Author Topic: Round 1, 2018 - Richmond vs Carlton @ the M.C.G. / The night we unfurl our flag  (Read 12338 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Can we purchase multiple tickets on Monday or is it only 1 ticket per membership?
No answer? Does anyone know?

Only let me do one upgrade per membership. Wouldn't even let me upgrade a kids membership into an adult ticket or purchase a full price adult ticket with that membership
Thanks.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Following strong pre-sale demand, we’re encouraging all GA members to upgrade to a Reserved Seat for Round 1 v Carlton before tomorrow’s [now today's] public on-sale.

Members will require the 12-digit barcode number from the back of your membership card to upgrade via http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=RICHM0118

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/970960173681410049

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Kreuzer in doubt for round 1 with an ankle injury according to the Herald-Sun although Carlton is saying he'll be right.

The 'G will be full with us coming off a flag and two thumping preseason wins and the Blues coming off two preseason wins themselves (thanks to the Hawks woeful goalkicking last night).

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
What is everyone's guess for our round 1 team?

Who replaces Broad and Rioli?

Will Prestia and/or Houli play?

Here's mine:

B:    Grimes      Rance     Vlastuin
HB:  Houli        Astbury     Short
C:    McIntosh   Cotchin    Edwards
HB:  Townsend   Caddy      Butler 
F:     Bolton      Riewoldt   Castagna
R:    Nankervis   Martin   Prestia
Int:  B.Ellis, Grigg, Graham, Lambert

Emg:  Lloyd, Conca, C.Ellis

A choice between Conca, C.Ellis & Short for Broad's spot and I went for Short. Dimma is a fan of Reece so it wouldn't surprise if it's Conca who gets the nod. Whoever misses out will mostly likely come in for Houli and/or Prestia if they're still out injured.

Bolton in for Rioli.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
What is everyone's guess for our round 1 team?

Who replaces Broad and Rioli?

Will Prestia and/or Houli play?

Here's mine:

B:    Grimes      Rance     Vlastuin
HB:  Houli        Astbury     Short
C:    McIntosh   Cotchin    Edwards
HB:  Townsend   Caddy      Butler 
F:     Bolton      Riewoldt   Castagna
R:    Nankervis   Martin   Prestia
Int:  B.Ellis, Grigg, Graham, Lambert

Emg:  Lloyd, Conca, C.Ellis

A choice between Conca, C.Ellis & Short for Broad's spot and I went for Short. Dimma is a fan of Reece so it wouldn't surprise if it's Conca who gets the nod. Whoever misses out will mostly likely come in for Houli and/or Prestia if they're still out injured.

Bolton in for Rioli.

Two small changes for me in that. I think Conca comes in before Short.

I also think Prestia not likely to be risked in this even if ready, so I think Higgins for a debut or Stengle might get a run off the bench, with Graham given a chance to have a go through the middle in a more attacking role.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
If Houli doesn’t pull up then I think short comes in. If houli is right to go then it will be close between him and conca for broads spot, personally prefer short out of the 2. Bolton straight swap for Rioli, the kid is electric! If Prestia isn’t risked then I think cellis gets first crack at a mid spot. Pretty keen to get him into the team in any case although I don’t know who for. Thought Mcintosh was most at risk of losing his place from the premiership 22 but he looked impressive in jlt2.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
For me the only changes i see are:

Bolton for Rioli
Conca for Broad

and

C.Ellis for Prestia is he is not ready and Short for Houli for the same reason.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
conca. lol

please
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
C Ellis is way ahead of Conca and should get the gig IMO.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tipping a crowd in excess of 90k in The Age......

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-afl-tip-90-000-for-season-opener-20180313-p4z47v.html
Tigers, AFL tip 90,000 for season opener

By Jake Niall
14 March 2018

The AFL and Richmond believe that the season’s opening game between the Tigers and Carlton can become the first round-one game to break the 90,000 attendance barrier.

The AFL confirmed that, based on the interest level – boosted by the unfurling of Richmond’s 2017 premiership – a crowd exceeding 90,000 is certainly achievable for the Thursday night game next week.

The Tiger army will be out in force for round one.

‘‘We’re certainly hopeful that we can push into 90,000,’’ said AFL spokesman Patrick Keane, supporting Richmond’s view that the match could surpass the mark, which has been bettered only 11 times in VFL/AFL history.

