Author Topic: Coburg pre-season practice matches  (Read 8562 times)

Bulluss

Re: Coburg pre-season practice matches
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2006, 10:50:25 PM »
X,

I think that Nick Raines is playing with Port Melbourne this season, along with Monteath IIRC.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Nathan Brown returns to footy field (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2006, 03:20:28 AM »

Picture: Michael Klein

Nathan Brown returns to footy field
24 February 2006   
Herald Sun
Damian Barrett

THE kicks lacked the usual penetration and the ball didn't follow him as it normally would, but it mattered little for Nathan Brown last night – he was back playing competitive football.

Brown's comeback, in a practice match for Richmond's reserves at Princes Park, put him ahead of schedule in his plan to be ready for Round 1. Nine months after snapping his right leg in one of football's most horrific incidents, Brown, with a 32cm titanium rod supporting his leg, had half a dozen kicks, a couple of handballs and a goal against the Kangaroos reserves.

He played the first half, and had showered and left the ground by early in the third quarter.

"It feels good. I could probably have played another two quarters but they didn't want me to," Brown said after his hitout.

"I asked them (at halftime), but they said, `No'. I still have a bit of fitness work to do and I didn't touch it too many times out there today."

"It was good to have a run and a kick and it felt good to be out there, but I've still got some work to do . . . looking to Round 1 now," Brown said.

From the moment Brown was carried off Telstra Dome on May 27 last year, the tibia and fibula bones in his right leg shattered, he set himself for a Round 1 2006 return.

Despite mental and physical setbacks along the way, he never deviated from his plan and there was a hint of pride after last night's hitout.

"I got told a few times I probably wouldn't make Round 1. I'm still a month away from Round 1 and I'm playing footy, so it's satisfying," he said.

Provided the Tigers defeat Hawthorn at Telstra Dome tomorrow, and then secure at least one more win in the knockout pre-season series, Brown will aim for a senior return in the NAB Cup.

"Hope so. I don't want to play too many games in the twos," Brown said.

"Hopefully I'll get up there and hopefully (coach) Terry (Wallace) liked what he saw today and hopefully the boys have a good win on Saturday."

Brown's touches last night were mostly typically assured, but there were moments when his absence from the game and his lack of match fitness were evident.

"I was happy with it, though," Brown said.

"The kicking was good and the ball-handling was good. I was a bit apprehensive a couple of times but I will learn to get in to the cut and thrust of it again.

"Hopefully that all comes back and comes naturally and by Round 1 everything is back to normal.

"I think that will come back when I play a real game."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,18255626%255E19771,00.html

letsgetiton!

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2006, 06:22:47 AM »
i heard patto and meyer are playing, i guess that rules them out 4 sat night

Patto was in casuals watching so he'll be there Saturday night. There were no teamsheets so I didn't have a clue who most of the Coburg players were except Hurst and Strachan were playing.

Graham did fairly well in the ruck and was playing a followers role running all over the ground. Very disciplined with the 1%ers which was pleasing to see from a young player. There's definitely potential there although he's raw.

Polo was handy at the centre bounces and had a fair bit of it. Read the footy beautifully off one tap but got tackled just as he tried to kicked.

Tivs was everywhere in the second quarter. His run through the midfield straightened Coburg up as they were all over the place in the first.

Browny got into the game better as it went. A bit rusty as his first kick was a turnover :ssh and he ran under the ball once or twice but he was running around perfectly with no sign of discomfort or hinderance from his leg :thumbsup. His goal was a snap that bounced in the goalsquare and was shepharded through.

McGaune was moved onto Sav in the second quarter and kept him quiet after Sav kicked a few in the first. The young kid on Sav in the first quarter got told off by Andy Collins for wearing the wrong footwear as he kept slipping over.

Hughes was told to present himself more by Collins in the huddle which he did well afterwards with a mark on the lead and goal. A Roos supporter on the North board on BF gave Hughesy a good wrap -
Perry - Got a towelling from Cleve Hughes of Richmond, who by the way is an excellent prospect for the Tiges. Not sure if Perry is carrying something but he lacked a bit pace, Hughes got him out almost every time on the lead, bit of a worry to be honest.

