Author Topic: Richmond could play at 85 per cent and still win: Dal Santo (SEN)  (Read 1062 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dal: "I think Richmond could play at 85 per cent and still win"

By Nic Negrepontis
SEN
9 July 2018

Former three-time All-Australian midfielder Nick Dal Santo said Richmond’s performance on Friday night opened his eyes to the gap between them and everyone else.

The Tigers dispatched last year’s runners up in Adelaide with ease and they now sit a game clear on top of the ladder.

Dal Santo said he thought there were contenders, but given the Tigers will likely play every final at the MCG, he isn’t so sure anymore.

“Walking away from the ground on Friday night, I’ve changed my opinion. They are clearly the best team in the competition and I know that’s an obvious one, but even up until last week I felt there was contenders,” he told SEN Breakfast.

“I had these teams at their very best challenging Richmond – Port, Melbourne, West Coast and Collingwood, but the way the Tigers are playing and what they did on Friday to the Crows, I think they could play at 85 per cent and still win.

“I think they’ve got enough room to make some mistakes and have some players not at their best, but the spread of their work load and their ability to move that football, the amount of questions they ask across all lines, it’s too much.”

The former North Melbourne midfielder said the Tigers have too many weapons for opposition teams to stop.

“When you’ve got defenders making forwards nervous, it’s a huge concern, traditionally it’s always been the other way around,” he said.

“They’ve got this forward line that’s just clicking. I changed my mind at about 11:30pm on Friday night.”

Richmond’s next game at the MCG will be in Round 19 against Collingwood and former St Kilda captain Danny Frawley believes this game could draw 100,000 fans.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/07/08/dal-i-think-richmond-could-play-at-85-per-cent-and-still-win/

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond could play at 85 per cent and still win: Dal Santo (SEN)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 04:48:59 PM »
 Don't like this type of hype......Long as they players and coaches don't start bathing in their own bath water.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 05:36:43 PM »
Don't think they are or will, pmac. Nearly everytime a Tiger player is interviewed they mention how all the players know they are not the most talented side ever and so they know they need to bring that pressure and intensity each and every week. I reckon the media and opposition fans not rating us has played into our hands. Our players want to prove to the haters and naysayers that last year's premiership was no "fluke".
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Lebowski

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 06:03:21 PM »
Don't think they are or will, pmac. Nearly everytime a Tiger player is interviewed they mention how all the players know they are not the most talented side ever and so they know they need to bring that pressure and intensity each and every week. I reckon the media and opposition fans not rating us has played into our hands. Our players want to prove to the haters and naysayers that last year's premiership was no "fluke".

Yep, caddy on the Sunday footy show said as much staring that “we know if we don’t bring the pressure, we’re just an average footy side. There’s no way we’re getting ahead of ourselves this year

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 06:43:55 PM »

Yep, caddy on the Sunday footy show said as much staring that “we know if we don’t bring the pressure, we’re just an average footy side. There’s no way we’re getting ahead of ourselves this year

Yep beat me to it, and I was pleased to hear him say that as well as playing down other comments about success
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 07:11:47 PM »
Tom thumb really is a mental giant isnt he

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 07:39:54 PM »
Dal Santo described as the former North Melbourne midfielder ???