Author Topic: RFC VFLW thread [merged]  (Read 33172 times)

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
RFC VFLW thread [merged]
« on: November 10, 2017, 03:06:28 PM »
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-11-10/tigers-appoint-inaugural-vflw-coach

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The VFLW's 2018 Fixture:

RICHMOND

Round 1    Saturday, May 5        Western Bulldogs        Vic Uni Whitten Oval    4:00pm*   Away
Round 2    Saturday, May 12      Darebin Falcons          Swinburne Centre      12:00pm     Home
Round 3    Sunday, May 20         Collingwood               Olympic Park Oval       2:00pm     Away
Round 4    Sunday, May 27         Williamstown              Gellibrand Oval           2:00pm     Away
Round 5    Saturday, June 2        Essendon                  Swinburne Centre        4:00pm     Home
BYE weekend June 9/10
Round 6         TBC                    Melbourne University            TBC                    TBC          Home
Round 7    BYE
Round 8    Sunday, July 1            Hawthorn                 Swinburne Centre      11:30am      Home
Round 9    Sunday, July 8            Essendon                   Windy Hill                11:30am*    Away
Round 10       TBC                     Casey Demons                    TBC                     TBC         Home
Round 11  Saturday, July 21        NT Thunder              Swinburne Centre      12:00pm      Home
Round 12  Saturday, July 28         Carlton               Ikon Park (Princes Park) 11:00am*     Away
Round 13  Saturday, August 4      Geelong                    GMHBA Stadium         2:00pm*    Away
Round 14  Sunday, August 12     Williamstown            Swinburne Centre       12:00pm      Home
Round 15  BYE
Round 16  Saturday, August 25   Southern Saints   Skybus Stadium, Frankston  11:00am*  Away

* Double header with VFL match

http://vfl.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2017/12/2018-Swisse-Wellness-VFL-Womens-Fixture-FINAL.pdf
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 02:10:57 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: RFC VFLW Coach named
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 03:44:57 PM »
Sickening that you make me click the link
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 04:00:34 PM »
Transcript  ::)
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 06:55:12 PM »
Tigers appoint inaugural VFLW coach

richmondfc.com.au
November 10, 2017 2:45 PM

Richmond has appointed Tom Hunter as its inaugural VFLW and Next Generation Academy coach.

Hunter, 26, has been an assistant coach with the VFL Tigers for the past two seasons and has completed Level 3 of the AFL’s coaching accreditation course.

“As a primary school teacher with a significant football background, Tom emerged as the outstanding candidate to work in a diverse environment,” said Richmond’s general manager – football talent, Dan Richardson.

“We have seen Tom’s communication skills, empathy and teaching background first-hand through our VFL program over the past two years, under the leadership of VFL and development coach Craig McRae.

“Tom will be responsible for developing our female football talent, as well as mentoring our young, emerging footballers through the Richmond Academy.

“He is young and enthusiastic and most importantly passionate about player development.

“We are excited to announce his appointment and look forward to watching the VFLW and Next Generation Academy programs grow under his guidance.”

Hunter will work closely with Richmond’s female football operations manager, Kate Sheahan, to build a VFLW program that allows its players to thrive.

The Club, which will enter the AFLW competition in 2020, will host a VFLW Come and Try Day at Punt Road Oval on Saturday.

The talent identification process will be overseen by Richardson, Richmond’s general manager – football, Neil Balme, and list manager Blair Hartley.

A promising junior footballer, Hunter was drafted to Collingwood with pick 18 in the 2010 AFL Rookie Draft.

However he was forced into retirement aged 20, after a series of serious neck injuries.

Hunter then began his craft as a coach and spent three years as an assistant at TAC Cup club Calder Cannons – coaching the forward line in his debut season, the backline in his second, and the midfield in the final year.

He was then lured to Richmond by McRae.

“Firstly I’d like to thank Richmond for giving me the opportunity to coach both the VFLW and Richmond Academy programs,” Hunter said.

“I can’t thank ‘Fly’ enough for his support over the past two years and for encouraging me to apply for this position.

“Tomorrow we begin the VFLW recruitment process, before the season commences in May.

“It marks an exciting time for myself personally, but also for the Club and its members and supporters, who can now proudly follow a Richmond female football side.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-11-10/tigers-appoint-inaugural-vflw-coach

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 06:57:32 PM »
Great appointment

Terrific young bloke is Tom

Would have made it at AFL level but for the neck injury. A very nasty injury the last one
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 03:02:17 PM »
Awesome.  I have seen a lot of women taking up footy from other backgrounds recently, which is awesome for our sport. 
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 02:57:04 AM »
Dan Richardson filled a different role in Saturday as he acted as a talent scout for the first round of the club’s VFLW team trials alongside general manager of football Neil Balme and list manager Blair Hartley.

Richmond has appointed former Collingwood rookie Tom Hunter as coach of the team which is its first step towards it entering an AFLW side from 2020.

“I think we intentionally swayed more to the younger age bracket,” Richardson said of the trial.

“Hopefully we can introduce some girls to the program next year and the year after and some of those will come through and be potentially good AFLW players in a couple of years’ time.”

Source: Herald-Sun website

----------------------------------

"Exciting times at Tigerland 🐯 a few snaps from @RichmondVFL’s #VFLW Talent ID Day 📸"

Pics: https://twitter.com/CameronEGrimes/status/929571168088031232

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 09:51:40 AM »
Awesome.  I have seen a lot of women taking up footy from other backgrounds recently, which is awesome for our sport.

Agreed. I’ll get behind the tiger chix.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 10:34:50 AM »

a lot of us would like to be there too!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 02:29:10 PM »

Okay well I guess I'll take the front

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 02:34:57 PM »
 :lol

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 03:08:52 PM »
Too bad most of them don't fancy Willy..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 05:14:08 PM »
It's treated like working with minority groups and disabled children.

Everyone get behind these duds because they're women but don't tell them.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 06:20:17 PM »
VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2017-11-16/vflw-talent-day

Richmond has begun its search for the Club’s inaugural group of VFLW players.

Following the appointment of Tom Hunter as VFLW and Academy coach, the Tigers held a Talent Day at the Swinburne Centre last Saturday.

About 70 participants, who travelled from various areas across Victoria, attended the skills and match simulation session.

They trained under the watchful eyes of Richmond’s general manager – football Neil Balme, general manager – football talent Dan Richardson and list manager Blair Hartley.

Richmond's AFLW football operations manager Kate Sheahan said it was a highly successful event.

“We were very pleased with the level of skills on display," Sheahan said.

“To see so many determined and passionate female footballers was also exciting for the Club as we establish a VFLW program.

"The response from the participants was overwhelmingly positive - they felt we provided a supportive and inclusive environment."

The Club will next hold a VFLW Talent Day at Bendigo's Queen Elizabeth Oval on Friday, December 15.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-11-15/vflw-talent-day

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 07:56:05 PM »

Okay well I guess I'll take the front

:lol we can high five.