Meyer and Limbach were ok.

thanx mt!!!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2006, 06:23:53 AM »
X,

I think that Nick Raines is playing with Port Melbourne this season, along with Monteath IIRC.

thanx bull :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2006, 01:01:04 PM »
X,

Yeah that's right Bull - confirmed in this weeks Inside Football.

They've lost a few other senior blokes as well. They will have a very young list at Coburg this season (like 2005). Fortunately, young Sylvestor (who was very unlucky not to be rookied by Richmond), Rimmington and Young all remain :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
He's back (RFC site)
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2006, 01:35:34 PM »
He's back!
11:53:40 AM Fri 24 February, 2006
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au

Richmond star Nathan Brown took the next significant step on the comeback trail yesterday when he played half a VFL practice match for the Coburg Tigers against the Kangaroos reserves at Princes Park.

Brown, who snapped his right leg in an horrific incident during the Round 10 clash with Melbourne last year, played the first half of the practice match, gathering half a dozen kicks, firing out a couple of handballs, and kicking a goal.

More importantly, he had no problems with the leg.

"It feels really good now," Brown said after his recovery session at Punt Road this morning.

"I played two 20-minute quarters, so it wasn't a hell of a lot of footy - I've probably done more at training.

"But it felt good out there and I've pulled up very well.

"I didn't get too many touches, but the ones I did went okay.

So, I'd like to think that next time I'd get a few more touches and run around a bit more."

The 28-year-old veteran of 167 league games, at this stage isn't sure when or where he'll be playing next.

"I've got no idea what the plan is . . . whatever Terry tells me," he said.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=247519

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coburg vs Werribee/Bulldogs match this Friday cancelled
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2006, 06:51:47 PM »
Pre-Season Practice Match Cancellation

The previously advertised practice match on Friday 3rd March between Coburg-Richmond & Werribee-Western Bulldogs has been cancelled. We are looking to line up several more matches over the next couple of weeks and will advise once these are confirmed.

http://www.coburgtigers.com.au/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coburg recruits and membership
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2006, 06:56:09 PM »
2006 Coburg Membership

2006 promises to be an exciting year for the Coburg Football Club. With Andy Collins at the helm we have recruited established players:

Paul Shelton from Williamstown,
Alistair Neville from the Box Hill Hawks and
Travis Ronaldson from Tasmania

along with an exciting group of players from the TAC Cup Competition who will join our experienced players such as

Eric Kuret,
Vinnie Randello and
Rob Young,

to name a few.

Please renew your membership in 2006 and ensure that when the Coburg Tigers go out to play, they are buoyed by the strength and support from their members.

For membership enquiries please contact Jennifer at the Club on 9354 8228.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2006, 03:59:46 PM »

Coburg-Richmond vs. Werribee-Western Bulldogs
@ Whitten Oval on Friday 3rd March at 3:00 pm

This game has been cancelled.

http://coburgtigers.footballvic.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=103527
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2006, 04:01:29 PM »
Upcoming Coburg Tigers Pre-Season Practice Matches

The Coburg Tigers will be playing the following practice matches

Friday 10th March 6:00 pm Intraclub match at De Chene Reserve, Coburg

Saturday 18th March 3.00 pm Coburg v Bendigo Bombers at Whitten Oval

Friday 24th March 3.30 pm Coburg-RFC v Preston-Carlton at Princess Park

Friday 31st March 4.00 pm Coburg v RFC at Coburg City Oval

Entry is free so come along and support the boys.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2006, 04:48:29 PM »
terrific - I should be able to get to at least 1 of those :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2006, 04:43:39 PM »
Friday 10th March 6:00 pm
Intraclub match at De Chene Reserve, Coburg

Just bumping this up as the game is tonight.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2006, 04:51:59 AM »
Saturday 18th March 3.00 pm Coburg v Bendigo Bombers at Whitten Oval

Just bumping this up as Coburg play this arvo.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Coburg-Bendigo practice match
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2006, 04:55:39 PM »
Update from BB. They didn't give the score for half-time. Only said 7 goals each.

Coburg    4.3    7.-
Bendigo   2.1    7.-

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Coburg won by 21 points
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2006, 06:31:42 PM »

Coburg   4.3   7.-    10.7     13.11-89
Bendigo  2.1   7.-     8.6      10.8-68

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd