09:31:16 AM »
Surely there's no way we even consider AT after his last back flip an FU to the Tigers. 
Na.  Had his Chance.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2020, 09:52:30 AM »
No ego at our club. If he comes cheap and helps win our next Premiership then bring him on.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2020, 11:15:16 AM »
Hang on.

Is he gettable for pick 32 and we would only have to pay him $600,000?

No thanks :D

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2020, 11:38:35 AM »
I’d have him for the right price - if he’s prepared to use his running both ways and settle for 8-10 less possessions as a result of a defensive focus, he would be a huge acquisition. As good as our midfield was in the finals this year, we have a few over 30 next year.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2020, 12:28:25 PM »
Dimma like hard contact players, he's good but is he a Dimma style player? I would worry more about that factor than the cost of picks or money.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2020, 04:00:42 PM »
After watching the last dance and how the team took in Rodman despite previous tension, I was absolutely in awe how the bulls took him in with open arms knowing he would help them with championships.

If treloar can leave his ego, play hard for the team and obvious take a pay cut I would seriously entertain the idea.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2020, 04:30:41 PM »
Massive no for me, too many issues, we have a group of midfielders coming through and I would prefer them before Treloar...