Author Topic: Tickets to Cats Game  (Read 3566 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tickets to Cats Game
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 10:59:10 PM »
Secondly, how would it work if Tigers were to play say the Hawks at the MCH? Both clubs would have reserved seat holders (members) with seats in N5 for example; who gets first dibs on those seats?

Wouldn't work IMHO

The home team, simple

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 03:54:24 AM »
PUBLIC tickets for next Friday's blockbuster qualifying final between Geelong and Richmond at the MCG have sold out, with a bumper crowd expected for the first final between the clubs since 1995.

The AFL announced further limited public tickets could become available at 2pm next Tuesday, September 5 as a result of unused club, AFL or function seats. The AFL reserve will go on sale on Wednesday morning.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-29/public-tickets-sold-out-for-cats-v-tigers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 07:00:16 AM »
Secondly, how would it work if Tigers were to play say the Hawks at the MCH? Both clubs would have reserved seat holders (members) with seats in N5 for example; who gets first dibs on those seats?

Wouldn't work IMHO

The home team, simple

Really?

So if Richmond weren't the "home" team people would be OK with not having first "dibs" on their normal home game seats for a final?

Going by a number on here who sook when they can't sit at the Punt Road End during the H&A season when we are the away team your suggestion would go down like a lead balloon  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 07:27:02 PM »

Wouldn't work IMHO

The home team, simple

Really?

So if Richmond weren't the "home" team people would be OK with not having first "dibs" on their normal home game seats for a final?

Going by a number on here who sook when they can't sit at the Punt Road End during the H&A season when we are the away team your suggestion would go down like a lead balloon  ;D

I get your point but I think you summed it up early. They are a bunch of sooks

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 09:16:48 PM »
Is the game completely sold out?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Fans struggle to secure tickets to Richmond and Geelong match (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 09:26:26 PM »
AFL finals tickets: Fans struggle to secure tickets to Richmond and Geelong match

Christine McGinn,
Herald Sun
31 August 2017

THE blockbuster final between Richmond and Geelong at the MCG next week is officially a sellout.

The AFL has confirmed all tickets to the highly anticipated qualifying final next Friday night have been sold.

“The general admission and AFL members tickets have been exhausted,’’ AFL spokesman Jay Allen said.

“A great sign from two passionate fans bases, nine days out from the match.’’

Even MCC members will struggle to get a seat with all 9000 reserved seats sold on Monday and about 13,000 walk-up passes to be handed to the first people in queue when gates open to the reserve.

Mr Allen said the only other hope fans without a ticket had of scoring a seat was if Richmond or Geelong handed any unused tickets back to the AFL

“On Tuesday at 2pm all tickets that haven’t been utilised by the competing club allocations are released back to the general public,’’ he said.

“This will be communicated closer to the date.’’

AFL members feverishly clicked on the Ticketek website today to secure tickets to the four finals games with tickets to the Richmond and Geelong match selling out within hours.

Ticketek apologised to AFL members this morning via Twitter and Facebook after fans complained they could not get tickets.

“Apologies to AFL members for the slowness in the system earlier. Transactions are running through, we thank you for your patience,” the company Tweeted.

Ticketek Managing Director Cameron Hoy said last night that the experience of buying finals tickets “for the overwhelming majority of fans has been excellent”.

@Ticketek_AU WTF. I pay lots of money to have afl membership so that if team makes finals can go to game. Ticketek killed the dream.
    — Chris Saunders (@CDSPIES) August 29, 2017

But footy members remain furious at Ticketek for the long queues, being booted out of the ticket line and for not staggering out tickets to the four finals games.

Fans have been trying every trick in the book to get tickets.

Richmond Football Club members even switched their stripes just to secure seats to the clash after their seating was exhausted.

The club told fans yesterday via Twitter to enter Cats not Tigers after a fan was gutted tickets were sold out: “Try entering ‘CATS’ instead of ‘TIGERS’.”

Try entering 'CATS' instead of 'TIGERS'
    — Richmond FC (@Richmond_FC) August 29, 2017

The fury was swift as tweeters criticised the club for taking up another team’s allocation.

Try entering 'CATS' instead of 'TIGERS'

So you are condoning your supporters taking up another teams allocation are you?
    — Brad Wiedmann (@_BWeed_) August 29, 2017

And Richmond Football Club kept the tips coming via Twitter: “Ticketing tip — if the @Ticketek_AU website is saying “Allocation Exhausted”, try another category or another bay. Keep searching”.

Ticketing tip - if the @Ticketek_AU website is saying "Allocation Exhausted", try another category or another bay. Keep searching 🔍🤞

But gets worse for Tigers members who have struggled, or been unable to buy tickets via Ticketek this morning to the September 8 match — despite sales opening at 9am.

A Richmond fan told the Herald Sun “no one could get tickets for half an hour”.

“Then they must have reset the server or something because the event became ‘temporarily unavailable’ then a few minutes later it was working and tickets were finally being offered,” she said.

“I logged on at 8.58am and did not get one ticket offer until 9.30am.”

Tigers fans are desperate for tickets as the team last made a finals appearance in 2015, last won a final back in 2001 and last won a Premiership in 1980.

AFL members’ guest passes have been limited to two on level four in the AFL Reserve area, AFL Membership tweeted this morning.

Public tickets sold out for the Cats versus Tigers clash on Tuesday, but 12,900 tickets were still in play for the Port Adelaide-West Coast final on September 9.

The Melbourne Cricket Ground tweeted last night that public tickets to the September 8 game are sold out with any unused club, AFL or function seats to go on sale via Ticketek on September 5.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/afl-fans-are-switching-teams-even-paying-through-the-nose-to-get-seats-to-the-finals-series/news-story/9851ac976f11c294bd21099940ec0173

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2017, 10:10:01 PM »
Yeah Chris Scott, let's play the FKG game at that tin pot stadium in Geelong so your toothless members can blow their social welfare cheque on the game.
Great idea knobend
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2017, 06:13:10 AM »
As an MCC member, I have sent them an email letting them know my disappointment in them selling Visitor Tickets to this game.
There is games during the year that do not have Viator allocations.
I have told/suggested in future any Finaks involving Richmond and another Vicforion team should be members only!
Obviously they can use a bit of commonsense and minnow teams like Norf Bulldogs saints get excluded (maybe)
Anyway got my tickets so doesn't really matter, just think it's wrong!

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2017, 07:40:37 AM »
Is the game completely sold out?

Yes. 88000 tickets have been sold.

Only 13000 for mcc walk ups remain for the first 13,000 of their gazillion members. If all 13,000 are exhausted it will be a capacity  crowd of around 101,000. But given people get sick and scalping ticket issues more likely to be high 90,000's

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2017, 02:27:46 PM »
Gents I'm trying to organise a last minute ticket for someone on the darls side of the fam. Young fella, 15 or so. What might be the best way to go about? Just have to suck it up and go through tickettek resale? Would it be worth emailing the club and plying the "I've been paid up for 20 years - anything you can do?" line?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2017, 03:25:28 PM »
Gents I'm trying to organise a last minute ticket for someone on the darls side of the fam. Young fella, 15 or so. What might be the best way to go about? Just have to suck it up and go through tickettek resale? Would it be worth emailing the club and plying the "I've been paid up for 20 years - anything you can do?" line?

You can email the club but they won't be able to help you

They have already completed their allocation requests for sponsors and coterie members. They don't have any spares

You have 2 options;

1/ as you've mentioned try via the legal scalping sites
or
2/ wait until early next week to see if any other allocations from other clubs are returned for resale
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2017, 04:44:15 PM »

You can email the club but they won't be able to help you

They have already completed their allocation requests for sponsors and coterie members. They don't have any spares

You have 2 options;

1/ as you've mentioned try via the legal scalping sites
or
2/ wait until early next week to see if any other allocations from other clubs are returned for resale
Cheers WP. Will pass it on.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2017, 09:59:28 PM »
Got tickets where we normally have reserved seats, got on at 11am bang all done in 5 minutes.

11am? isn't that when it finished?

Nope 1pm was cut off for members,  had a morning meeting that I couldn't move.

Jumped on couldn't believe my luck.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2017, 01:00:06 PM »

As a plan B, I'm sure those with multiple tickets on this site would be happy to offer you one at purchase cost if a family member or friend can't make it/falls sick.

If collectively we all have 200-250 tickets there's a chance someone might pull out.

It's a long shot but stranger things have happened. Might even be worth starting a new thread so it gets everyone's attention.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2017, 01:02:13 PM »
Estimated attendance

90-95,000

Public Tickets

The public ticket allocation has been exhausted.  Any unused club, AFL or function seats will be sold via Ticketek on September 5 at 2.00pm.

Only tickets purchased from our official ticketing partner, Ticketek, are valid. Tickets purchased through other sources may not be valid and you risk not being admitted into the event.

http://www.mcg.org.au/whats-on/events-calendar/2017/september/afl-qualifying-final-geelong-cats-v-richmond