Author Topic: Nude Premiership Medal Photo  (Read 64442 times)

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Nude Premiership Medal Photo
« Reply #270 on: October 25, 2017, 09:58:17 PM »
I suspect there is still a lot that has not come out in relation to this, but given that the girl has asked the investigation be dropped and that she had engaged Maurice and Blackburn to represent her, something just doesn't seem right. I am definitely in the cynic camp on the validity of the accusation but it is only based on assumption, not fact.

The thing is, the Police dropping their investigation has given both the AFL and Richmond a free kick on this.

I don't think they will hang the player out to dry, but they would both be mad not to take the opportunity to use this as a way of educating players. Let's face it, regardless of what actually transpired, there are some pretty salient lessons to be learnt for AFL players out of this.

If nothing else, I think this case underlines just how quickly things might go pear shaped if players aren't really careful and think hard before doing. One minute you are a Premiership player, the next you are the subject of a Police investigation that could possibly bring charges (according to the media) that might attract a 2 year jail sentence. One minute you are celebrating a massive team achievement, and the next, rightly or wrongly, the focus is being taken off that achievement which effects not only you, but your team mates, the club and even to some extent its supporters.

It is called trial by media, and regardless of whether it is right or wrong, it is a reality.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #271 on: October 26, 2017, 03:55:38 AM »
AFL integrity unit takes over investigation into Richmond photo scandal

Michael Warner,
Herald Sun
October 26, 2017

THE AFL integrity department has launched a probe into the Richmond premiership photo scandal.

Victoria Police formally notified the AFL this afternoon that it had ceased its investigations at the request of the alleged victim.

Evidence gathered by police will not be handed to the league, which will conduct its own probe.

The AFL has the power to punish players and officials under its broad misconduct rules.

The investigation will also test the AFL’s new respect and responsibility policy.

At least one Tigers player faces a fine or suspension for allegedly circulating the nude image in the hours after last month’s Grand Final win over Adelaide.

Other Richmond players proven to have sent on the image could also face sanction.

“This afternoon the AFL was contacted by Victoria Police, confirming their investigation had ceased,” league spokesman Jay Allen said.

“The AFL integrity unit are now investigating the matter.

“We will be in a position to make further comment when the integrity unit’s investigation is complete.

“We ask to please respect the privacy of those involved.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/afl-integrity-unit-takes-over-investigation-into-richmond-photo-scandal/news-story/ab32a99374a5d7ced684b031c9baf23b

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #272 on: October 26, 2017, 06:50:50 AM »
So if I have this right the police have dropped this on the request of the girl as it causing too much distress which I assume is for her.

However now the AFL are going to launch their own investigation and because information can't be handed over have to go through it all again from scratch.

But it's Ok as they make a statement to ask everyone to respect the privacy of the parties involved.

Clowns will cause more distress to the girl at the sake of the AFLs public image of being a morale crusader.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #273 on: October 26, 2017, 06:58:18 AM »
It's behind the Age's paywall

But what I read before the paywall came up  ;D

RFC player is back from his holiday, has engaged his own legal team and is facing sanction from the Club

The thing is, the Police dropping their investigation has given both the AFL and Richmond a free kick on this.

I actually agree with this bit. If the Club and the player are smart, they can move from on from this quickly if they get on the front foot and deal with it before the AFL ride in on their bulldozer.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #274 on: October 26, 2017, 07:14:53 AM »

So can somebody let us know who has returned home early from Bali?

:lol
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: October 26, 2017, 07:46:58 AM »
Can't wait for the public Clayton's apology and the 2 week suspension.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #276 on: October 26, 2017, 01:18:56 PM »
Well well well

Listening to SEN driving in this morning they said that even though the Police investigation is currently closed the AFL & RFC are still reviewing / investigating this

So clearly it isn't over

technically its not over but with the police investigation closed (the most serious investigation), this train has run out of coal and is gliding silently to an imminent halt.

you know it. i know it. even the media with their stunning absence of opinion pieces knows it.

in the the absence of a conviction (let alone a complaint to the police) and to keep identites anonymous, the most that will feasibly  happen is a fine. if that. And if a fine happens it will be to manage perceptions rather than anything else.

Dooks, the only difference between the situation as it stands right now to when the police were involved is the potential justice action on the Perp, we now know with certainty because the case has been dropped and will NOT proceed to a court of law that the Perp will not be going to jail for his actions. Unless of course the case is again re-opened by police at the request of the victim, a fact which the papers keep ramming down our throats as a potential possibility.

The train as you put it is not comming to an inevitable holt. In the MIND of the AFL they must act, In the MIND of the president of the Richmond FC they must act, the credibility of both of these entities is at stake. The problem that both these entities face is administering a Justice action against the Perp that will be deemed appropriate by the industry and associated communities and the general public, they have also got to do this by not allowing there actions to disclose publicly the identity of the victim and quite possibly even the Perp, to do that could lead to the re-opening of the case because at that point of disclosure you could well say her violation is complete.

Fines, sanctions and education is probably what they are going to try to do without disclosure of either identity.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #277 on: October 26, 2017, 01:24:11 PM »
"Perp"?

Methinks somebody's watched too many Seppo cop shows....... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #278 on: October 26, 2017, 01:36:08 PM »
Have we got a profile of the unsub yet?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: October 26, 2017, 01:43:32 PM »
Have we got a profile of the unsub yet?

I'm working on it now

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #280 on: October 26, 2017, 01:59:10 PM »
The train as you put it is not comming to an inevitable holt. In the MIND of the AFL they must act, In the MIND of the president of the Richmond FC they must act, the credibility of both of these entities is at stake.

I think you should have also mentioned the CEO of the RFC in the above - he is a major player at club level here due to the statements he has made in the past about equality and respect

Something like "In the MIND of the president & CEO of the Richmond FC they must act,

;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #281 on: October 26, 2017, 02:01:49 PM »
BTW - when was this Nude Premiership -which I presume we also won as they gave us medals for it -?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: October 26, 2017, 02:07:22 PM »
BTW - when was this Nude Premiership -which I presume we also won as they gave us medals for it -?
It was held around 1am at the after party at Crown but the medal ceremony was at an as yet unknown private home location.... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #283 on: October 26, 2017, 03:46:27 PM »
I understand I can't reveal the details of the issue publicly but if anyone needs clarification I'm happy to shed light on what has happened and wants me to forward some dot points in a PM.
Go Tigers!

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #284 on: October 26, 2017, 06:00:21 PM »
I understand I can't reveal the details of the issue publicly but if anyone needs clarification I'm happy to shed light on what has happened and wants me to forward some dot points in a PM.

for confirmarion - yes please.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018