Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 408015 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tom Lynch [merged]
« Reply #1575 on: April 04, 2020, 04:48:01 AM »
Given the challenges of isolation, the current crisis has only put life into perspective for Richmond's Tom Lynch.

It's been a whirlwind six months for the Tigers and no-one knows what the next six will bring.

@coreynorris9 #9News

Watch here: https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1245982418336649220

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1576 on: April 20, 2020, 01:59:58 AM »
That's Good for Footy's HOMEISO show with Damo & Tom Lynch from the Richmond FC April 6th 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdZ1dAKKtL8

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1577 on: April 23, 2020, 06:40:52 PM »
Lynch's turn tonight on Ch 7's sports report. Apparently he's training with Dusty.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1578 on: April 23, 2020, 07:01:34 PM »
Lynch on Ch 7 tonight:

* We've been ramping up our training expecting a return next month.

* As well as training on his own, Lynch has been training with Caddy and Dusty. Dusty is ripped.

* Tom is doing a degree in the business of sports management as well.

* Would advocate all games being played at the MCG as it would suit us  ;D.

* Loves playing in front of the Tiger Army but has no problems playing in an empty stadium as he just wants footy to restart.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1579 on: April 23, 2020, 10:27:17 PM »
Toms learning fast :snidegrin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1580 on: May 22, 2020, 05:57:18 PM »
Tom Lynch chats to @FOXFOOTY as the playing group prepares for the season to restart.

Watch here: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/693375/lynch-on-returning-to-football

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1581 on: May 22, 2020, 07:49:56 PM »
Tom Lynch chats to @FOXFOOTY as the playing group prepares for the season to restart.

Watch here: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/693375/lynch-on-returning-to-football

“I definitely feel better at the start of the season compared to the start of the season last year,” Lynch told ‘Fox Footy'.

“By the end of the season I was feeling really good, though, in terms of my knee and overall fitness.”

“I love playing with him [Jack Riewoldt],” Lynch said.

“It was a massive drawcard to play alongside him when I came to Richmond. And it’s just been great to learn so much off him . . . Hopefully I help him out as well.

“We’ve spent a full summer together, which has been great. We’re doing another pre-season now together.

“So we’ll continue to get better . . . I think we really understand our strengths and weaknesses, and our leading patterns have become pretty good.

“We’ve managed to gel pretty quickly . . .

“He missed a few games last year, but by the back-end I thought we were working together really well.”

Full article: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/693479/lynch-looking-forward-to-riewoldt-partnership-thriving

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1582 on: June 11, 2020, 11:13:02 PM »
Lynch and his mob

Lynch wrenched Richmond back into the game in the second quarter after the Magpies had decisively the better of the play in the opening term. The first goal was from a free, the second a regulation lead and mark when he wrong-footed the Magpies backs.

But the killer was the third goal just before half-time after De Goey had taken a set shot at the other end from too far out and left it on the goal line to be easily rushed. Richmond took the quick, kick in and in the first Richmond, looking bit of play for the night the ball, was spirited up the ground to bobble into Lynch's hands for a third goal. The only thing missing was a roar.

Source: The Age

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1583 on: June 15, 2020, 06:22:09 PM »
Any truth to Lynch going in for some scans??
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1584 on: June 15, 2020, 06:41:33 PM »
Yes according to Ch 9 news. But they haven't yet said what for.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1585 on: June 15, 2020, 07:26:03 PM »
Yes according to Ch 9 news. But they haven't yet said what for.
In for a "check up".

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1586 on: June 16, 2020, 11:11:30 AM »
I saw something on facebook saying he was in doubt but this is reassuring.

https://www.begadistrictnews.com.au/story/6794484/tigers-lynch-clear-to-face-hawks/?cs=4783
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1587 on: June 16, 2020, 12:23:36 PM »
Richmond forward with soreness ahead of Hawthorn clash

By Sam Edmund
SEN
16 June 2020

RICHMOND spearhead Tom Lynch is carrying some ankle soreness into Thursday night’s Round 3 clash against Hawthorn.

Lynch has been diagnosed with low grade bone stress in his ankle but the Tigers remain confident he will be fine to play after having scans yesterday.

The Tigers say the injury is at the real low end and despite the soreness and the game being only two days away, believe he'll be running out against the Hawks.

Furthermore, Lynch says he'll be good to take on the Hawks at the MCG.

"I had a bit of a scan on my foot yesterday but it's all good," he said.

"I think the doc is just being a bit cautious but I'll play this week so nothing to see here."

Quote from: Sam Edmund
    RICHMOND spearhead Tom Lynch in some sort of doubt for Thursday night’s clash against Hawthorn with an ankle injury. Nothing disastrous, but Lynch has been diagnosed with low grade bone stress in his ankle.

Richmond confident Lynch will be fine to play after scans on ankle yesterday. Tigers say injury is at the real low end and despite the soreness and the game being only two days away, believe he'll be running out against the Hawks.

https://twitter.com/Sammy__Edmund 

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/06/15/richmond-forward-in-doubt-for-hawthorn-clash/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1588 on: June 16, 2020, 12:25:28 PM »
Tiger Lynch dismisses ankle concerns, will face Hawks

Jon Pierik
The Age
16 June 2020

Richmond star Tom Lynch has declared he will play in Thursday night's clash against Hawthorn and is keen to continue helping out as a relief ruckman.

Lynch had scans on his ankle on Monday, with suggestions he had a stress issue, but insisted on Tuesday it was not a major problem and he would be available for selection.

"I just a bit of scan on my foot but it's all good. I think the doctor was being a bit cautious but I will play this week," he said.

"It's nothing to see here, really."

"It was just the foot. The doctor just wanted to make sure it's all clear, but I'll be fine. I'm training today and I'm playing this weekend, so I'm not worried at all."

The smooth-moving forward booted three of the Tigers' five goals in the draw against Collingwood when the AFL season resumed last Thursday and is a key cog of the Tigers' hopes of claiming back-to-back premierships. He booted 63 goals last year in his first season at Punt Road but was held goalless by Carlton in round one.

As Magpies coach Nathan Buckley said, it was somewhat of a "bizarre" feeling at the MCG, the unexpected result coming in a largely empty stadium after the players had an enforced 83-day break.

"I have played in one draw before. It is certainly a different feeling. We obviously want to win but it was better than a loss at the end of the day," Lynch said.

"We have a fair bit of improvement left in us. The main thing we saw was a lack of connection across the lines. Obviously, we have had limited training groups, that all clubs have been going through. There were plenty of positives in it and negatives as well."

Lynch said players were adjusting to the COVID-19 restrictions imposed at venues but hoped supporters would be allowed back in soon.

"Last year there was 90,000 there, in a couple of games we played them [Collingwood], so it is, obviously, different," he said.

"But I think round one was a bit more of a shock than round two felt. It was as normal as you can say in this weird climate. We are getting used to it."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/tiger-lynch-dismisses-ankle-concerns-will-face-hawks-20200616-p55305.html
https://www.afl.com.au/news/449952/-nothing-to-see-key-tiger-shrugs-off-foot-concerns-dismisses-reports
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 01:29:20 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1589 on: June 17, 2020, 08:06:47 AM »
They need to be careful with Tom. This season is a dud season anyway no need to risk our players.