Author Topic: Biggest sooky little babies?  (Read 195721 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Biggest sooky little babies?
« Reply #600 on: August 23, 2020, 06:01:35 PM »
Channel 7 shows the best things of the weekend highlights - a series of highlights so far this weeks games.

Showing four highlights from the Essendrug v Richmond game - all four highlights were Essendon highlights.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #601 on: August 24, 2020, 12:55:39 PM »
I think the poll on this thread needs to be updated. 

Add Essendon & their supporters to the list!      ::)    :P 
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #602 on: August 24, 2020, 01:08:02 PM »
i couldnt find anywhere else to put it, but does anyone else notice how great fair duck is when discussing our club?

he nails it more often than not, compared to the other fools
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #603 on: August 24, 2020, 10:35:29 PM »
Cornes just said the umps cost Essendon the game :rollin.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #604 on: August 25, 2020, 04:24:48 PM »
Cornes just said the umps cost Essendon the game :rollin.

Not having a third of our inside 50’s?
That’s why I don’t bother with him
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #605 on: August 26, 2020, 02:30:19 PM »
Callers to SEN in the last half an hour:

Bombers fan: "I don't care what anyone says, everyone knows Grimes & Vlastuin staged for those frees."

Pies fan: "How did the tribunal make that decision to let both Richmond players off especially when one is a well known recidivist? Thursday night is going to be the stagers vs the duckers. Let's see how these Richmond fans react when Shuey ducks for frees like he did to win that final after the siren against Port."

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #606 on: August 26, 2020, 06:45:11 PM »
At least the employees  ;D of the club know and follow the covid rules.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #607 on: August 28, 2020, 02:22:27 PM »
From SEN txts:

"Thomson Dow only looked good because he was surrounded by a premiership team. Let's see how good he would be if he was playing for Adelaide."

"Dustin Martin is nowhere near the best player in the AFL. Dangerfield is as he has a much higher footy IQ than Martin." 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #608 on: September 23, 2020, 03:50:18 AM »
thanks Mitch

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/mitch-robinsons-tom-lynch-sledge-will-fire-up-richmonds-premiership-hunt-c-1250428?fbclid=IwAR14UJnDFQ8IEPP0nVyMa6RfyxsnI_zCx0G-zpig_xINrB-yssl0_fDKo6Y

He's regretting it now and trying to suck up lol.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mitch Robinson: I absolutely respect Tigers and have no issue with Lynch

By Jake Niall
The Age
September 23, 2020

Brisbane's colourful veteran Mitch Robinson says he has absolute respect for Richmond and nothing negative to say about the Tigers' gun key forward Tom Lynch, whom Robinson lashed on social media last month.

Robinson, who had called Lynch "a wanker'' on his twitch live stream and criticised the Tiger forward for crossing from the Suns to a good team "to get success'', told The Age that his comments had been blown out of proportion and he was not concerned about how those words would be received by Lynch and the Tigers in next week's qualifying final.

"Not really. I haven't thought about it since I made the comments,'' Robinson said, when asked if he thought his comments would fire up Lynch. "I honestly made it on the stream when I was playing a video game. I wasn't really thinking about too much going there with the small community that I have.

"So I haven't actually thought about. I was cheering on Collingwood last night (against Port Adelaide) so it would have been pretty cool to win minor premiers, but regardless, we're playing Richmond this next week. I don't think they're going to be thinking about it too much - a bit water off a duck's back, I'm pretty sure.''

Robinson said he made his comments on Lynch - which surfaced after Lynch was the subject of criticism for on-field incidents against Gold Coast - after Brisbane played Richmond, not thinking they would become a headline.

Robinson, who also made reference to Lynch pushing Lion teammate Alex Witherden's face into the turf - the incident that sparked his ire - was rebuked by his coach Chris Fagan for his comments.

"I made the comments after the game against them, down at Gold Coast we played against them. It's just my opinion at the time. I didn't really think it was going to be headlines or anything like that - it got blown out of proportion a little bit.

"But in saying that, it's just comments I made and, you know, it's no disrespect to the Richmond footy club. I've absolutely got a lot of respect for them and what they're about. So I'm looking forward to the game next week, I'm sure they are too.

"Tom's actually a very good player, I've got nothing, really, bad to say about him on-field or off-field. It's just my opinion at the time. I'm looking forward - if he plays next week - that battle.''

But Robinson felt the Lions were better prepared to meet the Tigers, who have beaten them repeatedly - including in last year's qualifying final and in that encounter several weeks ago.

"It feels like we're better prepared. Obviously last year was a new feeling for a lot of players in that team. We've got a similar squad.

"So I think that we're going to be better prepared going into this one, especially after playing Richmond three times in 12 months.

