Author Topic: Buts & Lambo re-sign  (Read 1012 times)

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's

tony_montana

Re: Buts & Lambo re-sign
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 06:42:57 PM »
good on them, well deserved

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 06:53:07 PM »
Richmond resign Kane Lambert and Dan Butler after playing key roles in Tigers rise

Chris Cavanagh
Herald Sun
23 August 2017

TWO of the key pillars in Richmond’s rebuild this season have been rewarded with new two-year contract extensions.

Midfielder Kane Lambert and small forward Dan Butler have put pen to paper on new deals this week, tying them to the club until at least the end of 2019.

Lambert has been a midfield revelation this season, averaging more than 23 disposals from 20 games, while Butler – who made his AFL debut in Round 1 – is averaging almost five score involvements and has kicked 24 goals from 19 games.

Lambert, who was overlooked at four drafts before being picked up as a rookie in 2014, said he could not be happier at the Tigers as the club storms towards finals football.

“It’s a very exciting time to be part of Richmond,” the 25-year-old said.

“It’s good to put it (the contract) behind us and know my future is set at Richmond and we’re all set for a finals series.

“If you turned the clock back three years when I was playing VFL at Williamstown and said, ‘In three years’ time you’ll be playing at Richmond going into a finals series’, I wouldn’t have believed you.

“It’s all happened pretty quickly but I’m extremely excited and happy to be here.”

Butler was handed a football lifeline at the end of last season with a one-year contract extension after a less than impressive first two years at the club.

But the 21-year-old has repaid the faith with an impressive season which has seen him nominated for the NAB Rising Star award.

“I kind of didn’t have too many expectations on myself coming into this year but it was great to have a good pre-season and try and find my spot in the team and it’s been pretty exciting I’ve played most games,” Butler said.

“I think from week to week I’ve been pretty consistent and have just tried to play my role of putting pressure on and helping my teammates down the field. I’ve been lucky enough to kick a few goals but that’s just a bonus.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-resign-kane-lambert-and-dan-butler-after-playing-key-roles-in-tigers-rise/news-story/bf8886760c0b7c1592838ecbf2f26e8c

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 07:37:27 PM »
 :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 08:38:52 PM »
Surprised Butler got 2 years.

Not because I don't think he is worth it. Just seems like we have a lot of small forward pressure type players. Figuring at some point one has to go.

Thought we might have kept our options open and waited until next season.

Obviously highly rated by the club, which is great news.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 11:07:45 PM »
Rock on  :clapping
Unleash the tornado

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 12:34:22 AM »
Surprised Butler got 2 years.

Not because I don't think he is worth it. Just seems like we have a lot of small forward pressure type players. Figuring at some point one has to go.

Thought we might have kept our options open and waited until next season.

Obviously highly rated by the club, which is great news.

He only had a one year contract that ends this year 2017, had to sign him now. 2 years is good.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 06:35:50 AM »
Really good news. Both well deserved.