Author Topic: Well known and famous Tiger supporters  (Read 134362 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Well known and famous Tiger supporters
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2009, 04:53:46 AM »
Driven to online success: Carsales.com.au - Greg Roebuck
Peter Switzer | September 25, 2009

A BANK predictably playing hardball might have been the kick in the backside Greg Roebuck had to have. It certainly put him on the road to creating a car business that not only attracted some of the country's best-connected equity partners but created the opportunity for his business to reach many entrepreneurs' dream: a public listing.

Roebuck is a paid-up Richmond AFL supporter, which he says has been good for his inner strength. "It has been such a great character-building exercise that I'm considering making it a requirement for employment in the business," he says. "Clearly paid-up supporters are prepared to tough out difficult challenges."

Building a business is easier said than donebut at least Roebuck's time in the centre has resulted in a lot more goals than for his beloved Tigers.

His company is Carsales.com.au and it successfully listed on the stock exchange on September 10, which is a nice achievement for a guy who had to ditch his old business so he could get a bank loan to buy a house.

Full article at:
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/business/story/0,28124,26079491-5018019,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2011, 11:13:23 AM »
18.5 Victorian MPs barrack for Richmond. The half comes from a Greens MP who supports both us and Collingwood  ???

http://www.theage.com.au/national/melbourne-life/pollies-show-their-true-footy-colours-20110328-1cdck.html

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2011, 11:16:55 AM »
......The half comes from a Greens MP who supports both us and Collingwood  ???

Why am I not surprised. Trying to make things happen that go against the natural order of everything!   ;D ;D

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2011, 12:08:03 PM »
The new NSW premier is a Victorian by birth and a Tiger supporter  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2011, 05:21:06 PM »
George Kapiniaris of 80s show Acropolis Now is a Tiger supporter

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/110297/default.aspx

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2011, 10:49:19 PM »

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/110297/default.aspx

The children of migrant Greeks from Prahran, Windsor, South Yarra, Richmond, Burnley, Armadale and Oakleigh have built this club and now spread the word to all corners of this great city. ;D

10 FLAGS

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2011, 11:00:24 AM »

The children of migrant Greeks from Prahran, Windsor, South Yarra, Richmond, Burnley, Armadale and Oakleigh have built this club and now spread the word to all corners of this great city. ;D

Yes these are the undisputable facts as presented by Tuckerbag QC. Without the Greeks and the other Wogs Richmond would have gone out of business years ago. Indeed we have built the greatest sporting institution the world has ever seen. The redisposition of the seed as enacted by Greeks and Italians in a systematic and passionate way throughout the finest and not so finest bedois of this fine city and other parts will guarantee Richmond its future for  generations to come. Everyone should be thankful  :lol

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2011, 11:46:00 AM »

Yes these are the undisputable facts as presented by Tuckerbag QC. Without the Greeks and the other Wogs Richmond would have gone out of business years ago. Indeed we have built the greatest sporting institution the world has ever seen. The redisposition of the seed as enacted by Greeks and Italians in a systematic and passionate way throughout the finest and not so finest bedois of this fine city and other parts will guarantee Richmond its future for  generations to come. Everyone should be thankful  :lol

:lol

Very funny Ramps!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2011, 12:44:38 PM »
Im not sure the use of the word redisposition was correct but I was laughing as I wrote it so I decided to keep it  ;D Maybe I should have gone with reallocation on top of the redisposition and then I would have completely stuffed up the english, french and greek language all in one go  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2011, 09:32:53 PM »
"First Man" Tim Mathieson was at the footy today wearing a Tigers scarf.

Tigermonk

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2011, 10:12:08 PM »
ME  ;D

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2011, 10:16:23 PM »
The thread says 'tiger' supporters.

You stand corrected.  :wallywink

Tigermonk

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2011, 10:41:10 PM »
The thread says 'tiger' supporters.

You stand corrected.  :wallywink

maybe you can sing that  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2011, 05:30:01 PM »
Australia’s newest Wimbledon junior girls champion, Ashleigh Barty, dropped in to see her beloved Tigers this week.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/119208/default.aspx

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2011, 06:26:53 PM »
Any chance the club would target some of these high profile individuals and ask for a contra to the FTF?

I'm sure 5-10k woudnt make a difference to most of them, if we got 100 celebs to donate something in that order it would be 500k min  :thumbsup