Author Topic: Your review of how the Tiges are doing so far this season?  (Read 1514 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
We've played one third of the season so probably a good time to do a bit of a review of where we all see the Tiges are at:

1) What have you liked about the Tiges so far this year?

2) What haven't you liked / where do we still need to improve?

3) Individually, who has impressed and/or surprised you so far this year?

4) Who has been disappointing and/or has not come on as you had hoped/expected?

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Your review of how the Tiges are doing so far this season?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 05:55:02 AM »
Loved how we manage to find a way to win even if were not at our best and were showing maturity holding out in close games. And we have that extra gear were we lift and teams struggle to keep up.I also think people believe it's our fab four and that's it ,but our lesser players are causing them issues to.Plenty of improving left for me huge positive.

I haven't like and one eyed knows about it how were to cute at times and go fancy.We play our best footy just simple doing the basics and it's got us were we are.Also goal kicking needs improving.

Short has been fantastic this year gives us another dimension.Also Lambert slow start but a gem and Caddy taken his game to another level.Broad also is a important part of that back 6.

Expected C Ellis and Menadue(interrupted preseason) to come in our 22 or contention.Also need more showing from Moore for me.Bolton needs to step up to do basics first in footy not just show and take hsngers always.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 08:42:35 AM »
1) What have you liked about the Tiges so far this year? Scoring more and putting sides away. Improvement in most players.

2) What haven't you liked / where do we still need to improve? Seem to have a flat quarter per game, and we waste a lot of scoring chances by being too cute.

3) Individually, who has impressed and/or surprised you so far this year? Shorty, Broady and Caddy have impressed, all gone up a level.

4) Who has been disappointing and/or has not come on as you had hoped/expected? Corey Ellis
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 10:15:23 AM »
What a wonderful time to be alive .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 12:45:03 PM »
1) What have you liked about the Tiges so far this year? Grinding teams down and still looking pretty.

2) What haven't you liked / where do we still need to improve? Lairising/overdoing the unselfishness, sometimes letting opp.players get away handballs in tackles too easily, third quarter siestas, losing the clearances.

3) Individually, who has impressed and/or surprised you so far this year? Short & Caddy

4) Who has been disappointing and/or has not come on as you had hoped/expected? Butler
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 01:31:03 PM »
1) What have you liked about the Tiges so far this year? Top of the ladder, most points scored and least points conceded.

2) What haven't you liked / where do we still need to improve? Losing clearances and contested ball, letting the oppositions best midfielder dominate, switching off during the third quarter and not putting away teams earlier.

3) Individually, who has impressed and/or surprised you so far this year? Caddy and Short.

4) Who has been disappointing and/or has not come on as you had hoped/expected? Butler and Mcintosh from the premiership players. Menadue, CEllis and Bolton from the VFL for not showing good enough form to force their way in.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 08:25:09 PM »
We've played one third of the season so probably a good time to do a bit of a review of where we all see the Tiges are at:

I'm a traditionalist. I love the fact that the Tigers have won as many games as the Pies, Bombers and Blues combined.

3rd quarters could do with some work. Think we are overdoing the passing the ball in the forward line  to a better option at times.

Castagna, Floss and Broad. George has really improved IMO. Floss starting to find some AA form. Broad has slipped back in to the side seamlessly, when I though he might struggle after boobgate.

Not overly impressed with Butler so far. Spasmodic at best. Bolton has been disappointing after a big preseason. Felt this was a make or break season for Corey Ellis with us, and at the moment it looks like being the latter.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 08:35:30 PM »

The win-loss ratio and we are tracking well for a good tilt at a premiership defence

as mentioned, not always maintaining the rage for 4 quarters. I'm worried a team like Geelong or Adelaide can easily get a jump on us. Also I think the Nank will burn out if we don't rest him soon.

Cotch! He is in absolute beast mode! But from the lower tier, actually Caddy. His kicking for goal has exceeded all my expectations

Sounds Harsh but actually Rance. He is getting beaten more in the 1vs1 compared to 2015-2017 but in all fairness a lot of the times the umpires have been deplorable and gift the forward a free kick to make the game tighter than it should be and more high scoring. From the lower tier I wanted more from Towner as he's only kicked 1 goal against the 3 current top 8 sides and kicked nothing against the kangas this weekend past

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 01:47:51 PM »
1) What have you liked about the Tiges so far this year?  Winning

2) What haven't you liked / where do we still need to improve?  Kicking inside 50

3) Individually, who has impressed and/or surprised you so far this year?  Reece Conca, very important part of the 22.  Josh Caddy nearly our most important player

4) Who has been disappointing and/or has not come on as you had hoped/expected? Shai Bolton although young isnt using all his tools to b=best advantage

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 02:24:11 PM »

The observation that we appear to be just going thru the motions in most games so far and still winning.

Some of the forwards and midfielders need to lift a little.

Lambert and Caddy have impressed, the backs are doing really well especially Astbury and Broad they have really come on.

Dustin Martin, there's either a plan in place or he is carrying an injury.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.