Author Topic: Dusty is like an under 18’s kid playing in under 12’s: Rance (SEN)  (Read 665 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rance reveals the best way he can explain Dusty

By Luke Sicari
SEN
20 October 2017

Richmond premiership defender Alex Rance has revealed how he explains Dustin Martin’s Brownlow Medal winning 2017 campaign.

Martin became the first player in AFL history to win the Brownlow, Norm Smith Medal and a premiership in the same year, cementing his status as the game’s most dominant force.

“The best way I can explain Dusty is, it’s like an under 18’s kid playing in under 12’s,” Rance told SEN’s The Run Home.

“It was like he was just taking the pee. He was just running around, kicking and hitting targets where you’d be thinking, ok, yep, I know that only you can do that. He has probably had the most unstoppable year of any player that I’ve ever seen.

“I remember commentary around Gaz [Gary Ablett] when he was flying around that he is the un-tackle-able man, you just need to corral him. You can’t even corral Dusty because if you try to corral him, he will push you into next week. He is on another level.”

Many opponents felt the wrath of Martin’s devastating ‘don’t argue’ this year, as he led the competition in broken tackles throughout the home-and-away season with 68. The second best player was Port Adelaide’s Sam Powell-Pepper, who had 24.

Rance says Richmond coach Damien Hardwick had a prize attached to whoever could bring Martin down at training – something that didn’t come to fruition regularly.

“There is no tactic. It’s luck if you get through it,” he said of Martin’s ‘don’t argue.’

“There were a couple of times at training where we were doing some handball games and Dimma would say, 10 bucks if you can tackle Dusty. He hasn’t had to pay up too often.”

Martin collected 29 disposals in the premiership victory, including 22 contested possessions, the second-most ever in a Grand Final. The 26-year-old also added nine score involvements and six clearances, while using the footy at 83 percent efficiency.

He recommitted to the Tigers in August, signing a deal that will keep him at the club for the next seven years.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/10/20/rance-reveals-the-best-way-he-can-explain-dusty/

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Dusty is like an under 18’s kid playing in under 12’s: Rance (SEN)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 11:17:15 AM »
The way he "reveals" the best way he can explain...

Wtf does that even mean
Caracella and Balmey.