Author Topic: Can the Tigers go back to back?  (Read 440 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Can the Tigers go back to back?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 02:28:40 PM »
Of course we can.

We have an injury run like we did last season,  then most definitely

But we need the next wave to come through. Agree with MT, the 22 that played on GF last year arent going to be there if we make the GF in 2018.

Rrally looking forward to see how the ones who missed in 17 step up in 2018. Mrakov, C Ellis, Short, intwreated to see how they go. Looking forward to see how much Bolton, Garthwaite improve. Then there is Miles, the one that really intrigues me the most, can he get back to best 22?

Huge year coming up, massive expectations on so many different levels.

Bring it on  :gotigers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Can the Tigers go back to back?
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2018, 12:18:10 AM »
Jude Bolton way too early AFL predictions for 2018

Jude Bolton
ESPN AFL Columnist
Jan 11, 2018

After two incredible fairytale premiership wins, fans from all clubs -- well, maybe not North Melbourne, Gold Coast or Carlton supporters -- will be dreaming of experiencing the same glory in 2018. It's shaping up as another hugely even season, with as many as 14 potential finalists in my opinion.

I'm predicting an all-Sydney grand final, with the Swans no doubt driven by their horror start and finish to last season, while their 'younger brothers' across town are dripping with talent across every line, and are ready to go one better after deep September campaigns in the previous two years.

So, will your club improve, tread water or fall away next season? Here's my way-too-early predictions for each team.

RICHMOND

Pinch yourselves Tigers fans, not since 1981 have you started a season as the 'reigning premiers'.

After what was a dream run, Damien Hardwick now has a list that is cohesive and evenly poised to press again. On the back of strong front half pressure and leadership they unlocked what was missing to dominate throughout September and deliver big time.

Can they maintain the rage and deal with newfound pressure? A huge membership base has awoken - this is going to be fun to watch!

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/22011329/jude-bolton-way-too-early-afl-predictions-2018