Author Topic: Richmond vs Collingwood @ the M.C.G., Round 19, 2018  (Read 12054 times)

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Collingwood @ the M.C.G., Round 19, 2018
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2018, 12:55:24 PM »
Most damage occurred when Grigg was in the ruck, just non competitive which yesterday just allowed the pies to gain the ascendency hence the ebb and flow of the game. If statistically charted against when Grigg and Nanks were in the ruck i am sure it will show a definite pattern. Our back six had to repel an onslaught for periods which kept us in the game.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2018, 01:03:34 PM »
we just soak up their best shots, stay in touch, keep running em around for most of the game.  Look to set up the knock out for the fourth... keeps working...  I cannot believe how fit our team is.  We are fast, but Collingwood were fast too, they just died in the arse first.  Eagles are fast as well.  With two teams playing a similar style a lot of it becomes down to several factors, endurance (mental and physical), and pure arse ...chaos ball falling into your lap, poo umpiring decision going against you or and idiot magpie muai thai kneeing his team mate in face, (I would of paid double if I knew he was gonna do that)  ...
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2018, 06:51:58 PM »
When is butler due back,?

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2018, 07:22:54 PM »
When is butler due back,?

2-3 weeks he said yesterday

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2018, 07:40:04 PM »
We either weren't at 100% or Collingwood are much better than we give them credit for. Thought they controlled large amounts of that game, and we just pinched goals against the run to hold the lead. Concerning.

We needed a really competitive hit out, and to snag the points was pretty important, especially with the Weagles losing today.

I also enjoyed the saltyness from Collingwood supporters. My favourite included attributing the loss the their outs stating that if we had similar outs to theirs we would be nowhere with a like for like comparison of:

Treloar = Cotch
De Goey = Dusty
Elliot = Edwards
Dunn = Rance
Howe = Grimes

I poo you not.  :lol :lol :lol

dwaino

« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2018, 09:07:02 PM »
Every week that teams stick with us until 3/4 time they claim they could have won. Except it happens every time and unless you can play us for four quarters then you've got little chance.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2018, 09:52:23 PM »
salty Collingwood tears go good in a Marguerita

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2018, 01:25:57 PM »
We either weren't at 100% or Collingwood are much better than we give them credit for. Thought they controlled large amounts of that game, and we just pinched goals against the run to hold the lead. Concerning.

We needed a really competitive hit out, and to snag the points was pretty important, especially with the Weagles losing today.

I also enjoyed the saltyness from Collingwood supporters. My favourite included attributing the loss the their outs stating that if we had similar outs to theirs we would be nowhere with a like for like comparison of:

Treloar = Cotch
De Goey = Dusty
Elliot = Edwards
Dunn = Rance
Howe = Grimes

Treloar / Cotch - close but Cotch has more class (but less leg speed).  Cotch also has 100 times more leadership that Treloar
De Goey / Dusty - LOL.  Probably Dusty of 4 or 5 years ago but not the Dusty that we saw last year (albeit he has dropped off this year)
Elliott / Edwards - close, good player is Elliott. But when he can open the play up like Edwards does from a handball nobody sees, come and see me.
Dunn / Rance - LMFAO, deserves no commentary
Howe / Grimes - Howe is better at sitting on heads and that's where it stops unfortunately.

My comparisons would be:

Treloar / Prestia
De Goey / Caddy
Elliott / Butler
Dunn / Astbury
Howe / Broad

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2018, 01:47:47 PM »

Treloar = Cotch
De Goey = Dusty
Elliot = Edwards
Dunn = Rance
Howe = Grimes

Treloar / Cotch - close but Cotch has more class (but less leg speed).  Cotch also has 100 times more leadership that Treloar
De Goey / Dusty - LOL.  Probably Dusty of 4 or 5 years ago but not the Dusty that we saw last year (albeit he has dropped off this year)
Elliott / Edwards - close, good player is Elliott. But when he can open the play up like Edwards does from a handball nobody sees, come and see me.
Dunn / Rance - LMFAO, deserves no commentary
Howe / Grimes - Howe is better at sitting on heads and that's where it stops unfortunately.

My comparisons would be:

Treloar / Prestia
De Goey / Caddy
Elliott / Butler
Dunn / Astbury
Howe / Broad

Geez Astbury and Braod a bit undersold there. Prestia is silk compared Treloar just keeps getting injured a clear run would see him all over this showboat.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2018, 10:01:09 PM »
Just confirmed that Prestia has cracked rib/ribs....

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2018, 10:12:29 PM »
Yeah out for 1. Check out the burge injury interview on the RFC site

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2018, 04:10:25 AM »
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Buckley)

RICHMOND v COLLINGWOOD

10 Brodie Grundy (COLL)
7 Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
4 Shane Edwards (RICH)
4 Jack Riewoldt (RICH)
4 David Astbury (RICH)
1 Dion Prestia (RICH)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-30/aflca-votes-round-19-leading-trio-leap-clear-of-pack