Author Topic: Tigers to Wear Clash Strip in GF [merged]  (Read 12744 times)

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tigers to Wear Clash Strip in GF [merged]
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2017, 06:00:29 PM »
I have a mate who reckons that the clash could easily be resolved by replacing our yellow sash with a red one.

No prizes for guessing which team he follows :lol

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2017, 06:15:00 PM »
stuffing horrified :banghead
There is no clash really, but come the end of the day, I don't think too many people including me are going to give a poo about the jumper colour if we win.
After it's said and done, why bitch about, ya can't change it, so embrace what we need to, and that's the win if we get there   :gotigers
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2017, 06:58:16 PM »
Fine
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2017, 06:59:44 PM »
What clash?

Beat me to it, I picked a copy with my tickets today and first thing I did was laugh. There is no clash.
It is all for TV and how their "product" looks and the research they have put into how to get the maximum from their product.

Everything about our season says a big stuff you to the corporation and the haters, it makes me want to win even more just so they can jam it all up their arses.

not everything about our season. unfortunately
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2017, 07:06:09 PM »
edit: actually Dooks, we were cast aside.
Cast aside, took all our Friday night games away, sent us back to Play in Geelong, stuff them
Not to mention the poo weve copped from oppo supporters all year they can stick it as well
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 07:42:04 AM by Eat_em_Alive »
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2017, 10:41:52 PM »
ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL AFL!

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2017, 07:59:49 AM »
F U Gilligan and you"re stuffen pantsman cronies

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2017, 08:49:35 AM »
I guess as supporters what we can hope for this weekend is that we make history by winning our first premiership in the clash guernsey.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2017, 02:28:52 AM »
Yellow is far from golden for 2017 Tigers

afl.com.au
28 September 2017

GIVEN that Richmond's famous theme song speaks – indeed, shouts – about 'yellow and black', why all the angst about the Tigers being directed to play in their predominately yellow 'clash' strip in the Grand Final?

Well, perhaps superstitious Tiger fans, praying for the end of 37 years of premiership torment, have had a wary eye towards the team's defensive performances in the alternative guernsey in 2017.

While the Tigers have won two of four games in the jumper, they have conceded an average of nearly five more goals against them compared to their matches in the club's other guernseys, including the Dreamtime at the 'G special edition.

After Richmond's stirring preliminary final victory on Saturday, the AFL announced that the side would be made to wear its predominantly yellow clash guernsey.

The decision was met with outrage from many fans, including 403-game club great Kevin Bartlett, who expressed his anger on Twitter.

"Richmond should and must tell the AFL to get stuffed and it will not wear its clash jumper against Adelaide. The club must not roll over," he tweeted.

Most of the outrage was directed at the AFL's reluctance to embrace tradition in the side's first Grand Final since 1982, but the team's performances in the alternative jumper have not been particularly convincing either.

The team's two biggest losses this year occurred in the yellow jumper they will sport in Saturday's Grand Final, one of them the round six thrashing at the hands of Saturday’s rival Adelaide.

The Crows thumped Richmond by 76 points on that occasion, while the Tigers' next biggest loss was to St Kilda by 67 points in round 16.

This year Richmond has averaged nearly identical points for, but conceded 27 more points against, when forced to play in the yellow with black sash.

And it must be noted that the team was able to perform well in the strip on two occasions, first in its win over Port Adelaide in round 15 before destroying Fremantle by 104 points in round 22.

Tigers coach Damien Hardwick is not concerned about the jumper change, highlighting after his side's win last week that his players would not be deterred by the alteration.

"We would play in a hessian bag to be perfectly honest," Hardwick said.

Tigers in their clash strip in 2017

R6: Adelaide v Richmond at the Adelaide Oval, Adelaide 21.14 (140) d Richmond 10.4 (64)

R15: Port Adelaide v Richmond at the Adelaide Oval, Richmond 11.10 (76) d Port Adelaide 8.15 (63)

R16: St Kilda v Richmond at Etihad Stadium, St Kilda 21.12 (138) d Richmond 10.11 (71)

R22: Fremantle v Richmond at Domain Stadium, Richmond 25.5 (155) d Fremantle 7.9 (51)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-27/yellow-is-far-from-golden-for-tigers

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2017, 09:54:28 AM »
Why are we bagging the AFL re our clash jumper?

Our Hierarchy chose this jumper and submitted it to the AFL.

We could have submitted a far more Richmond design but we are stuck with this poor excuse for a clash jumper.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2017, 10:47:50 AM »
Why are we bagging the AFL re our clash jumper?

Our Hierarchy chose this jumper and submitted it to the AFL.

We could have submitted a far more Richmond design but we are stuck with this poor excuse for a clash jumper.

True, but the clash jumper also had to meet certain requirements (i.e. not be predominantly black) so that severely limited our choices. Personally I don't even mind it as a clash jumper

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2017, 11:28:33 AM »
My problem is that I can't see an actual clash!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2017, 01:19:49 PM »
Richmond football manager Neil Balme confirms the Tigers will wear its clash strip in the presentation if it wins the Grand Final. No traditional jumpers at the ready.

Source: Herald-Sun website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2017, 01:32:21 PM »
After winning the flag in it, our supporter base is definitely now in love with our clash jumper.

Ironically, the canary-yellow clash strip Richmond donned in the Grand Final against Adelaide, amid heavy criticism from the likes of club legend Kevin Bartlett, has sold out and more will be available in November.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-25/tigers-rake-in-the-cash-from-fairytale-flag

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2017, 06:36:43 PM »
Club has missed out on $200K because of a jumper stuff up.

Players were meant to change jumpers at half time but only 2 did - Jack and Jacob. The one jumper was supposed to be auctioned and the other kept by the player. Without the change the players keep their jumper and the club cannot auction off the other.

What a waste....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.