Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 409726 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tom Lynch [merged]
« Reply #1590 on: June 17, 2020, 08:47:29 AM »
Hmmm still a cup up for grabs when we are in the zone

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1591 on: June 17, 2020, 09:06:54 AM »
Yeah I doubt the players will be seeing it as a dud season once finals come around.

We may even have crowds by then.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Star Tiger Tom Lynch in mad dash to Gold Coast after hand surgery (afl site)
« Reply #1592 on: July 06, 2020, 01:40:17 PM »
Star Tiger in mad dash to Gold Coast after surgery

By Damian Barrett
afl.com.au
6 July 2020

RICHMOND forward Tom Lynch plans to make a private dash to the Tigers’ Gold Coast hub on Monday night after having surgery on a broken hand.

Lynch broke his right hand early in Sunday’s match against Melbourne, but played out the game while other key Tigers Trent Cotchin (hamstring), Dion Prestia (ankle) and Toby Nankervis (ankle) suffered serious ailments.

It is believed that despite the surgery requirements, Lynch is hopeful of playing in Sunday’s match against Sydney at the Gabba.

Provided Lynch checks into the team facility by midnight Monday, he will be able to serve, alongside his teammates, a Queensland Government requirement of 14 days of "isolation" as per COVID-19 regulations.

The Queensland government has allowed special dispensation for AFL clubs to train and play inside those 14 days. But if Lynch failed to arrive at the club’s hub facility by midnight Monday, a "re-set" on that 14 days for the entire group would be required from the time he did check-in.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/462394/star-tiger-in-mad-dash-to-gold-coast-after-surgery

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1593 on: July 06, 2020, 06:56:58 PM »
Ch 7 news has vision of Lynch and Benny Gale flying off in a private jet tonight. They have to be in Qld before midnight tonight.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1280061528889151495

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1594 on: July 07, 2020, 08:00:11 PM »
Richmond is refusing to rule Tom Lynch out of Sunday's clash against Sydney.

7NEWS.com.au @FootyRhino #7AFL #7NEWS

Watch here: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1280424862759043083

Lynch was training today with his hand all bandaged. It was a light session so they didn't do much. Our docs are hoping the extra time until Sunday when we play will give Lynch a chance to come up.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tom Lynch: I’m 50-50 to play Sunday (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1595 on: July 08, 2020, 06:25:32 PM »
Lynch: I’m 50-50 to play Sunday

Russell Gould
News.com.au
8 July 2020

Richmond forward Tom Lynch hasn’t ruled himself out of Sunday’s clash with Sydney despite having surgery to repair his broken hand on Monday.

The premiership star had to make a mad dash to get to Queensland on Monday before borders closed, just hours after getting out of surgery.

Lynch had a whirlwind start to the week, with early morning scans after kicking three goals against Melbourne, then a three-hour operation at 1.30pm.

He only had time to go home and pack a bag before getting on a special chartered flight, with club CEO Brendon Gale, to join the Tigers’ quarantine hub on the Gold Coast.

If he didn’t get there by Monday night, he would not have been allowed to join his teammates.

“I had scans early Monday morning, then spoke to the doc and he wanted to do surgery then and there. He wanted to do it in Melbourne,” Lynch said.

“I went in at 1.30, got out of hospital at about 4.30, went straight home, got a bag and went straight to the airport.”

Lynch, who played out the game last Sunday with a glove on his hand, was only able to run on Wednesday but hoped to step up his training and push his case to play the Swans.

But he also conceded he was only a 50-50 chance.

“I did a bit of running today which went well. I can run with a broken hand,” he said.

“Hopefully, I can train Friday and press to play Sunday.

“The doc was 50-50 at the moment, but hopefully, I get up for it.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond/afl-2020-tigers-forward-hopes-broken-hand-doesnt-keep-him-out/news-story/2284ee88aab19fbdfac759a370290350

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1596 on: July 08, 2020, 08:38:06 PM »
Showed him again Ch7 news

Was doing everything one handed

Would be surprised if he gets up

But stranger things have happened
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1597 on: July 09, 2020, 06:34:11 PM »
The newses tonight showed vision of Lynch training one-handed still but without his crook hand completely bandaged.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1598 on: July 10, 2020, 02:41:40 PM »
Gun Richmond forward Tom Lynch 'probable' chance to play days after finger surgery

By Ayrton Woolley
Nine
10 July 2020

Just days after undergoing surgery on his finger, Richmond spearhead Tom Lynch put that same hand up to play against Sydney on Sunday.

Wearing a protective glove, Lynch was put to the test during the Tigers' main session on the Gold Coast.

He completed most of the full ground drills and more than 10 minutes of individual ball work under the watchful eye of Tigers coach Damien Hardwick.

While handballing seemed to cause him some discomfort, and his ball drop was slightly affected, most importantly Lynch appeared untroubled marking the footy.

Hardwick says his key man exceeded expectations and has now gone from "doubtful" to "probable" for the clash with the Swans at the Gabba.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/richmond-tigers-tom-lynch-trains-after-finger-surgery/6339e4cc-5447-41a3-8e35-961bed19ca80

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1599 on: July 10, 2020, 02:46:29 PM »
Lynch looks set to run out there for the Tigers after training on Friday, just four days after having hand surgery following Sunday's win over Melbourne.

"He did the vast majority [of the session] actually which surprised and he's exceeded expectations. He's gone from a doubtful to a probable which is a great result for us," Hardwick said.

"He's an incredibly brave and tough character."

Source: AFL website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1600 on: July 10, 2020, 06:58:05 PM »
“The injury occurred in probably the first two minutes of the game (against Melbourne). And to play with no injection, it just shows the strength of the man.

“It will be up to the doctors in regard to the health of the wound. That will be what determines whether he plays or not.”

Source: Foxsports

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1601 on: July 18, 2020, 07:13:51 PM »
No glove this week by the look of it. Just some padding.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1602 on: July 18, 2020, 08:42:17 PM »
No glove this week by the look of it. Just some padding.

Nope still wearing a glove

Has the fingers tips cut out
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 12:54:01 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1603 on: July 19, 2020, 02:55:30 AM »
Yep I should've waited until the match started b4 posting that :p. He wasn't wearing the glove during the pre-game warm up. 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1604 on: August 04, 2020, 11:49:17 PM »
'He’s got his mojo back': Big Tiger gets aggressive

Tom Lynch fires up for Richmond with three goals against Brisbane

Michael Whiting
afl.com.au
5 August 2020

TOM LYNCH has his mojo back, says Richmond coach Damien Hardwick.

In a scary sight for rival clubs, Lynch kicked three goals and had the better of Virgin Australia AFL All-Australian defender Harris Andrews in the opening half of the Tigers' 41-point win over Brisbane on Tuesday night.

Alongside fellow spearhead Jack Riewoldt, who broke his 2020 slump with four goals, Richmond's forward line looked potent.

It was Lynch that got the ball rolling, staying down twice when Andrews failed to spoil effectively for two first-quarter goals and then adding a third in the next quarter when he out-muscled the Lion.

The former Gold Coast captain got involved in plenty of push-and-shove as well, an aggressive element that Hardwick liked.

"It's when he plays his best footy, he's physical," Hardwick said.

"For a guy that is such a nice person off the field, he’s quite aggressive.

"I didn’t realise he was that sort of player. The way he hits the ball, he jumps into contests.

"He’s got his mojo back, he’s aggressive and that’s the way we like him."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/480617/-he-s-got-his-mojo-back-big-tiger-gets-aggressive