Author Topic: 8 Tigers in All-Australian squad [update]  (Read 8852 times)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: All-Australian Tigers?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2018, 07:41:30 AM »
Alex Rance
Jack Riewoldt

LOCKS

Dustin Martin
Josh Caddy
Dylan Grimes

MAYBES

Think Short, Astbury, Vlastuin, Edwards and Lambert are all good chances of joining those boys in the 40 man squad although I think the 5 you named will be the ones to make the final cut.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2018, 08:40:09 AM »
Setterfield, Cerra
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2018, 09:23:08 AM »
 :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2018, 03:29:45 PM »
dero derp Lambert derp derp derp
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2018, 03:40:58 PM »
Dusty on the bench? Come on Count, he may not be in 2017 form but I would still take him in my team before Oliver, Sidebottom, Cripps (and even Mitchell if I really think about it)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2018, 05:31:29 PM »
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2018, 07:57:16 PM »
JON RALPH’S ALL-AUSTRALIAN SQUAD OF 40

Herald-Sun
20 Aug 2018

RICHMOND

No Shane Edwards, no Trent Cotchin. But Dusty Martin might win the Brownlow still so has to be in by any measure. Kane Lambert gets a nod ahead of the game’s No. 1 assists player Shane Edwards. Alex Rance has to be in but a fifth consecutive All Australian nod is no certainty, while Nick Vlastuin is rough and tough and fearless so gets into the dozen defenders on this list. Josh Caddy and Jack Riewoldt pick themselves. Dylan Grimes is stiff, but can you have three Tiger defenders in a dozen backmen picked?

-----------------------------------------------------------

BACKS — 12

Phil Davis (GWS) — ranks second for intercept possessions amongst key defenders

Alex Rance (Richmond) — ranks No.1 in the competition for intercept possessions

Shannon Hurn (West Coast) — rates elite for intercept possessions and intercept marks

Rory Laird (Adelaide) — ranks No.1 amongst defenders for disposals and second in the competition for intercept possessions

Jake Lloyd (Sydney) — ranks second amongst defenders for disposals and fifth for metres gained

Harris Andrews (Brisbane) — No.1 rated key defender based on the Official AFL Player Ratings

Jeremy McGovern (West Coast) — ranks No.1 in the competition for intercept marks

Ben Stratton (Hawthorn) — rates elite for spoils and above average for intercept possessions

James Sicily (Hawthorn) — No.1 rated general defender based on the Official AFL Player Ratings

Lachie Whitfield (GWS) — rates elite for disposals and metres gained

Nick Vlastuin (Richmond) — ranks third for intercept marks of general defenders

Mark Blicavs (Geelong) — lost 16% of defensive 1-1 contests — ranked 4th in the competition

MIDS — 13

Isaac Smith (Hawthorn) — only wingman to average over a goal per game

Tom Mitchell (Hawthorn) — ranks No.1 for disposals and clearances in the competition

Patrick Cripps (Carlton) — ranks No.1 in the competition for contested possessions

Clayton Oliver (Melbourne) — ranks second for contested possessions and No.1 for ground ball gets

Stephen Coniglio (GWS) — rates elite for goals and score involvements

Andrew Gaff (West Coast) — ranks fifth for disposals and No.1 for uncontested possessions

Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong) — No.1 rated mid-forward based on the Official AFL Player Ratings

Shaun Higgins (North Melbourne) — rates elite for metres, inside 50s and score assists

Jackson Macrae (Western Bulldogs) — ranks second for disposals and third for ground ball gets

Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood) — rates above average for disposals, score involvements and pressure points

Steele Sidebottom (Collingwood) — rates above average for disposals and elite for uncontested possessions

Ben Cunnington (North Melbourne) — ranks fifth for contested possessions

Dayne Beams (Brisbane) — rates above average for disposals and elite for goals

RUCKS — 2

Max Gawn (Melbourne) — ranks No.1 for hit-outs to advantage and No.1 for score involvements amongst rucks

