Author Topic: Grand final tickets - Cat. 2 and 3. Did you get tickets and if so for where?  (Read 15820 times)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Tickets SQ3

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Guys, I managed to get a ticket through a mate's little cousin who is a tiger member. The only thing is, it's a concession ticket...

Will I have any problems getting in do you think? I'm hoping they won't really be checking for concession at the turnstiles.

Any info on this would be appreciated.

Cheers.

dwaino

Guys, I managed to get a ticket through a mate's little cousin who is a tiger member. The only thing is, it's a concession ticket...

Will I have any problems getting in do you think? I'm hoping they won't really be checking for concession at the turnstiles.

Cheers.

You'll be right I think. My old man is concession and I checked once when he scanned in from the other side of the gate and nothing special showed up (I wanted to see in case someone else ever had to use his membership).

Join me in being nervous though. I've got my in laws AFL reserve. They've given me their AFL membership cards too just in case I get checked but my anxiety won't stop until my bum is in my seat.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
I've gone as a concession a few times when I was a student and it was hit and miss. On reflection it was maybe only the quieter games they checked? But don't trust me on that. Can you swap your ticket with anyone to get in the gate who is a concession then just swap back?

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Thanks guys. Yeah I'll try to find a swapsies partner if I can. Nervous.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Thanks guys. Yeah I'll try to find a swapsies partner if I can. Nervous.

Friends have done it the G this year. hasnt been a problem.

i know as of two years ago the scanners at etihad distinguished  between tickets on the screen for the attendent but the mcg didnt. but dunno if mcg has upgraded since.

good luck William.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

Cheers.

You'll be right I think. My old man is concession and I checked once when he scanned in from the other side of the gate and nothing special showed up (I wanted to see in case someone else ever had to use his membership).

Join me in being nervous though. I've got my in laws AFL reserve. They've given me their AFL membership cards too just in case I get checked but my anxiety won't stop until my bum is in my seat.

dont show ID if they ask and you will be fine. I am an afl member and i still was pulled up last year for the first time (mainly because i ran in just before the game started and there were not many people around gate 6)

best advice is to mingle in with the crowd and avoid any dude wearing an afl coat (last year they were wearing red)

if there are issues you have gate 7

good luck pal u should be fine

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

dwaino

Cheers.

dont show ID if they ask and you will be fine. I am an afl member and i still was pulled up last year for the first time (mainly because i ran in just before the game started and there were not many people around gate 6)

best advice is to mingle in with the crowd and avoid any dude wearing an afl coat (last year they were wearing red)

if there are issues you have gate 7

good luck pal u should be fine

:cheers cheers. Sounds like the other advice I've been given. Can I still use gate 7 if the ticket says gate 6?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
yes im about 95% sure you can as the stooges are always yelling at the crowd lining up to go to gate 7

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

dwaino

Thanks. Will be arriving early to soak in the stuff happening around the 'G and will strike when it looks busy.  :thumbsup

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Grand final tickets - Cat. 2 and 3. Did you get tickets and if so for where?
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2017, 08:55:52 PM »
Cheers all. Go tiges.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Grand final tickets - Cat. 2 and 3. Did you get tickets and if so for where?
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2017, 10:44:40 PM »
Level 4, Q15. Let's do this!!  :cheers :gotigers

dwaino

« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2017, 12:52:30 PM »
I'm in. Stressed for nothing.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Cheers all. Go tiges.

How'd you go Willy? I assume you made it and had a blast!