Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2018  (Read 26037 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Non-Richmond games 2018
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2018, 05:44:02 PM »
They actually thought they were close to a flag and with the media hyping them up as contenders :wallywink, the Dons topped up rather than addressing their needs. I remember tweeting to Rohan Connolly in December that Stringer, Smith and Saad would do nothing to solve their midfield woes and if he believed they would then he was living in fairyland. He didn't like it lol.

Welcome to reality, Bombers! :rollin
I remember reading that and thoroughly enjoying the back and forth MT.

Amazing stuff.

Here's a lol:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10212058717318507&set=a.1628998280122.2076286.1091534337&type=3

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2018, 05:44:40 PM »
I just had a read of bomberblitz. As someone who like most of you copped it from those imbeciles, it was great reading. There not as good as us at the vitriol but they'll get there, they have years of mediocrity and practice ahead of them and they'll improve. It was good for a laugh though.

You should set up an account on there Ramps and kick off a complete rebuild is needed thread

dwaino

« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2018, 05:51:19 PM »
Was it Rohan Connolly that had them as top 4? A couple weeks ago on 360 Robbo said it must be the coaching as the list is too good.

Time to wake up. The list is awful and the handful of good players are horribly overrated. Nobody overrates their own list like Essendon do. They are cult like they way they all sip the coolaid.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2018, 06:18:19 PM »
King tipped them for the flag.....  :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2018, 07:51:42 PM »
Poor old Crows, fought back from 3 goals down in the final quarter to get in front with a minute or so left and then lose it

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2018, 10:33:45 PM »
thanks mightytiges. a good read. They as a club look like they are gonna be down the bottom for years.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2018, 10:37:45 PM »
The Bummer's do overrate their list true.  I remember during the compromised drafts they just didn't draft. They thought they had the kids but it was obvious to all they needed more talent. Seemed strange to me.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2018, 01:10:34 AM »
They actually thought they were close to a flag and with the media hyping them up as contenders :wallywink, the Dons topped up rather than addressing their needs. I remember tweeting to Rohan Connolly in December that Stringer, Smith and Saad would do nothing to solve their midfield woes and if he believed they would then he was living in fairyland. He didn't like it lol.

Welcome to reality, Bombers! :rollin
I remember reading that and thoroughly enjoying the back and forth MT.

Amazing stuff.

Here's a lol:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10212058717318507&set=a.1628998280122.2076286.1091534337&type=3
I can't get the link to work, Dougey. Is it referring to this?

https://www.zerohanger.com/watch-bombers-fan-burns-essendon-merchandise-outside-the-mcg-19892/
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2018, 01:04:14 PM »
Bomber fans I see are at either stages 1 or 2. A couple more losses in the coming weeks and they'll move onto the other stages of anger, embarrassment and indifference lol.

They and the Essendon sycophants in the media were always deluded in believing Stringer, Smith and Saad would make the Bombers a top 4 side and premiership contenders :lol :facepalm. Whereas Nank, Caddy & Prestia more than filled desperate needs for us in 2017, none of Essendon's three 'high profile' recruits are consistent inside ballwinners which is what the Bombers are lacking. Their midfield is the problem and especially so again this year with Heppell and Merrett struggling.

Stage 12 now??
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2018, 02:20:26 PM »
Bomber fans I see are at either stages 1 or 2. A couple more losses in the coming weeks and they'll move onto the other stages of anger, embarrassment and indifference lol.

They and the Essendon sycophants in the media were always deluded in believing Stringer, Smith and Saad would make the Bombers a top 4 side and premiership contenders :lol :facepalm. Whereas Nank, Caddy & Prestia more than filled desperate needs for us in 2017, none of Essendon's three 'high profile' recruits are consistent inside ballwinners which is what the Bombers are lacking. Their midfield is the problem and especially so again this year with Heppell and Merrett struggling.

Stage 12 now??
I think you're right, wayne  :lol

Stage 12: We didn't cater for this.
After a reasonable start that had the conservatives talking about scraping into the 8 and the optimists talking about top 4 and yes even a Grand Final as well ,the dream has crashed  after a number of lossess in a row some heavy some heavier and some that they should have won if they weren't skata finals is merely a pipe dream. How could this be? All the so called preparation, dedication planning effort how can it amount to mediocrity, zilch, failure? Where to from here? Rather than trouble yourself and turn yourself black and blue,give yourself a break and return to stage 1. It will take the heat off for at least 18-24 months after all you'll get your social life back and that will at least prosper. Once the gloss of your binge drinking subsides after a couple of drink driving convictions and a failed marriage to complement all your personal and social misgivings then proceed to go through the other stages one by one till its time to go back to stage 1 in about five years after two full terms of coaching served by two separate coaches who were so skata that the club were never going to renew their contracts or increase their tenure  and repeat the process over again. Continue all this for at least 25 years as a minimum and only make the finals once or twice as a token gesture in between to break up the fun or monotony depending on the fragility of your state of mind. Furthermore factions within the supporter group emerge and the club is looking more disjointed and fragmented with each passing year. Enjoy Rohan Enjoy. You have been a journalist all your life to become what a male  Bomber version of the bitter twisted and degenerate writing that Caro produces in regards to the Tigers. Oh Rohan would you like to see the psychaitrist now or in 25 years?

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=15607.msg323455#msg323455

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2018, 05:49:19 PM »
Bombers with the first 5 goals of the game and up 59-15 at half-time against Geelong  :gobdrop.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2018, 03:13:28 AM »
Add the Dogs to the woeful bottom sides this year. I know they played in the wet last week but to kick just 4 behinds in a half at Etihad  :o.

By the way, another win to the Pies against a bottom side but the media pump them up while bagging us and our "soft" draw  ::)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2018, 09:05:43 PM »
really need the giants to win to burst the cheats momentum.

with no jack next week due to 2 concussions in as many weeks its going to be a really tough game.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2018, 04:31:27 AM »
Would love nothing better than us bursting their bubble next Saturday night  :thumbsup. Geelong and GWS didn't apply any tackling pressure on their mids and HBs so the Bombers were allowed time and space to move the ball. Win on the inside and kill their stoppage game and they fall to pieces across the park as we saw last year and earlier this year. There's a reason why they haven't won a final in 15 years. Opposition pressure and tackling = no more Essendon.