Author Topic: Noah Balta - 100th game this week [merged]  (Read 148563 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #825 on: June 02, 2024, 05:29:42 PM »
Premiership defender.

Enough said. Leave him back and draft bloody fwds.
Go Tigers!

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #826 on: June 05, 2024, 04:43:30 PM »
After watching Cameron on the wing and Remembering Richo on the wing I like the idea of Balta on the wing? Might be with a try

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #827 on: June 05, 2024, 05:44:10 PM »
Richo on the wing was a one off freak and we've been looking for another one ever since....the closest to another would've been Franklin but two separate clubs never seriously tried him there which is testament to how out of the box Richo was....like everyone else I've toyed with the idea but Balta has neither the tank nor smarts for the wing....is under utilised in the ruck though IMO....that's the first place I'd move him if you wanted to mix things up...but he's a defender first & foremost and always will be... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #828 on: June 05, 2024, 05:53:28 PM »
Richo on the wing was a one off freak and we've been looking for another one ever since....the closest to another would've been Franklin but two separate clubs never seriously tried him there which is testament to how out of the box Richo was....like everyone else I've toyed with the idea but Balta has neither the tank nor smarts for the wing....is under utilised in the ruck though IMO....that's the first place I'd move him if you wanted to mix things up...but he's a defender first & foremost and always will be... :shh
Yes I do think he is a defender, but why not put him on the wing for a 1/4 or 2, could not do any harm especially this week end

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #829 on: June 05, 2024, 10:14:26 PM »
If any one asked me what is his best position id say defender its a no brainer.
If anyone asked me where he is most needed because of a lack of other options it has to be as a forward.

Until we actually find another HIGH quality kpf to go with big Tom, who lets face it is already 32, so we need to be looking for TWO high quality kpf's then Noah is better value to the team as a fwd just for now.
My vision at one stage was Balta Gibcus  Bauer  Miller as our options going forward and i have to say id love for that to be the case throw in two kids i like and think will be very good LONG TERM Smith and Tezise we have the pieces for a long term succesful back line already.

Circumstance says for now we have to change that backline because of the dire straights of the forward line. there is only big Tom Lynch who is 32 and the injuries are coming regularly. Seriously ask what else is there its not hard to answer. We dont have an option but play Noah forward AT THE  FREAKIN MOMENT.

Very few if ever tall defenders go on to become good key forwards. Noah imo can be very good at both ends.He is an exception. A lot of tall forwards have gone on to become very good key defenders. Think about the point being made here.

Offline Wazza

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #830 on: June 05, 2024, 10:16:00 PM »
Well let's just play him in the guts. Can't be any worse than Dow  :rollin

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #831 on: June 05, 2024, 10:41:19 PM »
Well let's just play him in the guts. Can't be any worse than Dow  :rollin
We have a kid who can play there in McAuliffe bout time we gave that kid a bit of help which excludes Dow.

Given the injuries to our talls and the types that are left where do you think Noah is best suited to a developing team for the rest of this year.

Atm we actually have plenty of options to try as defenders, but very few realistic tall options forward.

I laugh at the fools who talk about development and structure and are so unrealistic about it as they go.

We need at the absolute minimum some tall fwds with some experience there and an abilityb to at least compete Balta at a minimum offers this. What is a better option for this week.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #832 on: June 06, 2024, 08:41:11 AM »
“I laugh at the fools”….

:lol

Do you ever stop touching yourself?

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #833 on: June 06, 2024, 08:49:57 AM »
Balta should play backline with Miller and Blight.

Gray will have to go forward with Ryan or Kosi or both, who can both ruck relief.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #834 on: June 06, 2024, 10:07:09 AM »

I laugh at the fools who talk about development and structure and are so unrealistic about it as they go.

And you wonder why people have a go at you?

Just because people don't agree with you doesn't make them fools  >:( You cannot resist dishing out a subtle whack, belittling

Your opinion and that's all it is, your opinion. Doesn't make it right, doesn't make it wrong but it seems in your world it's your way or the highway

Here's a tip ....

Quit with the uncalled for insults and stick to giving an opinion
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #835 on: June 06, 2024, 01:48:56 PM »
“I laugh at the fools”….

:lol

Do you ever stop touching yourself?

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #836 on: June 06, 2024, 02:38:34 PM »

Just because people don't agree with you doesn't make them fools  >:( You cannot resist dishing out a subtle whack, belittling

Your opinion and that's all it is, your opinion. Doesn't make it right, doesn't make it wrong but it seems in your world it's your way or the highway

Here's a tip ....

What a crock of poo. There are dick heads here who are always dishing out the insults and never a word said. How about applying that tip to everyone.

While im copping it i will give it back.
If you want to ban me so be it, i don't really care but if you do, just for once  apply the same to the others who do nothing but take cheap shots all the time.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #837 on: June 06, 2024, 05:09:23 PM »

Here's a tip ....

What a crock of poo. There are dick heads here who are always dishing out the insults and never a word said. How about applying that tip to everyone.

If you want to ban me so be it, i don't really care but if you do, just for once  apply the same to the others who do nothing but take cheap shots all the time.
WP calls out others quite frequently, DIO and Franky Hack to name a couple.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #838 on: June 06, 2024, 05:33:14 PM »

I won't even bother justifying your rant with a response
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #839 on: June 06, 2024, 05:55:11 PM »
No comment