Author Topic: Changes for next week vs Lions?  (Read 4635 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week vs Lions?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2018, 11:38:20 AM »
Reining Premiers vs reining wooden spooners - funny how it doesn't feel like it . Hard not to be impressed by the Lions effort against Port . They are primed for a win .
Hopefully we bring our A game and stop the lairising .
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2018, 11:41:32 AM »
Flag Tiger Broad no certain starter after ban ends

Jennifer Phelan
Apr 10, 2018

RICHMOND'S Nathan Broad has been given no guarantee his return to the AFL side will coincide with the end of his club suspension, with the in-form Tigers facing a selection squeeze for Saturday's clash with Brisbane. 

The premiership defender is available this week after serving a three-game sanction for circulating a photo of a topless woman without her consent during last year's premiership celebrations.

He played one JLT Community Series game back in early March and was good without starring in the VFL Tigers' season-opening win over Port Melbourne on Saturday.

With Jayden Short and Reece Conca putting in solid performances across half-back in their win over Hawthorn on Sunday, Broad won't be a walk-up start for the clash with the Lions.

"He'll certainly be considered," Richmond football manager Neil Balme told AFL.com.au.

"Conditioning-wise, he's fine. He's run well, he's played pretty well so we've been quite pleased with him.

"The fact he hasn't been able to play AFL footy won't work for him, but he's in pretty good shape.

"We're in a good position from the point of view of selection, there'll be a lot more than 22 we'll want to pick."

The VFL Tigers have a bye this week, meaning Broad and others who miss out will likely have to make do with a heavy training session in place of a game.

Midfielder Dion Prestia will again have to prove his fitness at training this week after missing Sunday's game with a sore glute.

Prestia is coming off a limited pre-season with a pre-Christmas ankle injury healing only for him to suffer a hamstring complaint in February.

He missed both JLT games and has played just 75 per cent of a VFL practice match this year. 

He was named in last week's AFL squad but withdrawn on Friday after pulling up sore from training.

"We were conservative with him," Balme said.

"We're hopeful the soreness will settle, and he'll be able to do a full week of training.

"He's just got to be able to train and show us that he's right, so we don't have to take a punt on his condition.

"We're relatively confident but I wouldn't put any money on it as yet."

Josh Caddy is available after serving a one-match suspension and looks likely to displace Sam Lloyd, who didn't star in his first AFL game for the year on Sunday.

Young energy ball Jack Higgins overcame a nervous start to provide a couple of crowd-pleasing moments in his two-goal AFL debut and will be an unpopular omission if he goes out.

Further complicating selection is the Tigers' almost non-existent injury list, and the fact Corey Ellis and Shai Bolton responded to their omissions last week with standout games in the VFL.

Midfielder Anthony Miles also continued to rack up possessions and kicked two goals to be judged as the side's best.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-09/flag-tiger-no-certain-starter-after-ban-ends-

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2018, 02:10:28 PM »
In the mix: round four

Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
11 April 2018

RICHMOND

Off the bench:
The Tigers have two available off the back of suspensions; Josh Caddy is back after serving a one-match ban and Nathan Broad is in the frame following his three-game club sanction. Dion Prestia is also a chance to return after missing last week with a sore left glute while Corey Ellis, Shai Bolton and Anthony Miles were among the best in the VFL on Saturday.

Under the pump:
Sam Lloyd came in last week and was serviceable without being a standout with one goal and 17 disposals. Reece Conca was quiet before half-time but may have saved himself with an impressive second half when he moved into the middle. Jack Higgins had some explosive moments in his debut game but were two goals and 12 disposals enough? Jacob Townsend was quiet possession-wise against the Hawks, but his off-the-ball work remains important, and he could be required to play on Luke Hodge on Saturday.

Medical room:
The Tigers are in a blessed position injury wise. Daniel Rioli remains their only problematic omission although he is hopeful of returning in the next few weeks after a long-term foot issue. Prestia hasn't played in the seniors yet but the Tigers say it was just soreness and not a fresh injury that kept him out last week. Nathan Drummond and Shaun Hampson are back playing in the VFL after long-term injuries. They have no one suspended as of this week.

Verdict: The Tigers have nearly a full list to choose from but don't expect wholesale changes. The VFL side has a bye but Prestia might be held over for one more week with a long break on the other side of this round before their Anzac Eve clash with Melbourne an opportunity for a solid block of training. Caddy comes in for Lloyd, leaving Broad only a chance to play with Conca and Jayden Short likely to hang on.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-10/in-the-mix-round-four

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2018, 12:30:28 PM »
The reigning AFL premiers have got a bit of thinking to do at the selection table too.

Josh Caddy will be in for Richmond, Nathan Broad won’t be, but the biggest question mark is over Dion Prestia. His name may be on the team sheet tonight, but his boots won't be on the 'G come Saturday.

The ’human meatball’ is fit but hasn’t got a lot of football under his belt this year, and the Tigers’ VFL team has a bye, so the conundrum is do they give him another week of training or play him in a limited role against the Lions?

I’m told it’ll be the first option. Richmond’s travelling okay and it’ll be hard to find someone to take out to make space for Prestia anyway. Add to that the chance of the important midfielder re-injuring himself in a game the Tigers should be able to win without him, and they’re definitely going to err on the side of caution.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/the-afl-rovers-early-word-on-round-four-teams-have-swans-big-man-woes-hit-tipp-ing-point/uqxdc7lnxkqk1g2alp08zv1fd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2018, 01:17:12 PM »
Don't see the point of naming Prestia if he's not going to play.

I'll stick with my original guess of there being only one change: Caddy in for Lloyd.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2018, 01:19:44 PM »
Caddy in

Lloyd out

Pretty straight forward really.

I haven't been Conca's biggest fan but his second half last week was very good so saves his spot

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2018, 07:46:47 AM »

I'll stick with my original guess of there being only one change: Caddy in for Lloyd.

Ducks and drakes?

I don't see why we would risk Prestia in this game. We have plenty of other options, give him another week.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2018, 08:22:03 AM »

Ducks and drakes?

I don't see why we would risk Prestia in this game. We have plenty of other options, give him another week.

and have his first game v Melbourne ?

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2018, 06:38:16 AM »

Ducks and drakes?

and have his first game v Melbourne ?

A half a game in 7 weeks? Needs time in the 2's, based on last season he's not a player who hits the ground running so we're not missing much having him at a lower level getting match fitness
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2018, 08:01:04 AM »
Danger game

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2018, 10:44:29 AM »
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2018, 11:52:00 AM »
Must win game
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2018, 11:53:16 AM »
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2018, 12:00:21 PM »
We seen last night you don't bring your best footy anyone is beatable such eveness of competition.Must play 4 quarters.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2018, 12:56:16 PM »
SEN just said no late changes to either side. So that means Prestia is playing.