Brodie Grundy (Collingwood) — No.1 for his position in disposals, contested possessions and clearances

FORWARDS — 13

Dustin Martin (Richmond) — No.1 for goals and score involvements amongst midfielders

Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide) — ranks second for goals per game amongst mid-forwards

Josh Caddy (Richmond) — ranks second for goals per game amongst general forwards

Jordan De Goey (Collingwood) — ranks No.1 for goals per game amongst mid-forwards

Jack Riewoldt (Richmond) — ranks No.1 for marks inside 50 and third for goals per game

Luke Breust (Hawthorn) — ranks No.1 of general forwards for goals per game and score involvements

Kane Lambert (Richmond) — ranks No.1 for disposals amongst general and third for score involvements

Devon Smith (Essendon) — ranks No.1 for pressure points in the competition

Tom Hawkins (Geelong) — ranks second for marks inside 50 and second for score involvements amongst key forwards

Ben Brown (North Melbourne) — ranks third for goals per game and the No.1 accuracy of key forwards

Lance Franklin (Sydney) — ranks No.1 for goals per game and score involvements

Tim Kelly (Geelong) — rates elite for disposals and clearances

Jack Gunston (Hawthorn) — rates elite for disposals and above average for goals 13

UNLUCKY OMISSIONS

Gary Ablett (Geelong)

Trent Cotchin (Richmond)

Tom Jonas (Port Adelaide)

Dayne Zorko (Brisbane)

Shane Edwards (Richmond)

Angus Brayshaw (Melbourne)

Tom McDonald (Melbourne)

Dyson Heppell (Essendon)

Elliot Yeo (West Coast)

Will Hoskin Elliott (Collingwood)

Jaidyn Stephenson (Collingwood)

Nathan Fyfe (Fremantle)

Josh Kelly (GWS)

Bryce Gibbs (Adelaide)

Dane Rampe (Sydney)

Ollie Wines (Port Adelaide)

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/jon-ralph-picks-his-2018-allaustralian-squad-of-40/news-story/519f94c07632f3c39c713e657866e2f4

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2018, 12:24:52 AM »
No Grimes but Lambert in.....it all makes sense now, Jon Ralph is "The Machine" .... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2018, 12:38:14 AM »
Sportsday @SportsdayRadio

How many Richmond players will be in the 40-man All-Australian squad?

We've think there's ten players who could very well be considered.

Dustin Martin
Alex Rance
Dylan Grimes
Shane Edwards
Kane Lambert
Jack Riewoldt
Nick Vlastuin
Josh Caddy
Trent Cotchin
David Astbury

6:36 PM - 22 Aug 2018

https://twitter.com/SportsdayRadio/status/1032184694870224896

dwaino

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2018, 06:53:23 AM »
Our entire backline should be AA.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2018, 08:52:11 AM »
The journos are struggling with the fact these guys aren't racking up huge stats.

Lloyd and Laird are pretty much named because they rack up heaps of disposals.

Blicavs... lol!!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2018, 09:28:29 AM »
Doubt cotch will make it. He has sacrificed his game for the benefit of the team which is why we dont see him racking up huge numbers like he once did and why he wont be named.

Switch him for shorty and that would be the 10 which will be in contention for the 40 man squad although obviously all wont make it.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2018, 07:20:48 AM »
For me

Locks
Jack, Caddy, Rance

Maybes
Shorty, Grimes, Astbury, Lambert, Edwards, Vlastuin

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2018, 07:34:42 AM »
The journos are struggling with the fact these guys aren't racking up huge stats.

Lloyd and Laird are pretty much named because they rack up heaps of disposals.

Blicavs... lol!!

Great post, it’s mind numbing. Surely someone in the media have worked out what we are doing to the opposition in the Cats/Magpies games where their mids “dominated” but had little influence
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2018, 09:00:09 AM »
For me

Locks
Jack, Caddy, Rance

Maybes
Shorty, Grimes, Astbury, Lambert, Edwards, Vlastuin

No Dusty but KANE LAMBERT  :lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"