Author Topic: Official team for Round 3 vs Lions  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Official team for Round 3 vs Lions
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 12:51:26 AM »
Higgins will be a late inclusion for Prestia.

Lambert needs a big game when you consider his form in light of those missing out on a game.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 06:19:10 AM »
If Prestia is not fit enough  Miles should really be brought in but he won't be as he is not even an emergency.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2018, 06:54:57 AM »
Higgins out = staggering

:huh3

That's all

I don’t think so.

A First year player who got a chance when we had injuries/suspensions has to make way when senior players return.

Premiership team problems...

Just think is one premiership player really who is struggling who should have been dropped before Higgins and that's Lambert

Horribly out of form.

The fact he is premiership player should not make any difference. Out of form, had a really poor game last week (been poor every game) then IMV he should have been dropped before Higgins
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2018, 11:09:36 AM »
Nothing wrong with Higgins being dropped: Lyon

By Justin Talent
SEN
13 April 2018

Former Melbourne captain Garry Lyon doesn’t mind that Richmond youngster Jack Higgins has been dropped despite a promising AFL debut last week.

The 19-year-old, who won hearts across the competition for an entertaining post-match interview after a two goals in the Tigers’ win over Hawthorn, has lost his place in the forward line to Josh Caddy, who returns from a one week suspension.

Lyon says that limiting Higgins’ first taste of AFL footy to only one game isn’t a bad thing.

“I don’t mind it,” he said on SEN Breakfast.

“Caddy and Prestia come back in, both premiership players and in their best 22. Jack Higgins gets a taste.

“He gets experience, a couple of snags, goes back to the VFL and works hard. He’ll get another chance.”

Teammate Shaun Grigg echoed Lyon’s thoughts.

“It was really good to see him get a taste. He’s really deserved his opportunity,” the Tigers midfielder said.

“He’s trained well all pre-season and he got an opportunity, kicked a couple of goals and played his role well.

“It’s just probably a bit unfortunate for him that we have got Josh Caddy and Dion (Prestia) coming back in. I’ve got no doubt he’ll take it well.

“His energy is infectious. For someone like me that has been around a bit, it’s fun turning up to work every day with blokes like him.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/04/12/nothing-wrong-with-jack-higgins-being-dropped-lyon/

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2018, 06:11:37 PM »
Higgins out = staggering

That's all

I don’t think so.

A First year player who got a chance when we had injuries/suspensions has to make way when senior players return.

Just think is one premiership player really who is struggling who should have been dropped before Higgins and that's Lambert

Horribly out of form.

The fact he is premiership player should not make any difference. Out of form, had a really poor game last week (been poor every game) then IMV he should have been dropped before Higgins

Hasn't been at his best, but 'horribly out of form' is OTT. There are plenty who have been worse than Kane. I dare say he's attracting a bit more attention this season too. No, much better to back him in, he'll come good and work thru it at this level, and be an even better player for it.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2018, 11:09:20 PM »
Lambert :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2018, 11:29:45 PM »
Higgins out = staggering

That's all

I don’t think so.

Horribly out of form.

A bit harsh WP. Besides second half of last week Conca has been hopeless and ordinary but lambert still runs hard both ways and still covers more Kim’s than anyone in the team. Can’t question his work ethic. Ive got more faith in Lambert than I have in Conca that’s for sure. He certainly doesn’t turn over the ball as much.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2018, 11:42:02 PM »
Bit hard to turn it over when you're not getting a kick  :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"