Author Topic: Coburg pre-season practice matches  (Read 8561 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coburg won by 28 points / Limbach kicked 3
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2006, 07:57:38 PM »
Correction: BB's final score for Coburg missed a goal of ours in the last quarter.

Scores From Today's Game at Whitten Oval

Coburg Tigers 14.12.96
Bendigo Bombers 10.8.68

Goalkickers: Dean Limbach 3, Nick Carnell 3, Vincent Randello 2, Trent Knobel, Danny Meyer, Jeremy Humm, Cameron Howat, Ryan Hurst, Daniel Jackson

http://coburgtigers.footballvic.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=103809

Good to hear Limbach is over the ankle he copped in Shepp and played well at FF.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Coburg pre-season practice matches
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2006, 04:51:25 AM »
BB has about half a dozen pics of the game. The 3rd, 4th and 5th ones show some Tigers (RFC players wore Richmond shorts and socks).

3rd - Howat, JON, Polo. Don't recognise who No. 4 is. He's tall but it doesn't look like Graham ???.
4th - White, Humm
5th - Howat, Humm and Patto?

LINK TO PICS
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2006, 09:55:57 PM »
Number 4 was Trent Knobel who captained the Burgers yesterday and played very well indeed

I actually went to the game but haven't been able to get near a computer (was out last night at a family party and family day today)

Game was scheduled to start at 3.00pm but the umpires had been told it was a 4.00pm start so it started late (3.20pm) after the umpires made a mad dash to the Whitten Construction site  ;D

The Coburg reserves played after the seniors - Angus Graham played for the Burger twos

Coburg played well but there were alot of turnovers from both teams when they over used the ball.

As for the other Richmond blokes who played for Coburg here's a summary of how I thought they went

4 - Trent Knobel - as I said captained the Burgers and was very impressive. Won the centre cirlce work easily and his efforts around the ground were good, took a few marks but created a lot of contests and fortunately had crumbers around him to clear the ball

8 - Tom Roach - again played in the back pocket. Was alot better than he has been but I think you have to remember this is a different level to AFL. His decision making was alot better when he took the first option

14 - Dean Polo - copped a nasty whack to the shoulder in the first 5 minutes of the game. Ran away from the trainers after saying he was fine, trainers and doctor ran after him  ;D and made him come off. A quarter time it looked serious as his shoulder was iced. Good news was he came back on mid way through the 2nd with his shoulder strapped. Played a good game - reminds alot of Shane Tuck the way he attacks the packs and gets in and gets the ball. Great by hand but needs to improve disposal by foot. Will play seniors in 2006 :thumbsup

19 - Dean Limbach - improving all the time. Very quick off the lead but dropped a few marks out in front that he should have taken. In those instances I thought he worried a little too much about how close his opponent was rather that just grabbing the ball. I thought his work rate in trying to keep the ball inside fifty was very good

22 - Danny Meyer - no doubting Danny's skill but I continue to worry about his body size. His opponent for most of the day was 186cm 97kg Richard Cole :o :o (I am sure that Cole is Rioli's apprentice they looked like bloody twins ;D) and although he beat Cole well in the speed stakes and when the ball was on the ground - big Cole brushed him off the ball a little to easily when Meyer tried to lay tackles

26 - Danile Jackson - was surprised to see Jacko running around for the Burgers. Played mainly across the half forward line. Solid but not outstanding. Dropped a few contested marks that I thought he should have taken but as I said solid.

29 - Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls - very good game by JON. Started at CHB on Joel Reynolds who tried to "rough him up" with a bit of push and shove before the first bounce - great to see JON didn't take a backward step and gave as good as he got. After playing only a half last week he played all of the first half and all but 10 minutes of the second. Was moved in to the centre in the third and fourth qtrs and was excellent. Reads the play very well and has lighting speed. On the whole his skills very very good, there was only a couple turnovers by foot. Very impressive :thumbsup

35 - Matthew White - I didn't notice White very much but when I did he looked good, good pace, good strength and despite his lack of height he actually looks strong in body size.

36 - Will Thursfield - solid in defence playing across the HB line. Certainly a defender, his disposal let him down at times

39 - Luke McGuane - the only things that let Luke down yesterday was bad decision making and bad disposal. Usually a bad decision led to the bad disposal. He seems to have the problem alot of our younger blokes do - he doesn't go with the first option and as a result gets himself into trouble. He got plenty of the ball but his disposal let him down

42 - Jeremy Humm - thought he was relatively quiet but when he got the ball he was super impressive. Actually showed he is more of an AFL footballer, that is he shows he can play at a higher level than VFL if that makes sense. Have no doubt that sometime in 2006 he will be promoted and play seniors

43 - Cameron Howat - kicked a nice goal in the first but after that I didn't notcie him at all.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2006, 03:00:55 AM »
Great stuff WP  :thumbsup. Good to hear Limbach continuing to come on up forward and JON finally over his groin troubles and starring. Meyer will be ok it'll just take time.

