Author Topic: Wallace's Ark  (Read 10148 times)

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Wallace's Ark
« on: June 13, 2004, 10:31:39 PM »
Who will be saved and who will be cast off into the sea of oblivion?

In my opinion:

GONE: Marsh, Fletcher, D.Kellaway, Dragicevic, Nicholls, Blumfield, Houlihan, Rogers, Hilton, Campbell (maybe)

TRADE: Tivendale, Bowden, Fiora, Gaspar, Chaffey, Rodan (otherwise delist), Petiffer (otherwise delist)

Although this would be a drastic turnover, I would like to see Wallace go buckwild with our list. There are not many essential players at the club. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 10:33:48 PM by JohnF »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Wallace's Ark
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 10:55:40 PM »

GONE:

delisted: Marsh, Fleming, Fletcher, Dragicevic, Nicholls, Blumfield, Houlihan, Hilton. (8)
retired: Cambo?, Duncan, Rogers. (2-3)

TRADED: Gaspar, Chaffey. (2)

On the edge: Morrison, Weller, Rodan.

13 blokes turnovered is around a realistic mark I'd reckon.

I would much prefer Pagan to Wallace.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 11:25:44 PM »
Wouldn't get any arguments with that JohnF except for Bowden (from me).
I keep reading in posts that no more than 13 or 14 (?) changes can be made. Is so, 3 or 4 on your list would have to stay.
You get nothing for nothing so I have a feeling if we trade hard that we may lose a few players not on your list. If Wallace coaches he has already stated during commentary that some Richmond players are not up to AFL standard, naming Morrison and Schulz.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 11:27:06 PM »
Has the rule regarding players not being able to be traded in the 1st year of their contracts been set in concrete yet?

If it has then the following from your lists can't go anywhere I reckon:

Bowden, Tivendale, Chaffey, Rodan, Pettifer - all signed new contracts at the end of 2003

Campbell is contracted so unless he retires - he will be staying

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 11:32:05 PM »
If Wallace coaches he has already stated during commentary that some Richmond players are not up to AFL standard, naming Morrison and Schulz.

This is exactly what worries me with Terry Wallace.

If you were 19 and spent 90% of your time sitting on the bench - I suppose the chances of looking like you are not up to AFL standard would appear but I think Schulz has the ability to be a very good player. He just needs to be played consistently and regularly to show it.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 11:36:29 PM »
Has the rule regarding players not being able to be traded in the 1st year of their contracts been set in concrete yet?

Bowden, Tivendale, Chaffey, Rodan, Pettifer - all signed new contracts at the end of 2003

Yes WP the Heffernan rule is in vogue now. I believe they can still be traded though. The rule states you can't trade a newly re-signed player for 12 months. Heffernan was re-signed by Essendon then a month later traded to Melbourne. So the Club can trade those guys you mention WP at the end of this season as their new contract has run 12 months. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004, 11:46:54 PM »
Yes WP the Heffernan rule is in vogue now. I believe they can still be traded though. The rule states you can't trade a newly re-signed player for 12 months. Heffernan was re-signed by Essendon then a month later traded to Melbourne. So the Club can trade those guys you mention WP at the end of this season as their new contract has run 12 months. 

Hmm... that's interesting - because Rodan for one was re-signed after the trade period so technically speaking his contract will not have run 12 months come this years trade period.

I wonder if they back date the contract to when the last one expired?

And lets not forget (as was learnt last year) we may want to trade players but other Clubs have to want them and some of those listed aint going to be "wanted"

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 04:42:52 AM »
If we do turn over say about twelve players, how many of those should be kids and how many should be guys that have already been tried? Personally, I think we should introduce about 8 new kids onto the list. The other 4 can be rejects I suppose.

MT, I'd give Fleming another year at the club. Not that I think he is any long term prospect, but I think recently he has been doing enough to justify a spot on the list for another year. Then again, I could very easily change my mind from what I see of him in the remaining ten games.

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2004, 11:15:55 AM »

In my opinion:

GONE: Marsh, Fletcher, D.Kellaway, Dragicevic, Nicholls, Blumfield, Houlihan, Rogers, Hilton, Campbell (maybe)

TRADE: Tivendale, Bowden, Fiora, Gaspar, Chaffey, Rodan (otherwise delist), Petiffer (otherwise delist)

Although this would be a drastic turnover, I would like to see Wallace go buckwild with our list. There are not many essential players at the club. 

spot on with your call JohnF

if rodan's contract expires end of next year then trade him, hopefully we can trick someone in getting at most a draft pick from him.
Campbell, play excellent yesterday, I have been calling for his head over the past weeks, its a real shame he ran out of steam in the last quarter.
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Jackstar

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2004, 05:43:38 PM »
Gone- Hutchinson, Britain,Spargo,Crocker, Oppie(Team Manager ) Noel Duncan,Weighman,Frawley,Hornsby(Runner) he cost us an adition $5000 as well so he might as well stuff off too
In- Wallace !

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2004, 06:30:30 PM »
lmfaooo star, don't forget Casey, Beck and Mithen  ;D.

I wouldn't mind having Wallace as coach and Eade as an assistant. At least we wouldn't be getting recommended the Fletchers of the world.

Jackstar

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2004, 06:39:05 PM »
Hey John, talking about the fletchers of this world.
Cop this.
Britain responsible for Fletcher and Fleming/
Miller for Weller and Morrison.
All four are retards , dont you think ?
Shouldnt be on any AFL list but they find there way to Tigerland.lol
No wonder we are HOPELESS !

Offline wrennyboy

• Future Richmond star
  • Captain Coughlan
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2004, 07:40:29 PM »
Britain responsible for Fletcher and Fleming/
Miller for Weller and Morrison.
All four are retards , dont you think ?

Listen mate.. For starters i would take weller and morrison over fletcher and fleming anyday. Both weller and morrison are pretty good players just need oppurtunity. Weller was playing pretty good footy till he did his hamstring and Morrison well how good was he preseason and the first few games before the melbourne winter set in??

Believe me its a huge differnet coming from sunny queensland to cold melbourne. Morrison and weller have been living in queensland there whole lives and are adapting to a new environment. I would hate to see them go. Both are very hard at the ball and pretty good kicks and train well which sets the tone to our young players.

I am living on the goldcoast at the moment and have been for 6 years but i am originally from melbourne so i know how cold it gets. After 6 years up here i went back last year and it wasnt even winter and it was bloody freezing. So imagine a winter. Just give them time. Put morrison down back. He has played there most of his career but he MADE himself into a forward. Just take him back there.
wrenny

Jackstar

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2004, 08:02:32 PM »
I think Weller if very very slow and as for Morrison, seen enough of him at Coburg (VFL Level) to say he isnt going to make it and a complete waste of a draft pick !

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2004, 10:31:09 AM »
Here here Jackster.

Under the Miller reign we have picked up Fleming, Nichols, Fletcher, Weller, Morrison and Marsh in only 2 years.  None of whom IMO will be part of our immediate future. 

I question Millers eye for talent when he gives such players the tick.  The first time I saw Weller play in the wiz cup game against the bulldogs I knew he was a complete lemon.  The guy can't even run !!

Morrison - they didn't even know how tall he was before drafting him for crying out loud....there is no way he can ever be a dominant CHF with his stature.  Another wasted draft pick !!

People are hailing Miller as the saviour - I have my doubts.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?