"We've been pretty close to them a couple of times. Obviously the goalkicking let us down this year when we played against them, but scoreboard pressure with them would help us a lot to get the win.''

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/mitch-robinson-i-absolutely-respect-tigers-have-no-issue-with-lynch-20200922-p55y5r.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #609 on: September 23, 2020, 03:36:44 PM »
Quote from: 90 nice
Thing is Richmond have not had to battle like the other teams and seam to have everything made for them too.

Arrogantly it always has to be richmond all the bloody time its like its their god given right.

Tigers make me sick prancing around
I guess its because i live in richmond i hate all of this yellow and black BS around the place makes me sick. I live a handball away from punt rd oval too. I cant stand some of their arrogant players lynch dustin cotchen grimes reiwolt they are all the same. Along with their phoney supporter pricks.
Quote from: K
They are not worthy premiers. This is an AFL era of mediocrity. There are too many clubs and the talent, which was probably in limited supply anyway, has been spread too thinly. It's worse than that, really. The talent may have been simply wasted and lost, as GC and GWS screwed up the bodies or footy educations of a generation of kids. Meanwhile, NBA etc. lure kids to the dark side, which did not happen 30 years ago.

Rich's main achievement is to be virtually injury-free for four years. For the first two years, they were injury-free the entire two years. Last year, it looked like they'd finally have injuries (and they played like wooden spooners in that period), but magically they had all recovered when finals rocked around. This year we're at the pointy end of the season, and if reports that Prestia and Lynch are in full training are correct, they again are almost injury-free.

It's disturbing the other clubs haven't worked out the injury and fitness stuff. Normally secrets don't last more than about 18 months. Ideally, the bottom clubs would have poached Rich's fitness and medical staff by now.

I don't know how clubs expect to win finals against a club's full senior side when they are playing half of a VFL side because of their injury carnage.
Quote from: Pies4shaw
I don't agree with most of K's comments. I do, though, agree that we are watching an AFL era in which none of the teams has as many good players as the great sides of the past.

My point was that, objectively, Richmond are not "one of the greatest teams ever" and will not be, even if they win the flag again this year. Not even a Richmond supporter would say that.
Richmond have been given everything on a platter to them.

Another easy ride in the finals for richmond nicely set up too back to back flags here we come and i reckon they will make it 3 straight next year too.
https://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=86974&start=30

Quote from: versichili
Well SEVEN'S AFL Finals ad is as bias to Richmond as possible, mythicizes players to the point that I thought it was a promo for 300 and claims this will be the greatest grand final ever. Are they using Trump's publicist?

https://twitter.com/versichili/status/1308385268802572288

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #610 on: September 23, 2020, 09:19:19 PM »
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #611 on: October 10, 2020, 10:52:49 PM »
... the AFL social media account went a step further – rubbing salt in the wounds of St Kilda supporters who had plenty of other reasons to be peeved at the umpiring by celebrating this moment.

When Dusty wants the footy, you let him have the footy 🏉#AFLFinals

pic.twitter.com/NLTJNZUcIY

— AFL (@AFL) October 9, 2020

“When Dusty wants the footy, you let him have the footy,” the AFL wrote, as Martin took the ball from the hands of teammate Shai Bolton after Bolton had clearly gained possession first.

But the Dusty love-fest ignored one critical piece of information footy followers were quick to remind the AFL about – it’s against the rules to hand the ball to another player.

“The audacity to tweet this,” replied Sam Colquhoun.

“The social media guy doesn’t even know the rules,” added Robert Tinney.

“Caption should read: When Dusty throws the footy, you let it be legal,” wrote James Cockman.

“AFL’s been in Queensland long enough for rugby passing, although might need to wait til next year to work out they can’t go forward,” Daniel Brettig said.

“Every single comment pointing out it’s a throw. The AFL happy as the ball kept moving and it’s the golden child from the golden team. Sick of it,” wrote another.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-so-in-love-with-dustin-martin-it-forgot-the-rules/news-story/d39fb63806bc797d2176cce2648bb1f0

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #612 on: October 11, 2020, 07:03:49 AM »
Slobbo put up a twitter poll calling Vlaustin a cheat
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #613 on: October 11, 2020, 09:33:17 AM »
Gee they really are a bitter bunch of Tiger hating bunnies!  A lot of hating on  teams doing well hiding a bit of grudging respect but these pricks are off their t@s.
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #614 on: October 11, 2020, 11:46:17 AM »
Slobbo put up a twitter poll calling Vlaustin a cheat

then it was deleted i think?

I saw it last night on NV's twitter but then when you click on slobbos remark it says deleted

what a flog that guy is fair dinkum

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.