So that leaves Chaffs, Staff, Casserley and Moore as the only ones missing. Provided there's no mishaps at training (touchwood), we should have virtually a full list to choose from for round 1. 

LOL @ Cole at 97kg  :o trying to emulate Rioli's fitness regime  :rollin.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2006, 04:33:12 PM »
LOL @ Cole at 97kg  :o trying to emulate Rioli's fitness regime  :rollin.

;D

Yeah he actually just looks like a Rioli clone

It was like watching Bill and Ben the Flower pot men - only thing missing was "little weeeeeeeeeed"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2006, 04:58:29 PM »
It was like watching Bill and Ben the Flower pot men

Hello Mr Potato Man can we eat you, we're hungry

Spud coaching Bendigo next year  ;) lol.

- only thing missing was "little weeeeeeeeeed"

3 interstate players joining the bombers next year WP?  :shh

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2006, 05:01:25 PM »
- only thing missing was "little weeeeeeeeeed"

3 interstate players joining the bombers next year WP?  :shh

:rollin :rollin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coburg/RFC vs Preston/Carlton at 4pm Friday (note: time change)
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2006, 10:27:01 PM »
Coburg Tigers Pre Season Practice Matches

The Coburg Tigers will be playing the following practice matches

Friday 24th March 4.00 pm Coburg-RFC v Preston-Carlton at Princess Park (Note: time change)

Friday 31st March 4.00 pm Coburg v RFC at Coburg City Oval

Entry is free so come along and support the boys.

http://coburgtigers.footballvic.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=103809

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
11 Tigers playing for Coburg on Friday
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2006, 10:29:43 PM »
AFL Listed Players in TRUenergy VFL Practice Matches this Weekend

The following AFL listed players have been granted permission to play in TRUenergy VFL practice matches this weekend:-

* Rookie players do not require permission to play.

Coburg Tigers / Richmond

Ray Hall
Cleve Hughes
Chris Hyde
Trent Knobel
Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls
Luke McGuane
Adam Pattison
David Rodan
Greg Stafford
Will Thursfield
Matthew White

http://coburgtigers.footballvic.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=104303

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Coburg/RFC vs Preston/Carlton at 4pm Friday (note: time change)
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2006, 12:07:35 PM »
Friday 24th March 4.00 pm Coburg-RFC v Preston-Carlton at Princess Park (Note: time change)

Anyone from here going Friday?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Coburg/RFC vs Preston/Carlton at 4pm Friday (note: time change)
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2006, 03:56:54 PM »

Anyone from here going Friday?

Not me a pesky little thing called work has caused major interference

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Coburg/RFC vs Preston/Carlton at 4pm today
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2006, 03:31:34 AM »
Today 4.00 pm - Coburg-RFC v Preston-Carlton at Princess Park

bump

Moi

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2006, 04:28:30 PM »
Progress scores - 1/4 time

Coburg 1 point lol - and it was rushed.

Preston 4.2.26

Best players for us - Rodan

Preston hitting their targets inside 50 and we're just bombing in blindly.  Hughes full forward got three guys on him - trying but not hving much luck.

Patto at CHF but marking outside of range.

White - fwd pocket and Humm and Hyde in centre, but not doing much.

2nd qtr starting and Patto gone down forward with Hughes. 

Not much happening, so can't give you much of clue what's happening - will get back to you later with a report from MT

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2006, 04:43:42 PM »
having 3 guys on you wouldnt make it easy i would think. but is  there any chance that the 2 free players might actually get a brain and get out on there own and get the footy?

Moi

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2006, 04:58:16 PM »
Preston 8.5.53
Coburg  1.2.8

Goalkicker - Ryan Hurst
Point lol - Rushed and could be King from Coburg

Best players this qtr - JON.  Playing back pocket /half back flank and moving into midfield.  One bit of play - he fell down and in the same motion he handballed to a passing player.  Apparently he looked good when he did that lol.  Had the ball about 7 or 8 times but first kick went out on the full.

Rodan all right again

Basically no run in the side and we're always under pressure. 

We're winning clearances but we're not much with it.  Talls playing from behind and just not getting it.  Kicks are shti as well so not much hope there.

All the Preston goals came from play - no set shots. Key defenders are doing their job and it's their midfielders and such that are getting the goals.  So that's a positive i guess that our defenders are keeping their key fwds goalless.

No other positives from MT - says he's getting desperate to find something lol

Angus Graham will be playing for the reserves - that game should follow this one.

4 - Knobel
8 - Howat
18 - Rodan
26 - Patto
29 - Jon
31 - Hyde
34 - Hughes
35 - White
36 - Thursfield
38 - McGuane
42 - Humm