Author Topic: Jack Higgins comes 4th in Rising Star Award  (Read 1344 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jack Higgins comes 4th in Rising Star Award
« on: September 01, 2018, 05:29:46 AM »
Final votes

52 Jaidyn Stephenson (Coll)
42 Tom Doedee (Adel)
32 Alex Witherden (Bris)
11 Jack Higgins (Rich)
10 Jack Henry (Geel), Ollie Florent (Syd)
4 Cameron Rayner (Bris)
2 Ben Ronke (Syd)
1 Aaron Francis (Ess), Ed Richards (WB)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-31/pie-rises-high-stephenson-the-nab-afl-rising-star

:clapping

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Jack Higgins comes 4th in Rising Star Award
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 08:21:09 AM »
well done Jack
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 04:24:05 PM »
Yep, well done young fella.

Reckon Stephenson was a bit lucky myself. Played well enough to be right up there, but for mine both Doedee and Witherden are going to be better long term players.

Also reckon that Rayner was significantly better, and will be better, than both Henry and Florent.

Lebowski

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 06:11:33 PM »
5 goals against the top 8 and 4 of them came in one game vs the godees... hmm  Look a quality young player but has been massively overhyped - dodoe or whatever his name is had the better season for mine

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 10:06:26 PM »

Reckon Stephenson was a bit lucky myself. Played well enough to be right up there, but for mine both Doedee and Witherden are going to be better long term players.

Also reckon that Rayner was significantly better, and will be better, than both Henry and Florent.
The award is for the best young player of the year, not who is going to be the best player in the future.
The kid deserves the award.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 10:08:56 PM »

The award is for the best young player of the year, not who is going to be the best player in the future.

On that criteria, I'd definitely go with Doedee then.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 10:16:04 PM »

I’m assuming you have watched every Crows and Collingwood game for the year then to make your assumption?... and Brisbane games too going off your first post??

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2018, 11:59:36 PM »

I’m assuming you have watched every Crows and Collingwood game for the year then to make your assumption?... and Brisbane games too going off your first post??

:sleep