Author Topic: Vote:- Best tigers final win in the last 30 years?  (Read 1830 times)

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Vote:- Best tigers final win in the last 30 years?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 04:07:51 PM »
This alone made it the greatest win, I might rename my avatar, Tear Taster  :cheers

I might be mistaken but I don't think this bloke is the full quid. Does anyone know for sure if he's got all of his faculties?
:snidegrin Ok, thought it was a female when I first saw it  :lol
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Dougeytherichmondfan

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 04:30:41 PM »
I did have great memories of the '95 match, and a tough battle at that. But last night was just amazing especially the significance of the the amount of time between drinks of a finals win and beating peelong (stuff I hate peelong and I'm so ecstatic to beat them). Not only did peelong have the last 13 wins against us with the win in 2006, they had 7 in row before that. So up until last night the Tigers had only 1 win since winning against them in 2000.
The biggest difference from the '95 match to 2017 was the one moment that turned that game around. Scotty Turner smashed Gary O'Donnell. One person turned that game on it's ear and helped give us the win.
The game last night was won by every single player, and as we all know the pressure laid out by the Tigers was something extraordinary. The best part of the match was seeing the pure raw talent and brute force of Dusty which made the night better than I have ever seen.
For me, the 2017 was the best.
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 04:39:40 PM »
I did have great memories of the '95 match, and a tough battle at that. But last night was just amazing especially the significance of the the amount of time between drinks of a finals win and beating peelong (stuff I hate peelong and I'm so ecstatic to beat them). Not only did peelong have the last 13 wins against us with the win in 2006, they had 7 in row before that. So up until last night the Tigers had only 1 win since winning against them in 2000.
The biggest difference from the '95 match to 2017 was the one moment that turned that game around. Scotty Turner smashed Gary O'Donnell. One person turned that game on it's ear and helped give us the win.
The game last night was won by every single player, and as we all know the pressure laid out by the Tigers was something extraordinary. The best part of the match was seeing the pure raw talent and brute force of Dusty which made the night better than I have ever seen.
For me, the 2017 was the best.

Well said.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 05:05:20 PM »
The reason for me is that the past has flowed under the bridge and I want to look forward.  Team effort is right ¾ T!geɹ.  They gel, even when it changes up a bit, they still work well together.  The coaching at all levels must be working a treat.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2017, 09:06:46 PM »
95 was great, like really great
But last night was the best, the planets are aligning and there is no more bogey left its all up to us now....Destiny awaits.
Who says big boys don't cry?
🐯🏆
Shhhh

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2017, 10:19:15 PM »
95 and 01 i enjoyed more cause it was essendon and cheats, but last night was a complete performance on field.

I was more relieved at the final siren that the monkey was off the back, and we can now progress forward.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.