Author Topic: Hearld Sun Super Coach  (Read 7135 times)

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
Re: Hearld Sun Super Coach
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 08:34:48 PM »
  ;D
You are killing us Fluff.

I will using up my last 6 trades the next 3 weeks to try and get back into the top8 of the league

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2006, 09:18:03 PM »
wish i was playing you this week :lol
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 12:18:15 PM »
Iv'e got the Fluff this week. Really don't like my chances. He could have half his team out suspended and still beat anyone.
I'm hoping a few of his players have a quiet one.

Be gentle with my percentage fluff, as it's all that's keeping me safe from the 'outside of the 8 wolves'

Would you be interested in a little Serie A match fixing??  :lol 

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 02:31:52 PM »
I don't hink here is this best spot to discuss possible results of future games. :shh

I would sugest Private Message as the way to do it if you were that way inclined.

There is no way I would respond to such a PM if by some chance I got one though.  ;)

As for a few of my players having a quiet game,  well I can name three for sure. >:( (and they are all backmen so there is no way to even field a full team)
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2006, 05:50:38 PM »
I'm tanking  ;D

Bet everyone is spewing Joel is out this week. Everyone's score will drop by 200 points lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 08:34:27 PM »
 :help

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2006, 09:02:35 AM »
Well I guess that's one thing in my favour never having Joel in my team. If I can keep fluff to under 2000 points and play one of my best for the season I'm in with a chance.  :pray

I knew you wouldn't fix fluff as you are going for gold in the top 200. well done.  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Joel A-grade dreamteamer (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2006, 02:01:41 AM »
SuperCoach: Yellow and crack
08 August 2006   Herald-Sun
Matthew Pinkney

THEY may be on a four-match losing streak and almost certain to miss the eight, but one thing the Tigers can boast is an A-grade SuperCoach points machine.

With an average of 128 points a round, Joel Bowden has been the model of consistency, breaking the ton in 13 of his 17 games.

On Saturday he capped a remarkable year by racking up 34 possessions and a season-high 196 points.

Bowden's consistency and flexibility -- he can be chosen as either a back or in the centre -- has had him selected by almost 22,000 SuperCoaches.

And by scoring heavily, even when the Tigers lose, he's proved he is no frontrunner.

Because he averaged a highly respectable 110 points a game in 2005, Bowden's value has only increased by $51,000 this season, making him comparatively affordable and a good buy for cashed-up private league finalists.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20049621%255E19742,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
SuperCoach: Enigma of Richo returns
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 02:18:19 AM »
SuperCoach: Enigma of Richo returns
29 August 2006   
Herald-Sun
Matthew Pinkney

NINE goals, 19 marks, 21 kicks and nowhere near enough respect.

Matthew Richardson's one-man show at the MCG on Saturday night earned him 247 Champion Data points and lifted him to third place on the all-time points charts.

His score eclipsed the combined total of seven Essendon players, a group that included Dean Rioli, Chris Heffernan, Dean Solomon and Mark Bolton.

And yet for all his pyrotechnics, Richo features in just 3846 SuperCoach teams. This puts him behind players such as West Coast's Michael Embley (6916 selections and zero points), Port's Hugh Minson (6216 selections, zero points) and St Kilda's Fergus Watts (8309 selections, 41 points).

Sure, Richo is a fair bit more expensive than those guys, but before his value spiked on the back of Saturday's performance, he was around the same price as many other similarly performed players.

It's one of the great SuperCoach conundrums. While the stats tell one story, the selectors tell another.

For much of his career, Richardson has been regarded as not only inconsistent, but capable of playing a stinker -- dummy spits, plenty of bench time and inflammatory gestures to opposition fans.

Yet apart from an ordinary streak mid-season, the big Tiger has been a consistent performer -- exemplified by his string of 100 points-plus games in the past five weeks.

Clearly, his modest SuperCoach status is a question of perception rather than fact.

And on perceptions, one of the most common is that a woman's interest in, and knowledge of, footy is fundamentally different to a man's.

Yes, it's a massive bonus to have a wife or girlfriend who excitedly stocks the beer fridge in preparation for the Friday night game on the tube, but don't you really need another bloke there to discuss strategy and tactics?

Well, the fallacy of this has been exposed time and again. While they represent just 10 per cent of players, female SuperCoaches have been consistently in the top players.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20282032%255E19742,00.html

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 08:10:13 PM »
News flash

Fluffy Tigers go down in knockout prelim final.    :gobdrop

And you guys said I had it wrapped up  :P  Some of my guys just cracked under the preasure of a knockout match. I know there will be a very serious look at the list for next season and many WILL be cut.

Anyway good luck to Terrance taking on my wife (Rhonda) in the Final.  Shes been betting on big weeks by Richo in the last month and has been correct. He wouldn't be in the Fluffy Tigers though (maybe I am wrong about him).
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2006, 06:04:51 AM »
Commiserations Fluffy. :o

My Coffs Tigers fell victim to Rhonda's superior list management. :bow

Also congratulations to Terrence on his comeback. :clapping

All the best to both finalists :thumbsup

Looking forward to next years draft :lol :thumbsup