Author Topic: Gaspar, Chaffey, Duncan and Blumfield  (Read 3741 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Gaspar, Chaffey, Duncan and Blumfield
« on: June 13, 2004, 07:46:12 PM »
Your time is up - Goodbye.

The game is called FOOTball! If you can't kick or miss targets more often that not then you don't belong in AFL.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mellowyellow

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Gaspar, Chaffey, Duncan and Blumfield
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 07:51:12 PM »
It pains me. But add campbell to the list mt .

Ox

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 07:53:32 PM »
Also chipendale.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 07:53:46 PM »
Campbell fully fit has skill. Unfortunately I agree MY. He should retire at the end of the year. He is a sad shadow of his former self. He can't run anymore.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 07:56:29 PM »
We need to look at these senior players and see if we can get younger players of similar quality (obviously not in dunc's case) at year end. Sort of like the kangas did with shannon grant/wayne schwass (although schwass was not underperforming at the time). If things continue in the same way, then this might be the last season that Gaspar, Chaffey and Blummers are decent trade bait.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 07:58:08 PM »
Like I've said at Bigfooty, Campbell is still amongst our best five players.  I agree he should retire but not because he isn't good enough to get a guernsey in our team, but purely because he is schit compared to what he was. He is embarassing himself out there.

Ox

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004, 08:06:49 PM »
After some thought and persuasive arguing on JohnFs behalf
I now feel that Campbo could offer another season in 05 provided
he gives up the captaincy.
Reason - There r others who we should off load first

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2004, 08:19:10 PM »
Also chipendale.

Where's Tivendale's career at, at the moment? He's had a pretty consistent year and a half recently but it seems as if his bubble has burst and he is showing some signs of reverting back to the tivendale of old.

Offline wrennyboy

• Future Richmond star
  • Captain Coughlan
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2004, 09:02:14 PM »
Give blumfield a rating after the season is finished please. There is a big differnce between playing for coburg and AFL. Give him a couple of weeks. I thought he did a nice thing but what shattered his performace was players were using him as a CHF and as he is generally a good mark the kicks were perfect to spoil so that made him look bad. I dunno about trading blumfield and tivendale when we are on fire these guys are totally good so thats the risk we gotta take. And both are young.
wrenny

Jackstar

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2004, 09:38:22 PM »
This is where we are at when Duncan Kellaway can get a game. His kicking today was liken to the little league at half time, pathetic. Its very very sad actually.
People in the stand were laughing when he got a kick

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2004, 09:41:19 PM »
What irks you about these guys is that they are automatic selections. They don't need to play well either for Richmond or Coburg to get selected. The only question is "Are you not injured?". They say yes and they're in. On the other hand other and younger blokes show good consistent form at Coburg and get ignored.

Granted it was Blumfield and Duncan's first game back after long spells out but they didn't actually show anything at Coburg before being promoted. I could understand them struggling to run out the game but it was their woeful foot skills that just made me cringe. In Duncan's case we have always known he can't kick yet he still gets a game in year 2004  ::)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2004, 10:58:36 PM »
I think the playing of Chaffey in the forward pocket summed up how his season has been. It was like they were trying to "hide" him and to have him somewhere where the turnovers wouldn't hurt us - that isn't the way to win games.

Sorry - Wrenny but after todays game the questions about Blumfield are justified. Twice in the final quarter on the wing his 1) inablilty to take a one on one mark cost and 2) his lack of attack on the ball were costly.

Duncan ran hard and made many a contest but when you are clear and cannot kick further than 30 metres and it doesn't reach the leading forward and then it results in a turnover - well what more can you say.

As for Gaspar - his lack of leg speed again resulted in him being beaten in too many contests.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Bulluss

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2004, 11:04:00 PM »
Blumfields attack on the ball was non-existant, he is a disgrace and how players such as himself and kellaway get a game before the likes of Tuck, Morrison and Zantuck ill go he.

We need to start playing people like Tuck and Morrison and see if they do have something to offer us for next season, otherwise get rid of them also. We know what the other hacks can do and it wont make any difference to the result. It will however make supporters happier that they are atleast trying something different.

Ox

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2004, 11:30:18 PM »

People in the stand were laughing when he got a kick

I'm laughing now.

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2004, 08:38:59 PM »
Yup.Good call Bulluss.
I totally agree.
For God's sake when will they wake up at Punt Road.