Author Topic: Well known and famous Tiger supporters  (Read 134311 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Well known and famous Tiger supporters
« Reply #390 on: January 30, 2020, 04:08:49 PM »
Barty out. Lost 6-7 5-7.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #391 on: January 30, 2020, 04:19:17 PM »
Dud, delist... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #392 on: February 03, 2020, 03:17:59 AM »
ABC presenter Gavin McGrath, who is also a passionate Richmond AFL supporter and former sports reporter for The Courier, has been following the Chiefs for about 25 years. This was sparked by what he said was a "cultural exchange" with a American he met in a social media platform talking military history. Talk with Mooster Yates quickly turned to football.

Moose lives in Independence, Missouri, north of Kansas City. He proudly wears a Richmond jumper, hat and holds a Tigers' coffee mug. He sent Mr McGrath "Chiefs merch" including a jersey emblazoned with Mr McGrath's initial social media handle, Tiger Tank 17.

https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/6604557/how-will-chiefs-fan-gav-mcgrath-go-live-for-his-abc-show-during-super-bowl/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #393 on: April 14, 2020, 02:22:40 PM »
Broadcaster Steve Price.

“I've got four memberships at Richmond (Tigers). I see that as a donation to the football club every year.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/broadcaster-steve-price-says-nrl-is-second-rate-to-afl/news-story/e281a5a3b01b6dddc3a28b5ba439fb95

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #394 on: April 23, 2020, 06:44:00 PM »
One of the police officiers killed last night was a Tigers supporter  :(.

Senior Constable King, a father of three boys and avid Richmond Football Club fan, worked at the Nunawading Highway Patrol unit.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/you-were-an-absolute-joy-tributes-for-police-officers-killed-in-horror-crash-20200423-p54mi1.html

R.I.P.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #396 on: July 01, 2020, 03:15:04 AM »
The Editor of the Cobram Courier, Jessica Ball.

Growing up on the land in south west Victoria, Ms Ball started her career as sports reporter at the Benalla Ensign before moving to the Shepparton News as features writer and was promoted to features and special publications editorial co-ordinator in 2018.

With a passion for story telling, Richmond Tigers and food, Ms Ball is always up for a chat.

https://www.sheppnews.com.au/cobram-news/2020/06/30/1291004/meet-the-courier-team

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #397 on: July 01, 2020, 11:20:21 AM »
Think "Well known and famous" might be a bit of a stretch there.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #398 on: July 01, 2020, 11:23:16 AM »
Think "Well known and famous" might be a bit of a stretch there.... :shh

More “unknown and irrelevant “
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #399 on: October 03, 2020, 03:44:47 PM »

Barty was spotted in the Gabba stands as her beloved Tigers took on the Brisbane Lions in a qualifying final.

First found by the cameras looking glum after the Lions took a strangehold on the match, it didn’t take long for Barty to brighten up after a Tigers goal.

Footy fans soaked up the the Queenslander’s love of the game, complete with fist pump and beer in hand.

https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1312010779160383490

And it wasn’t missed by reporters covering the French Open, either.

Footage of Barty at the footy went viral.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/world-no1-tennis-champion-ashleigh-barty-spotted-at-the-afl-finals-c-1361828

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #400 on: October 03, 2020, 05:42:08 PM »
Highlight of the night  ;D

Onya Ash
 :gotigers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #401 on: October 03, 2020, 07:55:49 PM »
I’ve been to the footy in Brisbane many times over the years and not just Richmond games.

What I’ve noticed more than anything is the amount of people not actually watching the game.

For example, The last time I was up there, there was two woman and a bloke talking about life the whole game  and every now and then you’d hear them ask each other, “did we kick that or was it the other mob?” and then back to the convo.

I’m not sure why they were there to be honest. But that was normal according to my ex victorian mate I was at the game with.

By the look of the picture above it looks as though Ash is the only one interested in the actual game.   
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #402 on: October 06, 2020, 03:19:02 PM »
Brilliant truth behind Ash Barty's beer-drinking footy visit

Sam Goodwin
Sports Editor
Yahoo Sport Australia
6 October 2020

While her opponents were slogging it out at the cold and miserable French Open on Saturday, Ash Barty was enjoying a beer (or two) at the footy on a warm Brisbane night.

If that doesn’t sum up 2020 for you, what does?

Barty opted not to travel to Roland Garros or the preceding US Open this year, despite being the defending champion in Paris.

The Australian champion hasn’t played a competitive match since February, yet none of her nearest rivals have managed to take the World No.1 ranking from her.

With Simona Halep’s shock loss in the fourth round at the French Open on Sunday, Barty is guaranteed to finish the year as World No.1.

The loss ended Halep's career-best winning streak of 17 consecutive matches, guaranteeing that Barty - who chose to skip the US and French Opens due to concerns about coronavirus and her preparation - will finish the year atop the world rankings.

And in doing so, Barty has made some incredible Australian tennis history.

The 24-year-old will become the first Australian woman to finish as World No.1 in back-to-back years, and the first Aussie since Lleyton Hewitt in 2002.

Not bad for someone who hasn’t played in eight months.

Barty sent fans into a frenzy on Saturday night when she was spotted at the Gabba cheering on her beloved Richmond Tigers against Brisbane.

With beer in hand, Barty could be seen revving up the Tigers as they fought to come back against the Lions.

“Imagine if you’d been told in January that Ash Barty would watch an AFL final in person while the French Open - of which she is defending champion - was going on simultaneously,” Fox Sports’ Daniel Cherny tweeted.

Others described Barty as “our true queen” and an “Australian icon”.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/french-open-2020-brilliant-truth-behind-ash-barty-footy-visit-222557125.html

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #403 on: October 07, 2020, 06:25:10 PM »
The Tiger King has been seen at games at Metricon

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #404 on: October 10, 2020, 05:33:33 AM »