Author Topic: “I think we can surprise a few”: Benny Gale on SEN  (Read 500 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
“I think we can surprise a few”: Benny Gale on SEN
« on: February 10, 2024, 10:15:51 AM »
Benny Gale on SEN:

Listen to full interview here: https://megaphone.link/NTETP8205690808

-----------------------------------------------------------------

“I THINK WE CAN SURPRISE A FEW”: THE MAN GALE IS TIPPING TO LEAD TIGERS’ PUSH TO DEFY DOUBTERS

By Seb Mottram
SEN
9 February 2024

Richmond CEO Brendon Gale says Adem Yze’s attitude and enthusiasm at Punt Road are driving the Tigers in 2024.

Referencing the club’s long time former coach Damien Hardwick, Gale suggested Yze’s “excitement and energy” has the club believing they can defy the doubters.

Hardwick departed Tigerland after Round 10 last year citing burnout after a club record 307 games in charge and three premierships.

His departure and a perceived absence of young talent at Richmond has seen the likes of Kane Cornes, Josh Jenkins and others suggest the cliff is near for the Tigers.

Gale has only ever known Hardwick as a coach with the two men coming to Richmond just months apart in 2010, but the chief executive has been taken by Yze’s impressive start to senior coaching.

“I guess I’m a naturally optimistic person, I think you have to be,” Gale said about Richmond’s upcoming campaign on SEN’s Whateley.

“But the one thing that is becoming apparent is just the excitement and the energy from the coach.

“Really we’ve known one coach and that’s Damien. We’ve got a coach who is obviously very capable but he’s missed out on a couple of opportunities before and he’s got his opportunity at Richmond.

“I can see the energy and enthusiasm and with the capability and experience… it’s infectious, I’m really feeling it as well.

“We’ve got a lot of good players still, we’ve had a look at youth in the last couple of years, we need a bit of luck and some key players on the park playing and I think we’ll surprise a few people.”

Yze had previously fallen narrowly short in the race for head coach at both GWS and Essendon.

He’s already foreshadowed numerous positional changes for his charges, including returning Dustin Martin to a pure midfield role and sending swingman Noah Balta forward.

Fans will get their first insight into Yze’s game plan when Richmond plays Collingwood in their first Community Series game, a clash that will raise funds for Foodbank.

The Tigers then face former coach Hardwick when taking on the Gold Coast Suns in Opening Round.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/02/08/i-think-we-can-surprise-a-few-the-man-gale-is-tipping-to-lead-tigers-push-to/

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: “I think we can surprise a few”: Benny Gale on SEN
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 07:45:48 PM »
I’m so excited
I just can’t hide it
I’m about to lose control
And I think I like it

On ya Benny, love it