Author Topic: Team vs West Coast - Higgins out; Grigg in.  (Read 4880 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Premiers exposed without Toby Nankervis (Australian)
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2018, 01:59:20 AM »
Premiers exposed without Toby Nankervis

Richard Ferguson
The Australian
19 May 2018

A potential achilles heel in Richmond’s bid for back-to-back premierships could be exposed tomorrow should Toby Nankervis fail to play in Perth.

The ruckman trained at Punt Road yesterday but is struggling with a wrist injury, with coach Damien Hardwick saying he is no certainty to tackle West Coast.

This would be a significant blow for the Tigers in the top-of-the-table clash, as the Eagles possess arguably the AFL’s best ruck combination in Nic Naitanui and Scott Lycett.

And while high-profile performers Dustin Martin, Trent Cotchin, Alex Rance and Jack Riewoldt have been brilliant in Richmond’s rise to the top, there is a strong and potentially unhealthy reliance on Nankervis.

The former Swan is not the best tap ruckman in the league but he does excel when it comes to assisting the Tigers’ defence.

His presence a kick behind play assists Richmond’s ability to drive the ball back into attack, while his agility allows him to get to contests and also provide pressure at ground level.

The Tigers stormed to success with “Nank the Tank” forming an unconventional partnership with Shaun Grigg, a tall midfielder who plays above his size to allow Nankervis a rest.

Grigg trained well yesterday and will travel as an emergency, but it is not yet certain he will play as he recovers from a hamstring strain. Ivan Soldo, who played seven games last year, has been named as an emergency. Should he break his drought this year, it will be in the most formidable of circumstances; a high-stakes game against an outstanding ruck combination.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/premiers-exposed-without-toby-nankervis/news-story/0556ca6f66ffb04609264bc1b0a8bb0e

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Team vs West Coast
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2018, 02:04:14 AM »
From BF:

i heard last night that Nankervis is out, a guy rang me from Richmond football club selling raffle ticket and said Nank was out this week! a big task for Soldo up against NN

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/west-coast-eagles-v-richmond-optus-stadium.1194162/page-20#post-55764481

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Premiers exposed without Toby Nankervis (Australian)
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2018, 05:14:03 AM »
Premiers exposed without Toby Nankervis

Richard Ferguson
The Australian
19 May 2018

A potential achilles heel in Richmond’s bid for back-to-back premierships could be exposed tomorrow should Toby Nankervis fail to play in Perth.

The ruckman trained at Punt Road yesterday but is struggling with a wrist injury, with coach Damien Hardwick saying he is no certainty to tackle West Coast.

This would be a significant blow for the Tigers in the top-of-the-table clash, as the Eagles possess arguably the AFL’s best ruck combination in Nic Naitanui and Scott Lycett.

And while high-profile performers Dustin Martin, Trent Cotchin, Alex Rance and Jack Riewoldt have been brilliant in Richmond’s rise to the top, there is a strong and potentially unhealthy reliance on Nankervis.

The former Swan is not the best tap ruckman in the league but he does excel when it comes to assisting the Tigers’ defence.

His presence a kick behind play assists Richmond’s ability to drive the ball back into attack, while his agility allows him to get to contests and also provide pressure at ground level.

The Tigers stormed to success with “Nank the Tank” forming an unconventional partnership with Shaun Grigg, a tall midfielder who plays above his size to allow Nankervis a rest.

Grigg trained well yesterday and will travel as an emergency, but it is not yet certain he will play as he recovers from a hamstring strain. Ivan Soldo, who played seven games last year, has been named as an emergency. Should he break his drought this year, it will be in the most formidable of circumstances; a high-stakes game against an outstanding ruck combination.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/premiers-exposed-without-toby-nankervis/news-story/0556ca6f66ffb04609264bc1b0a8bb0e

A potential achilies hill to go back to back ?  :banghead Lol tell this peanut its round 9 I wonder sometimes these reporters bush league ones are better.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2018, 06:20:50 AM »
I just thought Grigg and Cotch would step into the number 1 ruck duties.

I’m surprised people think we have an exposure here, hell Rioli will even be back soon and he could slot into ruck if Nank is still missing

dwaino

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2018, 11:12:13 AM »
Stuff a ruckman, just go an extra midfielder and run rings around their oafs and shark their taps.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2018, 11:35:25 AM »
Stuff a ruckman, just go an extra midfielder and run rings around their oafs and shark their taps.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2018, 12:03:45 PM »

He’s been too busy in court of late giving excellent character references to worry about footy.  :rollin

By all reports his mate is an outstanding citizen that loved to help the less fortunate and his arrest was just a miss understanding by the elderly gentleman that couldn’t comprehend why his television needed to be taken for repairs whilst he was watching an episode of Matlock.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2018, 01:44:24 PM »
Soldo is out warming up at beacy

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2018, 01:44:57 PM »
Wouldn't comment unless you know the situation for all involved, Tigeritis.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2018, 01:48:57 PM »
Cheers for that, cub  :cheers. So Nank is playing tomorrow.

cub, any sign of Stengle, Grigg or Brandon Ellis at Beaconsfield?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2018, 01:50:04 PM »

Ellis definitely there
Stengle too but not sure about Shaun Dirge

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2018, 01:58:30 PM »

Ellis definitely there
Stengle too but not sure about Shaun Dirge
Cheers, Assange. That sounds as though there will be no later changes tomorrow. They did say in the paper that Grigg would be flying over to Perth with the senior team. So that must be correct.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Team vs West Coast - Higgins out; Grigg in.
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2018, 03:18:29 PM »
Late change - Higgins out and Grigg in - according to SEN.

Eagles as selected.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2018, 03:20:27 PM »
Confirmed on the AFL website & RFC twitter.

Late change for today's #AFLEaglesTigers clash with @ShaunGrigg6 coming in to the final 22 for Jack Higgins
https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/998069403508879360

Richmond
B    Alex Rance, David Astbury, Dylan Grimes
HB    Jayden Short, Nathan Broad, Nick Vlastuin
C    Shane Edwards, Trent Cotchin, Kamdyn McIntosh
HF    Jack Graham, Josh Caddy, Jacob Townsend
F    Jason Castagna, Jack Riewoldt, Dan Butler
Fol    Toby Nankervis, Kane Lambert, Dustin Martin
I/C    Shaun Grigg, Sam Lloyd, Bachar Houli, Reece Conca

Emg    Brandon Ellis, Tyson Stengle, Ivan Soldo, Jack Higgins

In    Shaun Grigg

Out    Jack Higgins (Omitted)

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2018/9/wce-v-rich

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2018, 04:00:23 PM »
Good change.

Go Tiges