Author Topic: Shane Tuck [merged]  (Read 51635 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shane Tuck [merged]
« Reply #990 on: August 26, 2013, 12:59:06 PM »
I hope so. Not like we're going to be beating up on little kids like yesterday. Will need more toughness against the Dons.

Agreed. We need to remember Heppell is out. We'll be up against men.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #991 on: August 26, 2013, 01:31:03 PM »
yep, not happy, going in short down back without Tucky
Not playing tucky cost us the game against carlton, he is just hard, tough and gives us great drive plus he plays tall and is a great mark. Why hardwick perseveres with this poo is beyond me. If tucky doesnt play against ess or in 1st game of finals (probably against carlton) it will be effin disgraceful

agree

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #992 on: October 29, 2013, 06:52:47 PM »

Eamon Evans
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Source: SportsFan

Oldest son Shane started his career in the brown and gold 10 years later ... and it very nearly proved the end of him. Physically unready for AFL football (he battled ankle problems, heart problems and osteitis pubis), the teenager found it a psychological burden as well.

"You walk down the hallway and your old man's in every premiership photo," Shane has since said of his short stint at Glenferrie, which ended with his delisting in 2002.

"I think it was a burden," Michael says. "Everywhere he went, people would ask him about his old man ... I've always said to him that he's Shane Tuck, not Michael Tuck, but some can handle that pressure and some can't. The best part about him (eventually being drafted to Richmond in 2004) is that it's his own career. He's Shane Tuck of Richmond, which is good for him…"

Shane was also good for Richmond, of course. Now retired after 171 games, he mostly made do on one-year contracts, and often came close to being cut. But the team should have shown more faith. At the end of Shane's career, had had seven top-10 places in Richmond's best-and-fairest award, and an average of 23 possessions a game.

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/a-tale-of-three-tucks/tabid/91/newsid/114527/default.aspx