Author Topic: Who will change guernsey numbers for 2018? / Butler now #7 & Castagna #11  (Read 3217 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Who will change guernsey numbers for 2018? / Butler now #7 & Castagna #11
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 07:40:56 PM »
Castagna and Butler spoke to reporters at Punt Road Oval on Monday where they revealed they had switched from guernsey numbers 46 and 40 respectively to No.11 and No.7.

"It was a bit of a tough decision to pass on the No.40 because it was my premiership number," Butler said.

"But I'm really happy to take on No.7."

Source: Yahoo7 website

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 07:49:39 PM »
Castagna and Butler spoke to reporters at Punt Road Oval on Monday where they revealed they had switched from guernsey numbers 46 and 40 respectively to No.11 and No.7.

"It was a bit of a tough decision to pass on the No.40 because it was my premiership number," Butler said.

He'll just have to make the no.7 a premiership number for him too! ;)
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 08:22:39 PM »
Butler and Castagna to never stop working in the fwd line because they are 7-11?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 09:16:09 PM »
 :lol

He'll just have to make the no.7 a premiership number for him too! ;)
x2

Someone needs to tell Dan that along with Malthouse, Ray Martin, Eric Moore, Wayne Walsh & Ernie Taylor all won flags wearing the #7.

"I think Mick Malthouse might have worn it, so I have got a bit to live up to," Butler said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 10:39:07 PM »
Butler and Castagna to never stop working in the fwd line because they are 7-11?

...and we won't have to to pay them....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cam Mooney bakes Butler & Castagna for changing their guernsey number (SEN)
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2017, 01:53:15 PM »
Mooney bakes young Tiger duo for big change

By SEN
12 December 2017

“You do not change your premiership number!”

That’s the message former North Melbourne and Geelong premiership forward Cam Mooney has for Richmond flag-winning pair Dan Butler and Jason Castagna.

Housemates Butler and Castagna played crucial roles in attack in the Tigers drought-breaking premiership win this year, but have opted to change their guernsey numbers heading into 2018.

Butler, who has worn No.40 since being drafted out of North Ballarat in 2014, has made the move to No.7 – which was left vacant when Ben Lennon was delisted post-season, while Castagna takes over Jake Bachelor’s No.11 having donned No.46 for the past two seasons.

“You do not, I repeat, you do not change your premiership number,” Mooney said on SEN Drive.

“It’s your premiership number – you’ve won a premiership. You’ve now got your name on the locker…you are now etched into history of your football club wearing this number.

“And now you’ve gone and changed it. I can’t believe it. I was ropeable with them!

“Everyone likes to get that lower number, but once you win a premiership that’s it. That’s your number.”

Western Bulldogs 2016 premiership player Josh Dunkley is another who will don a different guernsey number in 2018 to the one he wore in the flag side, having switched from No.20 to Matthew Boyd’s No.5.

“I know the No.5 is a great number at the Bulldogs and I’m sure these numbers are great numbers and they’ve got history towards them and great players, but it’s your number and you won on the sacred day,” Mooney said.

“It’s the greatest day of your life when you’re a sportsman – winning a premiership with all your mates and that is your number.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/12/11/mooney-bakes-young-tiger-duo-for-big-change/

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
Re: Cam Mooney bakes Butler & Castagna for changing their guernsey number (SEN)
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2017, 03:55:27 PM »
Mooney bakes young Tiger duo for big change

By SEN
12 December 2017

“You do not change your premiership number!”

That’s the message former North Melbourne and Geelong premiership forward Cam Mooney has for Richmond flag-winning pair Dan Butler and Jason Castagna.

Housemates Butler and Castagna played crucial roles in attack in the Tigers drought-breaking premiership win this year, but have opted to change their guernsey numbers heading into 2018.

Butler, who has worn No.40 since being drafted out of North Ballarat in 2014, has made the move to No.7 – which was left vacant when Ben Lennon was delisted post-season, while Castagna takes over Jake Bachelor’s No.11 having donned No.46 for the past two seasons.

“You do not, I repeat, you do not change your premiership number,” Mooney said on SEN Drive.

“It’s your premiership number – you’ve won a premiership. You’ve now got your name on the locker…you are now etched into history of your football club wearing this number.

“And now you’ve gone and changed it. I can’t believe it. I was ropeable with them!

“Everyone likes to get that lower number, but once you win a premiership that’s it. That’s your number.”

Western Bulldogs 2016 premiership player Josh Dunkley is another who will don a different guernsey number in 2018 to the one he wore in the flag side, having switched from No.20 to Matthew Boyd’s No.5.

“I know the No.5 is a great number at the Bulldogs and I’m sure these numbers are great numbers and they’ve got history towards them and great players, but it’s your number and you won on the sacred day,” Mooney said.

“It’s the greatest day of your life when you’re a sportsman – winning a premiership with all your mates and that is your number.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/12/11/mooney-bakes-young-tiger-duo-for-big-change/
Don't change your number but change your club? What a flog.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2017, 04:27:40 PM »
Next year they can have their names on 2 lockers

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2017, 10:27:24 PM »

...and we won't have to to pay them....

:lol :lol :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2017, 02:41:50 PM »
The decision made by lively Richmond small forward duo and close mates Dan Butler and Jason Castagna to change their guernsey numbers for season 2018, has prompted some football critics to question why they would want to do so after playing in the Tigers’ 2017 premiership team wearing No. 40 and No. 46 respectively.

Butler has taken over the No. 7 guernsey at Tigerland and Castagna will wear the No. 11.

While from the outside looking in it may seem a tad surprising to vacate your premiership number, an assessment of No. 7 and No. 11 throughout Richmond’s history shows just how prominent they have been.

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-12-18/the-good-oil-on-tigers-7eleven-