Author Topic: Noah Balta [merged]  (Read 118229 times)

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #420 on: March 07, 2022, 03:24:20 PM »
If Balta keeps this up, I wouldn't be surprised to see Riewoldt or Lynch play 2s at some stage this season.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #421 on: March 07, 2022, 08:59:41 PM »
Richmond assistant coach Adam Kingsley liked what he saw from Balta as a forward.

“We thought his ability to compete, to bring the ball to ground and bring our crumbers into play was really strong,” Kingsley said.

“Obviously, he’s made an AFL name for himself as a backman, and been really important for us, but we feel like we can stretch opposition with the three keys – Jack, Tom and Noah.

“His aerial stuff is really important and his ground-level stuff is really good for a big guy.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-richmonds-noah-balta-set-to-kick-goals-rather-than-save-them-in-2022-as-tigers-reinvent-forward-line/news-story/09f0e9ad89f926b1b74b35425be4e6fd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #422 on: March 09, 2022, 02:48:57 AM »
Dimma on Talking Tigers said there's no guarantee Balta will play forward. We know he's a good defender but it's good to have that option and so far we like what's he's done up there. We felt there was a gap between Jack & Lynch to our next forward in Samson Ryan. Touchwood this doesn't happen but we asked ourselves if one of Jack or Lynch goes down what have we got? We picked up Gibcus who is a young talented back, so we've trained Noah up forward.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #423 on: March 09, 2022, 08:04:54 PM »
"I think every fan of footy that's watched Noah play is he is such a great athlete and putting that into attack is really exciting," Grimes said.

"The flexibility that Robbie Tarrant brings us by coming in as a senior back has probably freed up that move a little more. But on the weekend, it's a pretty potent deep three forwards to match up on when you've got Lynch, Riewoldt and Balta all competing and competing well.

"I'm really excited by what Noah can do. The ceiling hasn't been set yet with where he can take his career. Hopefully 2022 we can finally see what he can do."

Source: AFL website

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #424 on: March 09, 2022, 08:24:04 PM »
Geez i hope they use their cahoonas and don't pike out because of a few injuries.

Stick to the plan and bloody hell show some faith in Miller and Gibcus to fill in and do a job. Bottom line is they have the option of changing it up if Miller or Gibcus struggle.

If we don"t start putting some faith in the younger blokes and giving them a proper go at least when injuries happen then we are gunna end up like wce.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #425 on: March 10, 2022, 05:28:57 AM »
Geez i hope they use their cahoonas and don't pike out because of a few injuries.

Stick to the plan and bloody hell show some faith in Miller and Gibcus to fill in and do a job. Bottom line is they have the option of changing it up if Miller or Gibcus struggle.

If we don"t start putting some faith in the younger blokes and giving them a proper go at least when injuries happen then we are gunna end up like wce.
Spot on Claw

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #426 on: March 10, 2022, 05:10:47 PM »
Not just that but did you see the goals he kicked? If we don't play this guy forward I will slap Hardwick. Fmd

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #427 on: March 10, 2022, 06:21:05 PM »
Not just that but did you see the goals he kicked? If we don't play this guy forward I will slap Hardwick. Fmd

Will be good to watch.

WTF are the opposition going to about a Fwd that can kick goals from 60m.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #428 on: March 10, 2022, 07:18:02 PM »
The odds would suggest that Lynchey and Jack will have injuries which will mean Balta will play forward. All part of the development as others will also get their opportunities .

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #429 on: March 10, 2022, 10:36:13 PM »
I love Balta forward but with Grimes and Vlastin out and Carlton having one of the tallest forward setups it wouldn't be surprised if he didn't go back. That's the beauty of having players like him who have the ability to do both. Playing the role that is needed the most is more important than anything even though I would love to see him running defenders ragged.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #430 on: March 10, 2022, 11:38:12 PM »
That's a good point fluff and tbh I sorta forgot no Grimes.

We'd be looking at probably Tarrant, Miller and Gibcus otherwise...plus broad.

Otherwise I'd happily see Nank drop back when Soldo rucks.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #431 on: March 10, 2022, 11:59:25 PM »
Lots of talk about Balta up forward, but I'd love to see Bolton play as a small CHF!  Balta can swing forward & back, but I see our smalls forwards (Bolton, Titch & George) as our best option & some chaos footy as our greatest weapon ... do whatever they hate the most!      :clapping
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #432 on: March 11, 2022, 02:53:04 AM »
Lots of talk about Balta up forward, but I'd love to see Bolton play as a small CHF!  Balta can swing forward & back, but I see our smalls forwards (Bolton, Titch & George) as our best option & some chaos footy as our greatest weapon ... do whatever they hate the most!      :clapping

I like Baker forward too

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #433 on: March 11, 2022, 08:45:25 AM »
With the absence of Grimes we can always keep Balta as key back and throw young Gibcus forward as third tall and he can spend the whole game practicing taking mark of the year  :rollin
If he doesn’t take the mark as you have noted we have the smalls to do the damage at ground level.

It’s a win win.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #434 on: March 13, 2022, 03:24:28 AM »
One thing that stands out with Balta's 3 goals against Hawthorn is they were all different including using both feet (1st and 3rd on his right and the 2nd on his left).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grnjYI2gxhs