The Tigers said it appeared as if the match was headed for a sell-out.

The rarity of games attracting more than 90,000 is underscored by the fact that the majority of those 11 games were played on Anzac Day – six of them in the annual game between Collingwood and Essendon and one in 1977 when Richmond’s legendary coach Tom Hafey coached the Magpies against Richmond for the first time.

The unfurling of Richmond’s first flag since 1980 obviously gives the game an enormous boost and, regardless of whether it breaks 90,000, given reasonable weather, it is likely to surpass the previous two highest crowds for first-round games – Carlton v Collingwood in 1995 (a record 87,119) and the corresponding Richmond-Carlton game of 2009 (87,043), which had enormous interest as a result of Ben Cousins’ ill-fated debut as a Richmond player (he tore a hamstring).

The massive crowd will be a significant fiscal boost to the Blues, too, since the clubs share the gate takings for round one, with the home team alternating.

The Tigers will pick a relatively strong side, though it is unclear whether two of their better players from the grand final, Dion Prestia and Bachar Houli – who have had pre-season interruptions – will be available. The Tigers will be without Daniel Rioli and the club suspended Nathan Broad from last year’s premiership 22.

The Tigers say the flag unfurling ceremony for their 11th VFL/AFL premiership will be ‘‘simple and symbolic’’.

Carlton’s highly regarded first-draft pick, Paddy Dow, is a chance to make his debut in the game.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-afl-tip-90-000-for-season-opener-20180313-p4z47v.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
MCG parking ban over terror fears

CARS will be locked out of the MCG precinct for AFL blockbusters and major events this year in response to terror fears.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/mcg-parking-ban-for-blockbusters-over-terror-fears/news-story/b2377164b4f103e09f7e12f45dfff21f

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade

CARS will be locked out of the MCG precinct for AFL blockbusters and major events this year in response to terror fears.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/mcg-parking-ban-for-blockbusters-over-terror-fears/news-story/b2377164b4f103e09f7e12f45dfff21f
So much for not letting them win, now they will just hop on a full train or wait on the street instead, if they are going to do anything. Should just go about our biusiness, be alert but this is silly

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

So much for not letting them win, now they will just hop on a full train or wait on the street instead, if they are going to do anything. Should just go about our biusiness, be alert but this is silly

Ahem

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cotchin interview - "Last year ... has also made me hungrier"

March 15, 2018
Sarah Olle
FOX SPORTS

It seems that 90,000 is the magical number for Richmond heading into Round 1, with the AFL predicting a record-breaking crowd for the season-opener against Carlton.

While such a massive crowd is ordinarily reserved for finals and the ANZAC Day match, the reigning premiers are tipped to draw a blockbuster attendance.

“I’m excited about the unveiling of the flag, even though players won’t get to see it,” Cotchin said.

“It’s going to be a great moment for our loyal supporters, who have been through a lot of rough times in the past.”

The Tigers have done themselves no harm this pre-season in their quest to reach unprecedented membership heights.

They bullied the young Kangaroos into submission last Wednesday, with their rapid ball movement carving up Brad Scott’s side to the tune of 70 points.

The week before it was Essendon that was dealt an 87-point thumping.

Cotchin has all but ruled out the possibility of a premiership hangover, declaring 2018 as an opportunity to go back-to-back.

“I’m humbled and grateful for what we achieved last year, but in a way it has also made me hungrier,” Cotchin told foxfooty.com.au.

And if Richmond’s pre-season form is anything to go by, Cotchin’s teammates are equally as hungry for back-to-back flags.

“We’re looking forward to getting out there in a week’s time and giving ourselves every opportunity to perform at a consistent level for as long as possible,” Cotchin said.

“That’s what we did last year. We focused on what we could control and we’ll be doing that again.”

The Tigers have a relatively clean bill of health, but draftee Jack Higgins could be catapulted into the team for the season opener.

Higgins, 18, was selected with Pick 17 at last year’s draft. A big-bodied midfielder who can also go forward, Higgins won the Morrish Medal for the best player in the TAC Cup last season.

“Higgo is certainly finding his niche at the footy club,” Cotchin said.

“He did really well in the VFL practice match last week and he was good in the JLT match prior to that.

“It’s just a matter of positions and it’s out of my domain. I’ll leave it to the coaches to make that call.”